Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAmadeus Awad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amadeus Awad
    Posted: November 11 2013 at 17:00
Although there are more albums already from Amadeus. I have a feeling he doesn't realise how important it is to be on PA. The list of people he works with is incredible as in fact, Amadeus himself is! He is from Beirut.
Here is the new EP
http://melodicrevolutionrecords.com/album/schizanimus
Amadeus Awad ~ Guitars, Programming & Keyboards
Elia I. Monsef ~ Vocals
Gavin Harrison ~ Drums
Dan Veall ~ Bass &
Danny Bou-Maroun ~ Orchestration & Additional Keyboards.

An earlier album is here:
http://melodicrevolutionrecords.com/album/time-of-the-equinox
released 18 June 2013
Amadeus Awad (Solo) - All Guitars, Bass and Programming.
Elia Monsef (Amadeus Awad - Ostura) - Vocals
Mark Boals (Yngwie Malmsteen - Royal Hunt) - Vocals
Liz Vandal (Sahara - Uli Jon Roth ) - Vocals.
Timo Somers (Delain) - Guitar.
Mood Yassin (Amadeus Awad) - Keyboards.

Big smile
http://www.corvusstone.com
MRR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 17:05
This is a brilliant artist that and this ep is brilliant would love to see some people review this.
Thank you for posting this Colin, much appreciated.

Edited by MRR - November 11 2013 at 17:14
"Music You Didn't Know You Would Love" © 20004/2024
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 17:33
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 17:37
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 17:39
thanks but rejected unanimously 9 months ago
MRR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 17:43
Sonia  Headbanger
odinalcatraz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 17:46
Confused
Maybe the 2 new albums will change that? I do think they should be considered again. He is billed as the Arjen Lucassen of the middle east. The guy in the Tshirt Big smile
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 18:13
Originally posted by aapatsos aapatsos wrote:

thanks but rejected unanimously 9 months ago

Hello Aapatsos
Which album? The new album Schizanimus? No!!
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 00:23
Ok now I am most curious, this last album mentioned above if it's not prog, I am honestly lost here???? Ok I am open to an explanation as how this would not be considered prog? Unless I hear something different and interesting more so than some who were included on here, this is progressive in my honest opinion and no I am in no sense or way connected to this artist, don't know him, never spoke to him etc. just my honest opinion as the listener, this specific track progresses as it goes on, please give it a listen, listen to the whole track and if you don't think it's prog let me know why and no matter what even if I may disagree I will accept this. This is a prog band from the middle east and I THINK THEY ARE GREAT, really! here's the song link:    http://melodicrevolutionrecords.com/track/poetry-of-time
This artist adds middle eastern elements to prog and metal.

Edited by Kati - November 12 2013 at 00:24
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 03:14
Hi Sonia, Colin & Nick.

A bit of background info regarding the previous evaluation.

Amadeus was suggested in this forum by idlero on 25th january this year: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=91716, and a few days previously he had been passed to the Prog Metal team by a PA collaborator directly in their team thread in the collab zone.

The evaluation was based on the 'Time Of The Equinox' album, which although not officially released on MRR until June of this year, was available to listen to (or at least the majority of it was) via YouTube, Reverbnation and Soundcloud. I posted several YouTube samples in the above thread, and gave the other links that were available at the time too.

The artist was indeed unanimously rejected by the Prog Metal team:

Amadeus Awad

I can understand why he should not be included in any of the three metal sub genres we have on here, because there is hardly any metal in any of the songs...but that is not to say the material isn't prog, because as far as I am concerned it most definitely is, and a 'move' vote would have perhaps been a kinder decision than the three straight 'no's that were actually cast - maybe to Heavy Prog, or failing that, Crossover.

The music is actually very dificult to pigeonhole, and we have had a fair few artists like this who don't neatly fit into any existing sub genre - they tend to get bounced around between the various teams (ping-ponging, as it is called on here LOL), and it can take months if not years to eventually accomodate them on the site (most often in Crossover, which has been traditionally used as a last-gasp solution for these 'difficult' artists).

Hopefully some collabs and special collabs will post their thoughts regarding Amadeus Awad's music, and how it might fit into progarchives, in this thread...and a re-evalution subsequently be carried out in another sub genre - perhaps after waiting for the release next month of his forthcoming new full album "The Book of Gates".

In the meantime I'm going to copy the full info about Amadeus from the Melodic Revolution Records website: http://mrrmusic.com/amadeusawad.html (as long as Nick doesn't object Embarrassed) right here so that folks can get an idea of what this guy is all about:

Amadeus Awad (born September 3, 1978) (Original Name Ahmad Awad) is a Progressive Rock/Metal guitarist and composer, multi-instrumentalist, music producer and sound designer from Lebanon. He is most notable for being the first Middle-Eastern rock artist to collaborate with an American artist along with other renowned foreign artists.

It was at the age of six years old that Amadeus first laid his eyes on a Richie Blackmore video tape, wherein he was playing in the Deep Purple California Jam. He was highly influenced and taken away by Richie's performance and attitude and a strong desire urged him into doing the same. He formed his first Hard Rock band, Thorn Birds, at the age of fourteen. They mainly covered Deep purple, Dio and Rainbow. Leaving his childhood home and band behind, he moved to the Capital Beirut at the age of nineteen for the pursuit of his musical dream and career. After that he played in many cover bands until he started his Solo career in mid 2010.

In December 2012 at the age of 34 Amadeus announced the following: 12.12.12 marks a new age and a new endeavor, 3 years ago I started my solo carrier which has been filled with many exciting moments, a regional tour, 2 studio releases Ghost Stories (2011) Time Of The Equinox (2012) and most recently signed to US label Melodic Revolution Records. Since the signing Amadeus has released his 3rd album Schizanimus which features three tracks clocking in at over 23 Minutes. Schizanimus is a story of love, hate, betrayal, schizophrenia, suicide and endless conflicts. The CD was released at Metro Al Midina on 13th of August where the band performed to a packed house and an overwhelming response.
Line up for Schizanimus Release
Amadeus Awad: Guitars, Programming & Keyboards
Elia I. Monsef: Vocals
Gavin Harrison: ( Porcupine Tree, Osi, King Crimson ) Drums
Dan Veall: Bass
Danny Bou-Maroun: Orchestration & Additional Keyboards.

Not one to sit still Amadeus has been working hard on his next full length release "The Book of Gates" due out in December 2013 this album originally started out as a collaborative work between the band members, resulting in a heavy progressive album with oriental elements never heard before. "The Book of Gates" features a heavier sound, bigger production and huge ensemble of international artist. This marks the start of the band's new age, a new EON. The Book of Gates is an epic story from the heart of Egypt, the land of the Pharaohs.

Amadeus Awad's EON
Amadeus Awad: Guitars
Elia Monsef: Vocals
Dan Veal - Bass

Special Guests:
Russell Allen: Vocals (Symphony X, Adrenaline Mob), Amanda Somerville: Vocals (Aina, Trillium), Timo Tolkki: Guitarist (Stratovarius, Avalon), Kevin Moore: Keyboardist (Dream Theater, OSI) Drummer to be announced soon.

...And that is indeed quite a guest list! Cool

I have every confidence that a place on PA will eventually be found for this really excellent artist...it just might require a little patience from everyone whilst all the avenues are explored. Smile
MRR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 08:31
Hello Yam Yam
Thank you for taking time to help shed some light on this topic. I clicked on the Discoogrophy button above and noticed that it stated nothing was found, I think someone for got to look at CD Baby as Amadeus self released a 5 track EP called "Ghost Stories" and in 2012 "Time of the Equinox" Which we picked up and reissued this year, Then we released "Schizanimus" a 3 track EP the first new original material since the original release of "Time of the Equinox"

Thank you for for posting Amadeus bio and for posting info on his upcoming project EON, that said I hope that his two albums may be reviewed for the quality of music, production and musicianship as he truly is an amazing music and I am not just saying that because we signed him earlier this year.  Yes it is true his work does not sound like ELP or Shadow Gallery and I think that is the point of good progressive music, to take a sound to the next level while retaining the integrity of a genre or sub genre.

Again I thank you for revisiting this artist.
Cheers
Nick Katona

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 09:18
Listening to the Equinox album right now. I can see why these guys were rejected for metal - even if the singer sounds like James Labrie. 
There are some prog moments on it, but I'm not entirely sure that makes them eligible for the site. Sounds very much in the vein of Satriani n Malmsteen-like shred rock, and they're not featured here under any of the prog proper subs.
Just my two centsSmile
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 11:46
Yam Yam, hello   
I cannot comment on the Equinox album, as I have not listened to that one.
My comments above are in reference to the new album called Schizanimus, as I understand this one has not been evaluated therefore could this album be taken in consideration?
Many thanks and friendly regards,
Sonia
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 11:52
Hello again, good to see some discussion

indeed as Dave (yam yam) said, the evaluation was based on the 'Time Of The Equinox' - Satriani/Malmsteen type shred rock with some prog elements does not qualify for prog metal. I like the work that Nick is doing in MRR (hi Nick, we have spoken before), but we all know MRR sign also interesting non-prog artists.

If there is a new full release (Schizanimus I take it is a 3-track EP) we are more than happy to evaluate again. Listening to Schizanimus' first track now and it sounds much more progressive than the taste Equinox left me with (and also much less metallic), so there might be a chance for inclusion.

Just to clarify the "No" meant it is not prog, not just "not metal"; if the latter was the case, we would have passed the evaluation on another team.

Big smile

Edited by aapatsos - November 12 2013 at 12:05
odinalcatraz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 12:58
This is all great news!
Thank you everyone. I think Awad will be very happy! Smile
MRR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 16:57
Here is a message from Amadeus Awad regarding this tread.

1. I agree that "Time Of The Equinox" is not a prog album, it has prog elements, and though I am very proud of this release, but I gotta admit that it is amateurish.

2. "Time Of The Equinox" is a guitarist album, right after its release I decided that I want people to remember me as a composer and not as a guitarist, this is why "Schizanimus" is as far from a guitar-based album as it can be, and it highlights my abilities as a composer.

3. Schizanimus will be a full length next month as we add the 4th song to it, its running time will be well over 30 mins and it will be eligible to be called an album.

4. The Book Of Gates will be out in February, I pushed it a bit because I re-recorded the drums with John Macaluso, and this is the heaviest music I have ever produced.

5. I thank you sincerely for all your efforts and all your attention to details and I am proud to be in such a discussion

aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 17:12
Thanks Nick - please keep us posted on this thread and will look to re-evaluate once this is a complete album

Thanos
MRR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 17:24
You got it Thanos and thank you. Star

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 17:29
You are all so lovable and nice to each other lolol ok now group hug hahaha sorry, couldn't help myself but this post as been great fun tho'
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 20:43
Very nice.
Should be here.

Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>