FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFusitsusha (Kenji Haino) in London, Mon 28 Oct

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fusitsusha (Kenji Haino) in London, Mon 28 Oct
    Posted: October 27 2013 at 17:05
Hi all, brutally short notice but I thought it worth sharing word of this show tomorrow (Monday 28 Oct).

Fush*tsusha are unquestionably the most savagely psychedelic live proposition I've ever encountered, so I hope it might be of interest to many - here's a taste of their Berlin show on last Friday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9oOkSrlcZA

Miles of Smiles very proudly presents...

Monday 28th October, 2013

FUsh*tSUSHA

BRIDGET HAYDEN

Corsica Studios

4/5 Elephant Road

London SE17 1LB

Doors 8pm

£17 adv

www.wegottickets.com/event/238130

An intimate, whites-of-the-eyeballs London set for Keiji Haino's revenant psychedelic blues power trio FUsh*tSUSHA, the fiercest, most transcendent ensemble in this or any other dimension!

"The greatest rock band on the planet... At this point in time I think it’s safe to say that no one else has so successfully and rigorously disinterred and interrogated the basic tenets of rock music as Fush*tsusha and to think that at 60 years old Haino is still making the most radical and searching rock music of anyone’s career is a tribute to his commitment to the specifics of vision and his belief in the potential of the form. From where I’m sitting it feels like the whole history of rock music has led up to this."- Volcanic Tongue

At last, BRIDGET HAYDEN returns for her first MoS appearance since late 2008, when this Vibracathedral Orchestra/Sunburned Hand of the Man alumnus dragged creeping, savage wraith-blues and jagged, glacial drone-sheets of mind-shattering purity from the unquiet aether. Unmissable!

"At her most gleefully feral, Bridget Hayden strips away everything conventionally “musical” to leave just grimy, obsessively repeating moans and howls. The other curious aspect of Hayden’s current aesthetic is that she describes it as “f**ked-up blues,” which is exactly what it is, though that probably won’t be immediately apparent to a lot of folks. Very, very few people can take on the blues in 2011 without being spectacularly lame, boring, disingenuous, or all three. Bridget, however, has hacked away all of the meaningless tropes to get at the gut-level essence of the form. Her gnarled squalls convey raw, naked emotion in a way that words couldn’t. Hayden balances her bad-intentioned Dead C/early Sonic Youth moments with quieter, more desolate works, substituting queasy dissonance, pronounced tape hiss, and creaking strings for raw power." - Foxy Digitalis

Post Reply Post Reply