Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2014 at 16:22
Originally posted by Hawkwise Hawkwise wrote:

Arrived yesterday , Best Gong albums since Gazouse ?  i would say so loving it !!

Oooooo...Ahhhhhh....very nice hawk!
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2014 at 19:42
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Correct B sides, but of PT recordings not SW recordings 
Ah but come on, PT initially was one of the aliases of Wilson - one among a good dozen other ones. Each of his aliases was supposed to act as an identifier of the musical style/segment Wilson was exploring at the time. 

Besides, even when PT shaped into a more or less established band, it was still Wilson's project and nobody else's. As we know, when Wilson "hesmovedon", PT promptly became history 

[QUOTE=Catcher10] That cartridge is a Nagaoka MP-200, I love Nag carts. Probably the best MM cartridge for the money, they are very warm carts and surface noise killers as well as insanely accurate trackers.
My current cartridge is a Audio Technica ATOC9ML/II which is a MC cartridge.
Report complete Big smile 
Thank you, kind sir, a very thorough dissertation indeed. A side note: you live a life or grand opulence Wink I feel like trash because I have never had a cart for more than $250.00-something. 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2014 at 20:25
Not much praise for Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape. I think it's quite decent.....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 04:25
^ I do have quite a bit of appreciation for Wilson's early stuff, but I do not classify most of it as music proper*. I perceive it largely as sonic experimentations. From my prospective, he didn't kick into high gear musically until after the Lightbulb Sun. I have a couple of CDs (somewhere .. I am sure .. ) from the pre-Harrison era, but I treat them more like a curiosity. 

* music would be: Viljans Öga, Symphonie Fantastique, the Snow Goose, the Maiden Voyage, the Nutcracker, a lot of contemporary jazz, and some select stuff from Dvorak, Yes,  Gerschwin, McCartney, Chick Corea, Jobim, Scriabin, Saint-Saens, Ms. Uehara, Liadov, Oregon, Stivin, Wakeman ... a vast ocean of joy Thumbs Up
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 05:06
^ Guitar-wise I think their earlier music is much more interesting. Compared to other psychedelic/krauty acts it's also very good.

My interest in them drops after Lightbulb Sun LOL

Edited by Meltdowner - November 22 2014 at 05:09
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 07:08
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

<span style="line-height: 18.2000007629395px;">
Originally posted by Daysbetween Daysbetween wrote:

Currently listening to an oldie - still love 'Crown of Thorns' from this album which was always superb live.</span><span style="line-height: 18.2000007629395px;">
</span><div style="line-height: 18.2000007629395px;">
<div style="line-height: 18.2000007629395px;">Is this a real aloe cactus in the background or a picture? (or a digital oneGeek?)

It's a real plant and seed grown. Cacti and succulents grow very slowly in Scotland as our skies are usually dull and grey.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 07:12

Arrived yesterday , Best Gong albums since Gazouse ?  i would say so loving it !!

My pre-ordered copy has not arrived yet so I guess it has been released earlier on vinyl in Canada compared to Europe.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 07:21

It's a real plant and seed grown. Cacti and succulents grow very slowly in Scotland as our skies are usually dull and grey.

Grey like this? A special PA bonus point if you figure out where this is:

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 07:41
^ Loch Lomond ??
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 09:57

Grey like this? A special PA bonus point if you figure out where this is:

Looks like Rannoch Moor but not sure with all the tops in the clouds.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 10:00
No vinyl for me this weekend as I am away from home and surfing on the pad but I am trawling ebay for some nice vinyl to purchase.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 14:36

No vinyl for me this weekend as I am away from home and surfing on the pad but I am trawling ebay for some nice vinyl to purchase.

Make sure and buy me some too.....LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 14:53

Correct B sides, but of PT recordings not SW recordings 
Ah but come on, PT initially was one of the aliases of Wilson - one among a good dozen other ones. Each of his aliases was supposed to act as an identifier of the musical style/segment Wilson was exploring at the time. 

Besides, even when PT shaped into a more or less established band, it was still Wilson's project and nobody else's. As we know, when Wilson "hesmovedon", PT promptly became history 

Some truth there, for sure it is a project band up to about Signify, then they started to meld and become a "band". For me when the music has that PF atmospheric spacey, psych feel to it, for sure it is Wilson music..He is very eclectic, just take a listen to his compilation Cover Versions recently issued. His next "covers" is supposedly all electronic music, I doubt I get that one, I think it is like his Continuum project of drone type music, I don't care/like that stuff, not to spend money on vinyl.

I do hope at some point he restarts PT...I really miss Gavin Harrison playing that kind of music. Cry

[QUOTE=Catcher10] That cartridge is a Nagaoka MP-200, I love Nag carts. Probably the best MM cartridge for the money, they are very warm carts and surface noise killers as well as insanely accurate trackers.
My current cartridge is a Audio Technica ATOC9ML/II which is a MC cartridge.
Report complete Big smile 
Thank you, kind sir, a very thorough dissertation indeed. A side note: you live a life or grand opulence Wink I feel like trash because I have never had a cart for more than $250.00-something. 

I wish...grand opulence LOL....If that were the case I would have a 4 figure cartridge. Its a hobby, so like any other hobby you have to save up, since it really is not part of your house/family budget. I just tell family members not to buy me clothes or krapp for Christmas or birthday's, just give me the money...Then I add some and voila! I get what I really want.

The AT OC9 is actually a superb value right now, it gets you into the high-end MC world for not a lot of money...LPGear.com still has them for like $380.00, its a $700 cartridge when they first came out, granted that was 5-6yrs ago. Stylus should last about 1200 hours (over a yr of listening at 3hrs/day) with regular vinyl cleaning maintenance and VG used vinyl, no $0.50 yard sale finds though. But with MC carts you need a step up transformer or phono amp that can accept MC loading.

Its my way of enjoying what we all enjoy, listening to music....
GChen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GChen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 14:57
In reply to DAYSBETWEEN's POST
What was the official release date? I'm getting well cheesed off with The Endless River being put back back on a constant basis here in Oz, it's twice now and the store I pre-ordered mine from can't get a real answer from the distributer either so they're (the store) aren't even in the loop.

Cheers
G C

Edited by GChen - November 22 2014 at 14:59
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 15:08
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ Loch Lomond ??
Nah, that would be too, too easy Geek .. 

Looks like Rannoch Moor but not sure with all the tops in the clouds.

Wow! Hats off to Mr. Daysbetween, a man who knows his land. This is Loch Tulla. It is just a few miles from Rannoch Moor, on the road that goes to Glenn Coe. 

Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 17:15

My pre-ordered copy has not arrived yet so I guess it has been released earlier on vinyl in Canada compared to Europe.

Nope i pre ordered it from planetgong.co.uk  only took 6 days from Glastonbury to Ontario damn good going  i reckon had albums from amazon.ca take longer than that.

really loving this album just gets better with each spin , this really is a special record because it's more than likely Daevid's  last ever recording , he announced his retirement due to his on going health issue's  .

Vive la Gong !!  
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 18:00
[QUOTE=GChen] I'm getting well cheesed off with The Endless River being put back back on a constant basis here in Oz [/QUOTE]

It may be taking some extra time to adapt the album art for the idiosyncrasies of the Southern Hemisphere:

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 18:13
^
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2014 at 18:49
LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2014 at 06:23
Da Loot (100% prog-free). Jeff Beck's jacket is kaput, but the record is NM .. $0.50 .. wasn't going to leave it there. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 312>