Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Late bloomers - Best success late in the career?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLate bloomers - Best success late in the career?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2013 at 20:04
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I'm sure this won't be a very popular post... hell, even I have to disagree with myself. But Yes's most popular album for the rest of the world (outside our little prog world) was 90125, 14 years after their debut.

I agree, the OP set the bar at "Best Success," not "Best Music"!  

Genesis would also fit with that criterion.  

For "best music late in the career," I'd say that King Crimson would be a candidate....the LTIA trio of LTIA, SABB and Red are much more consistent and muscular than the first three KC releases.  

The Discipine era also had some legs.  Fripp proved that, by reinventing the band but retaining key elements of the musical vision, improvement could be found.  

After Discipline, the results are mixed, but still pretty darn good by any standards.
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2013 at 10:49
I gotta go with VANDEN PLAS. Their last 2 albums have been by far, in my opinion, their best and most complete works to date. Really hone their sound wonderfully and uniquely on CHRIST O and SEPAPHIC CLOCKWORK.
I would really put both these albums as 2 of some of the very best progressive metal albums in the 21st century...at least from 2000-2010. Exceptional works. I really look forward to hear Vanden Plas's next effort....when ever that may be ?
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234