Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Schulze & Schickert 1975 Sessions finally released
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSchulze & Schickert 1975 Sessions finally released

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Schulze & Schickert 1975 Sessions finally released
    Posted: November 18 2013 at 05:55
I've known about these sessions for a long time now, but I never got my hopes up that they indeed some miraculous day would come to see the light of day. Anybody who is into Klaus Schulze knows that he's got tapes and never heard before material up the wazoo, and while most of these are funnelled into his series La Vie Electronique, this one has got it's own pressing. Günther Schickert is of course the man behind the Krautrock band GAM - add to that, he's also crafted some seriously adventurous solo albums, where he made a niche sound for himself with his ever echoing guitar pickings that seem to go on for days on end like electronic ripples.

Here's a link to Schulze's homepage: http://www.klaus-schulze.com/disco/4b31sc.htm

I for one am extremely excited about this news and have already ordered myself a copy (damn, had hoped that I could lay off the album purchasing until next year....so much for that plan). This could very well turn out to be a long lost Schulze album from his prime - that is matched together with Schickert's eccentricities. Man I can't wait!

Edited by Guldbamsen - November 18 2013 at 07:05
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Bonnek View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2013 at 14:26

Must be his 160-th CD of material. Yihaa! Smile
Checked some of this on youtube, will be a no-brainer!
Neu!mann View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2013 at 07:55
David: thanks for brightening a chilly November morning with this welcome news...I too have heard part of these sessions on YouTube, but having a full, legitimate release is something to look forward to, especially when approaching another long winter (it sounds like good Music for Hibernation, if you don't mind a little uneasy dreaming)

I noticed (on Amazon) that a Deluxe Edition is also available, but I can't find any details to explain its deluxe-ness...
"we can change the world without anyone noticing the difference" - Franco Falsini
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2013 at 08:07
Hi Michael - it's been a while. Hope you're doing good.

As far as I've been able to gather, there will be two versions of these recordings. One is on vinyl where you only get the full 45 minute track with Schulze and Schickert, whereas the cd release sports two bonus tracks that I suspect are Schulze solo.
Either way, both versions contain the wonderful cover art painting by Schickert:

Here's a little snippet from the album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX7UkBtrQtE

Edited by Guldbamsen - November 19 2013 at 08:24
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2013 at 18:22
I had heard about them collaborating but I thought it was something they did recently. I am very interested now that I see it's from 1975.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
antonyus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 01:24
fantastic news!!!
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2013 at 11:32
As if I needed to buy anymore music!  Curse you Klaus Schulze and your wonderful music!!  LOLThumbs Up

Edited by infandous - November 25 2013 at 11:33
 Post Reply Post Reply