Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 312>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2023 at 14:16
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Currently purchased and awaiting delivery...

It seems like you only write the cat#s on the list of your collection and not the release year?
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2023 at 13:46

How did you find my referring to you in the Your Preference for Reference thread, Catcher?
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2023 at 19:35
Currently purchased and awaiting delivery...
3 - Power Of Three GHS 24181 ($12)
Kansas - Point Of Know Return PZ 34929 ($17)
Brand X - Masques 9211-1138 ($20)
Gentle Giant - Three Friends KC 31649 ($70)
Pete Sinfield - Still MC 66667 ($30)
Rick Wakeman - No Earthly Connection SP-4583 ($12)
Triumvirat - Pompeii ST-11697 ($16)

Edited by JD - March 20 2023 at 19:35
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2023 at 19:33
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

^ Damn, I still get a chubby every time I see that turntable.

I walked around with one for too long after seeing one in person at an audio store......Kept my eye out for a deal and "good things come to those that wait...".

There is little comparison to what I experienced before and the Music Hall I had was pretty darn good. If your happy with the table then focus on putting money in a better cartridge and phono preamp...If you can focus on a MC cart, I'll never go back.
What is your TT again?
I was running a Hitachi PS-12, but I think the spindle bearing has a flat spot so I set up my backup Sansui SR-222. Since both have the same bayonet mount head shell I just switch the Hitachi head over so I'm still using the Shure M97HE (MM) cart.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2023 at 17:33
Finally on order from LasersEdge.....my fav TFK album
Flower Kings, the - Adam &amp; Eve (Re-issue 2023), 15,90 €
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 17:47

Ahh, yes I remember that one but then certain people on that one got their panties all in a wad because of a certain opinion on a list...LOL
Bunch of whiny bit*ches on this site Clap 

LOL   

I don't understand all the bothering in this case either, but there're some continuing problems.

Edited by David_D - March 17 2023 at 18:05
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 17:24

I walked around with one for too long after seeing one in person at an audio store......Kept my eye out for a deal and "good things come to those that wait...".

There is little comparison to what I experienced before and the Music Hall I had was pretty darn good. If your happy with the table then focus on putting money in a better cartridge and phono preamp...If you can focus on a MC cart, I'll never go back.
What is your TT again?
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 15:17
Originally posted by David_D David_D wrote:

How popular is FM in Canada?
Way more popular than AM, that's for sure !

Are we talking radio? Big smile

You mean Radiohead?

LOL   Are you making fun or what? We were talking about the Canadian band FM, and what AM did you mean?

Edited by David_D - March 17 2023 at 16:35
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 13:18
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 11:43
This LP is one of my all time fav albums ever! EW&F is partly to blame for me getting into progressive rock music. I originally got into music via funk/R&B in the early 70's, mainly EW&F, Parliament and Funkadelic. How these bands IMO, experimented with their music was captivating to this pre-teen kid. And they each had long songs, around 6-8 min and of course Maggot Brain at 10 min. That exposure made me really like longer pcs of music, again leading me to explore progressive rock music. I was slowly getting into rock/hard rock as well.
I played this album all the time, listened to it at night with head phones and growing up in a more ethnic neighborhood, this album was all over the place as well at all our school dances/parties.

Playing my EW&F albums is very nostalgic for me as well still seeing them live in concert.......

Edited by Catcher10 - March 17 2023 at 11:45
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 11:34

So it was quite okay with you, Catcher, when I put Rush on my list for a Prog starter kit? 
Not sure what that is?? Confused

The Prog Archives Starter Kit , page 2 in the middle, second version of my list

Ahh, yes I remember that one but then certain people on that one got their panties all in a wad because of a certain opinion on a list...LOL
Bunch of whiny bit*ches on this site Clap 
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 11:24
You mean Radiohead?
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 10:46

Are we talking radio? Big smile

David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 10:43

So it was quite okay with you, Catcher, when I put Rush on my list for a Prog starter kit? 

The Prog Archives Starter Kit , page 2 in the middle, second version of my list

Edited by David_D - March 17 2023 at 10:55
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 10:25

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 09:42

David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2023 at 09:41

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 16:01

^Nicely put.
And on behalf of all Canadians...you're welcome ! Wink

You should be proud of that contribution to the musical arts arena.....All the Rush vinyl, CDs, Cassettes, VHS, DVD, BRD, merch, etc I have bought over the past 40 yrs has kept Canada from going bankrupt LOL
You could have just said Bobble heads. LOL

true....they have beer now. I am sure that will keep the Great White North out of debt for like ever!!

LOL
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 15:57

David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2023 at 15:02

Do you know the Canadian Prog band FM, JD?
Of course, I also have some solo Nash the Slash albums. And back in the late 70's I bought The Crazy World of Arthur Brown's ST album from Nash's brother who owned a record store in my hometown.
I think I have City of Fear on LP and Black Noise on CD.

I got Direct to Disc / Headroom about 20 years ago, as it was, yes, a direct-to-disc recording.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 312>