Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closednew ayreon album instrumentalists

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: new ayreon album instrumentalists
    Posted: October 27 2013 at 04:55
hello did anybody know in which song the guest instrumentalists of the new ayreon album participate .especialy i am interested to keith emerson steve hackett ,wakeman and rudess.
proggman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2013 at 23:12
How about buying the album, then you'll probably know.
When he rides, my fears subside.
For darkness turns once more to light.
Through the skies, his white horse flies.
To find a land beyond the night.
pkos76 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2013 at 19:06
i did that. i purchaced it today
proggman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2013 at 19:53
Good so now you know.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2013 at 07:37
i wrote in the review for it:

phase 1

‘Progressive Waves’ has to be given special mention as it is a huge keyboard solo between Emerson and Rudess; a simply gobsmacking moment of the album. Emerson is brilliant of course and I love to hear his unmistakeable trademark staccato Hammond sound. Rudess on the Continuum is a master in his own right and gets some amazing sounds out of that weird contraption of his.

and

in phase 2

The second epic is ‘Symmetry’ opening with grand guitar and ethereal pipes until a throbbing synth locks in and some wonderful phased lead guitar motifs. This one has the foreign sound of ‘Loser’ from “The Human Equation”. The deep resonating lyrics tell the tale, “I don’t mean to interfere but I see quite a change in you”. The tale unfolds where the Teacher implores “We can play a part changing history, our time is near” This is followed by the observations of The Psychiatrist “I have to say it’s unusual, such a transformation overnight, I wouldn’t have thought it was possible, I don’t want to scare you but it can’t be right” and the Son replies “A world of endless wonder lies ahead.” The synth solo to follow is wonderful sounding very retro and 80s, then an ascending riff of distorted power crunches along till it moves to a fast tempo chugging metal riff. I love this section at 5:10 and the Hammond underneath is nicely placed. A lead guitar solo and Rick Wakeman’s keyboard workout follows with grinding organ a constant presence. 

and in phase 4

An Egyptian sounding melody enters, with some wonderful flourishes on keyboard and Steve Hackett’s guitar. Acoustics chime in and the Father’s lyrics “is this your work, be honest now, how did you do it, I’m not angry boy, but I really need to know.” 

Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2013 at 08:07
Originally posted by proggman proggman wrote:

Good so now you know.

Make sure you never ask a question cuz now you'll get the same response. 

Wink
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
proggman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2013 at 13:49
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

i wrote in the review for it:

phase 1

‘Progressive Waves’ has to be given special mention as it is a huge keyboard solo between Emerson and Rudess; a simply gobsmacking moment of the album. Emerson is brilliant of course and I love to hear his unmistakeable trademark staccato Hammond sound. Rudess on the Continuum is a master in his own right and gets some amazing sounds out of that weird contraption of his.

and

in phase 2

The second epic is ‘Symmetry’ opening with grand guitar and ethereal pipes until a throbbing synth locks in and some wonderful phased lead guitar motifs. This one has the foreign sound of ‘Loser’ from “The Human Equation”. The deep resonating lyrics tell the tale, “I don’t mean to interfere but I see quite a change in you”. The tale unfolds where the Teacher implores “We can play a part changing history, our time is near” This is followed by the observations of The Psychiatrist “I have to say it’s unusual, such a transformation overnight, I wouldn’t have thought it was possible, I don’t want to scare you but it can’t be right” and the Son replies “A world of endless wonder lies ahead.” The synth solo to follow is wonderful sounding very retro and 80s, then an ascending riff of distorted power crunches along till it moves to a fast tempo chugging metal riff. I love this section at 5:10 and the Hammond underneath is nicely placed. A lead guitar solo and Rick Wakeman’s keyboard workout follows with grinding organ a constant presence. 

and in phase 4

An Egyptian sounding melody enters, with some wonderful flourishes on keyboard and Steve Hackett’s guitar. Acoustics chime in and the Father’s lyrics “is this your work, be honest now, how did you do it, I’m not angry boy, but I really need to know.” 

Great review. I read it on the front page, you are one of the best reviewers here.

Edited by proggman - October 30 2013 at 21:57
mickfelagund View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2013 at 18:03
very cool...ayreon new album is wonderful as always he did
 Post Reply Post Reply