Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 312>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2020 at 13:37
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Santa Claus treated me nice............

The Pineapple Thief~Tightly Unwound
Marillion~With Friends From the Orchestra (Red vinyl)
Jethro Tull~TAAB (Steven Wilson Remix)
From the Blue Note 80 Series
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers~Indestructible!
Freddie Hubbard~Open Sesame

Rush~Wandering the Face Of the Earth, Complete Touring History Book 1968-2015
**This is an amazing book, not only lists all the known concert dates but has amazing notes/comments from most of the dates by the band, roadies, venue owners and other bands**

Nice Josè

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2020 at 12:27
Santa Claus treated me nice............

The Pineapple Thief~Tightly Unwound
Marillion~With Friends From the Orchestra (Red vinyl)
Jethro Tull~TAAB (Steven Wilson Remix)
From the Blue Note 80 Series
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers~Indestructible!
Freddie Hubbard~Open Sesame

Rush~Wandering the Face Of the Earth, Complete Touring History Book 1968-2015
**This is an amazing book, not only lists all the known concert dates but has amazing notes/comments from most of the dates by the band, roadies, venue owners and other bands**

Edited by Catcher10 - January 01 2020 at 12:28
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2019 at 11:16
Also the got the recent land of grey and pink reissue by caravan. Sounds phenomenal
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2019 at 09:53
Santa was good this year:

A Silver Mt. Zion - "He Has Left Us Alone But shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms"
King Crimson - "Live at the Orpheum (The Elements Tour 2014)"
Television - "Marquee Moon" double set with one disc full of alternate versions and outtakes on blue vinyl.
Deep Purple - "Machine Head" remastered
Temple of the Dog - "Temple of the Dog"
Pink Floyd - "Division Bell" 2x LP on blue vinyl.  (Previously the only Pink Floyd studio LP missing from my vinyl collection)

dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2019 at 08:40

Santa Came!
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2019 at 11:07

Originally posted by TCat TCat wrote:

A great day at the flea market.  BB King "The King's Blues Box"  Red, White and Blue vinyl with 4 postcards and booklet.  Plus three great reissues on vinyl: BB King "The Blues", Frank Zappa "Lumpy Gravy" and Nirvana "Bleach".

Ok that's pretty sweet!! Who pressed/issued the BB King records? I might have to gift that to myself also!!! Clap

On the box set the label is Stardust Records (division of Cleopatra Records).  The barcode is 889466001116.  The issue number is CLO 0011.  Sides D, E, and F are live recordings in Cannes, France. 

"The Blues" album is issued by WaxTime Records and it has 4 bonus tracks, 2 on the end of each side.  The barcode number is 8436559460194, issue number is 772113.  It's on 180 gram vinyl and was re-issued in 2016.

Perfect I'll look them up.......I'm buying the new Blue Note issues specifically the Blue Note 80 series as those are pressed by Optimal Media. They are all analog from original master tapes mastered by Kevin Gray, right now BN is offering 30% off. These albums sound spectacular, just ordered 2 more by Art Blakey and Freddie Hubbard.

Nice!  I definitely will check those out.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2019 at 15:30

A great day at the flea market.  BB King "The King's Blues Box"  Red, White and Blue vinyl with 4 postcards and booklet.  Plus three great reissues on vinyl: BB King "The Blues", Frank Zappa "Lumpy Gravy" and Nirvana "Bleach".

Ok that's pretty sweet!! Who pressed/issued the BB King records? I might have to gift that to myself also!!! Clap

On the box set the label is Stardust Records (division of Cleopatra Records).  The barcode is 889466001116.  The issue number is CLO 0011.  Sides D, E, and F are live recordings in Cannes, France. 

"The Blues" album is issued by WaxTime Records and it has 4 bonus tracks, 2 on the end of each side.  The barcode number is 8436559460194, issue number is 772113.  It's on 180 gram vinyl and was re-issued in 2016.

Perfect I'll look them up.......I'm buying the new Blue Note issues specifically the Blue Note 80 series as those are pressed by Optimal Media. They are all analog from original master tapes mastered by Kevin Gray, right now BN is offering 30% off. These albums sound spectacular, just ordered 2 more by Art Blakey and Freddie Hubbard.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2019 at 19:41

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2019 at 18:30

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2019 at 18:28

Also arrived........a present to myself! LOL

What an awesome present.  What do I have to do to get on your "present giving" list?

LOL

You made me 'raff LOL LOLClap
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 15:02

Edited by TCat - December 06 2019 at 15:03

TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 14:30

What an awesome present.  What do I have to do to get on your "present giving" list?

LOL

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 14:17

Edited by Catcher10 - December 06 2019 at 14:20
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 14:14
Arrived today from across the pond.........LP1 is red, LP2 is blue

Pressed by Optimal Media GmbH......brilliant sound quality, mixed by Michael Hunter.

Edited by Catcher10 - December 06 2019 at 14:15
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 03:22

^ Sam, cannot believe you bought CDs!! Shocked LOL

Looks like a nice haul
LOL One of the CD's was Banco's "Io Sono Nato Libero", I've been wanting that for a long time. It's a non-remastered early 90's reissue. It sounds really great. It's the only I heard so far since I didn't have to clean it first LOL

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Great haul, Sam....Ange's `Caricatures' alone is a f**king mad score!  
Yeah, I'm particularly proud of my French Prog finds Big smile That Laurent Thibault LP starts at 50€ on Discogs and I got it for 15.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 00:44
Great haul, Sam....Ange's `Caricatures' alone is a f**king mad score!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 00:19
^ Sam, cannot believe you bought CDs!! Shocked LOL

Looks like a nice haul
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 07:12
It's been a while since I last posted here, although I didn't buy many records this year. Last week was the exception though, I went to France and Germany on vacation and returned with a luggage full of LP's (and some CD's). Most of them were really cheap, I even bought some to replace my copies.

Sgt Pepper View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Pepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2019 at 02:42
This is one fantastic album. Chasing The Monsoon-No Ordinary World

Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2019 at 07:12
Got the Swedish version of the new Opeth album (can you tell it's the Swedish version?LOL), plus Sasami's solo debut (pretty adventurous shoegazy rock album).

Edited by Prog Sothoth - November 26 2019 at 07:12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 312>