Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCamel: 2014 tour officially announced.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2014 at 06:56
Originally posted by rbht rbht wrote:

I have one front row centre ticket available for the Sheffield show as I can no longer go unfortunately, if anyone would like it at face value let me know and I'll get it posted out.

I'm still desperately trying to shift this front row centre ticket to Sheffield. I'd rather someone on here took the ticket for free than it went to waste. Any takers at all?
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2014 at 18:11
Originally posted by Roj Roj wrote:

^ I read that too.  Very sad news.

Oh and by the way, welcome back!

Thank you - that's very kind. I've had a huge number of PMs of good will which shows that the majority of people on here are really decent people.

It's just a temporary return; I've no time now to become active on here again since I've found a new interest which consumes all my time. But I do visit occasionally for reference, even if I don't post.
hogweed666 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 04:17
The 'new' song 'Never Let Go' used to be available as a free download from the camel productions website and is a few years old....I was at the wolverhampton gig last October and it was tremendous...got my tickets for Birmingham on 10th March...looks like a similar set to last year but not bothered...this will be the 8th time I've seen them
Jorvik View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2014 at 19:19
It was a good gig and I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed the Harrogate one more than Sheffield, even though the performances are now definitely more polished than the first night.

My brother was disappointed that they didn't do Never Let Go in the encore and I was disappointed that they didn't do Air Born (I'm glad someone posted the setlist from Harrogate, my memory's getting atrocious and I was one of the younger members of the audience so I've no excuese). The thought crossed my mind that perhaps someone from the band reads PA and saw the confusion about the 'new' Never Let Go and perhaps that was why it was dropped, which'd be a shame as it's a good track.

Neither did they do Tell Me, Mystic Queen (a bit of a shame, that) or Wait, but for the life of me I can't remember what they did do (other than Drafted) and it was only a couple of hours ago Embarrassed 

It did seem a bit shorter, but that may be just me. I was glad it was a different setlist, but I still think it's a damn shame there wasn't anything from Rajaz, but I'm biased as that's my joint favourite with Moonmadness.

It was interesting that Ton Scherpenzeel used a few different synth timbres to Guy Leblanc. I think I'd a slightly better view of that side of the stage and boy can he play!
I ljuset från min lykta
ser jag skuggan utav sorg
drömmar som har slocknat
ifrån ett liv som haft sin tid          
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 14:41
This is a post I made back in October in the 'Camel have re-recorded The Snow Goose' thread: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=95510&PID=4873139#4873139

Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

I would imagine that after all the emotions that Andy and everyone around him have gone through over the last six years he might well have the most amazing album of his whole career locked up inside him. I would also imagine that he his going to gauge public reaction to the forthcoming comeback tour before expending any energy in bringing whatever new material he may have in him to fruition.
Whatever transpires, it is just fantastic after the awful prognosis he was given in the early stages of his illness, that he is still with us at all - never mind re-recording and performing the Snow Goose to a live audience again.
Camel went through a good few dark phases over the course of their history, and emerged from each and every one of them even stronger than before...Let's hope history repeats itself again, eh? Smile

I just came across this interview with Andy by someone called Thodoris from December 2013, posted in English on a Greek website: http://www.hit-channel.com/interviewandy-latimer-camel/55489. This site is not actually rated by my Internet security software, so I can't vouch for its integrity (Thanos or Apostolis may know more) but here is what he apparently said regarding a new album:

How close is the next studio album of Camel?

"I‘m not sure when we will do it, because what happens is that we are going to tour again in March. I’m working on the material now for the next album. I ‘ve quite a lot of stuff written already but I use to take a long time anyway before I release something. We are going to tour. I think we maybe do some shows in the summer –I’m not sure about that- but if we do then that could put the new album back. So, I think the new album won’t be ready until the end of summer. It depends on whether we tour. If we tour a lot and do a lot of shows, then obviously the recording in the new album will be put back a bit."

Did you write the new songs on piano or on guitar? I know you used to write on piano a lot.

"Yes. I did both, you know. I write a little bit on piano. I try to write more on guitar these days because I think the compositions hold together a lot better if I’m playing a guitar part. Or sometimes I write on piano if a part deserves it, if there wouldn’t be any guitar on it (laughs). So, I tend to try a lot more on guitar now."

Interesting... Smile

Edited by yam yam - March 10 2014 at 14:43
Jon_t View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 13:10
If anyone is interested I have just posted a full track on you tube from the Warrington Gig 13.03.2014, and the band was on top form and played to a near full house of about 800.It was a great night and Andy was superb as were the rest of the band. use the best setting for best quality, but from it I am sure you can see how good they were on the night

For Today the main set closer-full track -enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B80PTQNCOc

Edited by Jon_t - March 15 2014 at 13:13
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 16:50
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

I must find an excuse to be in Lisbon on March 16th. I go there for work every three months Lamp

Lisbon has work?

I must tell my family not to sell the house, then!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2014 at 17:13
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

I must find an excuse to be in Lisbon on March 16th. I go there for work every three months Lamp

Lisbon has work?

I must tell my family not to sell the house, then!
Not so much really, but I'm from Italy so even Lisbon looks good. Anyway, the 16th is a Sunday and nobody would believe in a working travel Embarrassed.  I'm in Twickenham, UK on the 18th. I'll have to stick with some pub. 
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Jon_t View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 03:56
Originally posted by Jon_t Jon_t wrote:

If anyone is interested I have just posted a full track on you tube from the Warrington Gig 13.03.2014, and the band was on top form and played to a near full house of about 800.It was a great night and Andy was superb as were the rest of the band. use the best setting for best quality, but from it I am sure you can see how good they were on the night

For Today the main set closer-full track -enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B80PTQNCOc

Later tonight when it has uploaded I will also be posting the full encore of Lady Fantasy if anyone wants to take a look

check it out here

Another of my Video -The encore Lady Fantasy available here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt7g0iiTjP8

Edited by Jon_t - March 16 2014 at 14:42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12