Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 312>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 15:31
^ Nice find! My father has the "Down Under" single in his collection, I used to play that one a lot Tongue

I always laugh when someone mentions News of the World:
http://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-6de637b661b73cfd2d6a24ea84e8d6a8?convert_to_webp=true
Really funny episode LOL

Edited by Meltdowner - February 16 2015 at 15:44
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 14:45

Friday night finds in Seattle......after Valentine's Dinner wife and I walked into Zions Gate Records in Seattle about 9pm. Very cool pace, bins are full of vinyl barely room to flip. They need to run a sale!

This store caters to very heavy death, grind, black metal records and hip hop rap. My wife found two she wanted.....Men At Work-Business As Usual and Queen-News Of the World. The Queen is new in wrapper, the MAW was used but in fantastic condition for $6, cleaned it up plays with nare a peep of surface noise.

Good stuff.....

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 14:10
I normally don't listen to full Blues Rock albums, but I occasionally return to Steve Ray Vaughan's Texas Flood Thumbs Up
I like playing both rhythm and lead guitar, I get bored when I play too much of one. I've been practicing a bit of flamenco lately, but nothing very serious Tongue
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 13:46
^^ I understand what you're saying.
In my case, I have a long history with blues based rock music and specifically the guitarists that play that style.
If I'm in the right mood I could listen to it all afternoon. The British blues movement (Crusade) caused me to
move on from rhythm to lead guitar.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 13:40
I only know his work with Black Country Communion, and it's really good, although I was never able to finish any album: I think more than one hour is too much for that kind of music Confused
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 09:30
                                                  Joe Bonamassa with his collection
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 09:26
^^I've seen parts of it several times over the last couple of months. He is an amazing blues/rock guitarist
who was part of Black Country Communion with Glenn Hughes and Jason Bonham.
Bonamassa's playing is definitely equal to the late blues guitarist Gary Moore.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2015 at 01:49
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

I know it's not vinyl but I just ordered this today.
The eight DVD box set of Joe Bonamassa Tour De Force - Live In London  from KCET.

I've seen pcs of that concert on public TV, he's a fine guitar player.
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 14:56
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

^ Yes I saw that too......Are seashells worth more than clams?

Depends on how much you have to shell out :)
Thank you, Fripp, for our daily Prog (Red 39:54)
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 12:33
I know it's not vinyl but I just ordered this today.
The eight DVD box set of Joe Bonamassa Tour De Force - Live In London  from KCET.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 12:20
^ Yes I saw that too......Are seashells worth more than clams?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 07:58

Darla Records in Calif....Very reasonable pricing. Darla.com 

Thanks; $24.00 is not bad at all. On Amazon someone was trying to get 60+ seashells for it. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 07:44
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ Wot ?? You don't like Telephone ?? Pure bliss-fest........
 I do like the red telephone booth on the jacket. If it were a little larger, a tad bluer and had a lunatic inside- and a strobe light atop it, it could pass for the Tardis. 

Edited by Argonaught - February 15 2015 at 07:50
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 00:36
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

Read a review on this album few weeks ago and decided to get it, came in the mail today. In advance of my thoughts, I have played this 2-LP album 3x already....so. 
Where did you buy it, though?

Darla Records in Calif....Very reasonable pricing.

Darla.com
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 23:06
^ Wot ?? You don't like Telephone ?? Pure bliss-fest........
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 22:47
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I never listened to Lifesigns, I only know Beggs' work with Steven Wilson, which I really like. I'll have to check it out Thumbs Up 
The sound is pretty nice, but the drumming is very rock-like (this Frosty person just beats the rhythm), and 4 out of 5 songs are lazily composed, heavy-ish symph-ish pop, only the Carousel has a distinctive prog pedigree to it.  IMO. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 22:43

Read a review on this album few weeks ago and decided to get it, came in the mail today. In advance of my thoughts, I have played this 2-LP album 3x already....so. 
Where did you buy it, though?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 19:56
That album seems like a nice experience José, I'm very curious to hear Smile

I never listened to Lifesigns, I only know Beggs' work with Steven Wilson, which I really like. I'll have to check it out Thumbs Up
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 19:44
Beggs is one of many of the 80's 'New-Wavers' that has come a long way musically. Mastelotto is another that springs to mind.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 19:37
^ I have the CD...Lifesigns is very good stuff! Love Beggs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 216217218219220 312>