Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 312>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 11:40
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Ha!! All the Marillion albums are done with impeccable mastering for vinyl, especially Marbles and Brave, the SQ is brilliant.
I am hoping their new album, which I have already funded, is special....I enjoy Marillion a lot.

Those are some great looking albums! I really wish I was able to get more from the record stores I visited in Barcelona, there was some really interesting stuff. As I said I only found one store that did international shipping and the guy packaged my stuff before we left the store, nothing really obscure although I did take one album, can;t remember the name right now Confused that I had never seen before, it was used but was interesting. The others I bought because I would have to get them from Europe anyways.....

I have all of Riverside's albums except the new one, they are all fantastic, excellent quality and the mastering to vinyl is done super well, they are by Inside Out Music, pressed in UK. You are right, all of Riverside's albums are out of print now and on the secondary market are very expensive, as they should be.
Kscope also does an outstanding job with vinyl, everything I have from them is really nice.
I remember you showed your video of a Marillion album, I don't think it was one of these (it started only with vocals if I'm not mistaken), but it was really impressive Thumbs Up I should listen to Brave, it's one of the top PA albums from my birth year Tongue

I agree, the cover's cardboard is quite flimsy though Ermm
Let me know what's the obscure album, I'm curious to know what it is Big smile Good to know about all those stores in Barcelona, I only visited one Spanish town (I barely know my own country Embarrassed). I was thinking about attending to this Prog festival this year, but I couldn't go:

I have the first Spock's Beard album from that label and it sounds great. I still haven't played that one on my new TT ErmmWink I guess everyone who bought them don't want to sell them... they should reissue those albums.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 10:28
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Those LZ reissues look fantastic José! Is there any track that sounds especially good? Smile
Thanks for reminding me of Recordings. I just heard it for the first time and it's really special stuff Thumbs Up
Yes Sam, quite a few....specifically on Presence "Nobody's Fault But Mine" is so killer! It has a big beefy sound that I have mentioned before on these LZ reissues, really brings back that nice big analog vinyl sound of the 70's......I really should try and make a video with my phone so you can hear partly what I hear with these.
I turned it up pretty loud during that session...It was fun! That song has some nice quiet transition parts that are clean and smooooth Big smile Of course what can you say about "Achilles Last Stand" and the surprise track is "Royal Orleans", a very funky heavy track..

The drum track on NFBM is kick-ass, actually Bonzo just shines on that whole record; Jimmy's production is particularly good (which is saying a lot).

You speak the truth......Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 10:23

I finally got my order from the Danish label El Paraiso last week, lots of great Psych/Jazz/Electronic music

I started with this incredibly energetic 70's sounding psychedelic Jazz Rock album that has some obscure vibe that reminds of Soft Machine Big smile

And then two albums from Jakob Skřtt: highly percussive Electronic music, that reminds of Heldon and Zombi Thumbs Up I still have a couple of LP's from that order.

To finish this last week, Riverside's concert was incredible, but not so good vinyl-wise:

They only had this one on vinyl. I think there are no Riverside LP's out there, the few copies on Discogs are unbelievably expensive. This album is really great if no Metal is expected of it. It's dark, quite electronic and hypnotic. The mood kind of reminds me of Grace For Drowning. It's the first Kscope LP I have, the quality is really good Thumbs Up

Those are some great looking albums! I really wish I was able to get more from the record stores I visited in Barcelona, there was some really interesting stuff. As I said I only found one store that did international shipping and the guy packaged my stuff before we left the store, nothing really obscure although I did take one album, can;t remember the name right now Confused that I had never seen before, it was used but was interesting. The others I bought because I would have to get them from Europe anyways.....

I have all of Riverside's albums except the new one, they are all fantastic, excellent quality and the mastering to vinyl is done super well, they are by Inside Out Music, pressed in UK. You are right, all of Riverside's albums are out of print now and on the secondary market are very expensive, as they should be.
Kscope also does an outstanding job with vinyl, everything I have from them is really nice.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2015 at 10:17

^ Did you lose your marbles when you listened to it? Big smile I still have to check a lot of their albums, I'm waiting for my next Neo-Prog craze Tongue

Ha!! All the Marillion albums are done with impeccable mastering for vinyl, especially Marbles and Brave, the SQ is brilliant.
I am hoping their new album, which I have already funded, is special....I enjoy Marillion a lot.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 19:12

Those LZ reissues look fantastic José! Is there any track that sounds especially good? Smile
Thanks for reminding me of Recordings. I just heard it for the first time and it's really special stuff Thumbs Up
Yes Sam, quite a few....specifically on Presence "Nobody's Fault But Mine" is so killer! It has a big beefy sound that I have mentioned before on these LZ reissues, really brings back that nice big analog vinyl sound of the 70's......I really should try and make a video with my phone so you can hear partly what I hear with these.
I turned it up pretty loud during that session...It was fun! That song has some nice quiet transition parts that are clean and smooooth Big smile Of course what can you say about "Achilles Last Stand" and the surprise track is "Royal Orleans", a very funky heavy track..

The drum track on NFBM is kick-ass, actually Bonzo just shines on that whole record; Jimmy's production is particularly good (which is saying a lot).

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 17:07
I finally got my order from the Danish label El Paraiso last week, lots of great Psych/Jazz/Electronic music

I started with this incredibly energetic 70's sounding psychedelic Jazz Rock album that has some obscure vibe that reminds of Soft Machine Big smile

And then two albums from Jakob Skřtt: highly percussive Electronic music, that reminds of Heldon and Zombi Thumbs Up I still have a couple of LP's from that order.

To finish this last week, Riverside's concert was incredible, but not so good vinyl-wise:

They only had this one on vinyl. I think there are no Riverside LP's out there, the few copies on Discogs are unbelievably expensive. This album is really great if no Metal is expected of it. It's dark, quite electronic and hypnotic. The mood kind of reminds me of Grace For Drowning. It's the first Kscope LP I have, the quality is really good Thumbs Up
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 16:51
^ Did you lose your marbles when you listened to it? Big smile I still have to check a lot of their albums, I'm waiting for my next Neo-Prog craze Tongue
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 12:14
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 11:51
Thanks! Smile They are on my wish list, but when I go to the local store I always find something great I don't have in any format Tongue They seem to double the size of the vinyl section every year Wink

Edited by Meltdowner - November 03 2015 at 11:52
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 11:41
^ This weekend I will do a video with my phone and see how that works, hopefully gives you an idea and will inspire you to put those albums on your wish list. Big smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 09:58
That track has indeed some great sounding drums on foreground and that sweet guitar tone. It sounds really flat on CD though, good to know it's way better on vinyl. That would be nice Thumbs Up

There is no other way to listen to them Wink I really like these tracks too.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 09:44

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2015 at 09:16
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2015 at 21:22
^ It was (is) always a fav of mine, there is some really good music and writing in this one......screw everyone else.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2015 at 21:08

Latest LZ purchases, as the others these are very well done and pressed by Pallas, superb job literally no surface noise.

This is such an elegant record, a departure for them that worked beautifully, shamefully scorned by fans.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2015 at 20:42
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2015 at 17:18
Latest LZ purchases, as the others these are very well done and pressed by Pallas, superb job literally no surface noise.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2015 at 15:44
Zeppelin is part of my early metal days history, they are essential to my collection.....I have moments with Zeppelin.
Plus these new vinyl versions just bring back the nice big beefy analog days of yesteryear Smile

Edited by Catcher10 - November 01 2015 at 15:45
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2015 at 14:14
I used to have most Zep albums, now I'm just down to III and Prescence. I don't really care for them much these days.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2015 at 14:10

I just bought the last two Zeppelin albums, Presence and In Through the Outdoor. ITTOd was one of my favs, I love Fool In the Rain and Carouselambra...In the Evening has that Houses of the Holy feel to it. I never connected much with Coda, the very last Zepp album, although I will buy the new vinyl reissue to complete my Zeppelin set. 
Yep, these are great tracks. Hot Dog is skippable though Tongue Probably most fans prefer the guitar-led songs than keyboard but I really like their sound on that one, it kind of reminds me of Neo Prog sometimes Smile I never listened to Coda much, since it's not a studio album Ermm I was going to buy their first album on vinyl the other day but I found "On An Island", which was prioritary Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 312>