Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMoody Blues cruise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moody Blues cruise
    Posted: February 14 2014 at 01:57
Carl Palmer mentioned this last night on Planet Rock radio. Apparently he will have an exhibition of his 'art' on the cruise something he has got into in recent years. I didn't really cattch exactly what this is although I assume its pictures.

BTW he also confirmed ELP is no more and that it was his decision
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2013 at 08:43
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

This happened last year too, and, while not as progressive as prog nation or Cruise to the Edge, still has its fair share of prog bands.  It's supposedly modelled on the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival, how I don't know

Among the artists are Moody Blues Carl Palmer, Zombies, Strawbs (who will also be on Cruise to the Edge), Glass Hammer

I find these cruises of older bands (or bands with older audiences)  an interesting and entirely logical phenomena given the demographic having more income and more inclined towards cruising than younger less well heeled listeners.  However, although I am certainly in that demographic, I remain uninterested in cruises, even ones with good music.  I'm too afraid of norovirus or just plain seasickness, plus being stuck on a boat with limited options except those available on the boat  Sleepy
And of course you prefer to cruise with Marjana from iamthemornig much more than to cruise with Mr Palmer.

Edited by Svetonio - November 28 2013 at 08:44
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2013 at 14:38
This happened last year too, and, while not as progressive as prog nation or Cruise to the Edge, still has its fair share of prog bands.  It's supposedly modelled on the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival, how I don't know

Among the artists are Moody Blues Carl Palmer, Zombies, Strawbs (who will also be on Cruise to the Edge), Glass Hammer

I find these cruises of older bands (or bands with older audiences)  an interesting and entirely logical phenomena given the demographic having more income and more inclined towards cruising than younger less well heeled listeners.  However, although I am certainly in that demographic, I remain uninterested in cruises, even ones with good music.  I'm too afraid of norovirus or just plain seasickness, plus being stuck on a boat with limited options except those available on the boat  Sleepy

Edited by kenethlevine - November 27 2013 at 14:39
 Post Reply Post Reply