Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 17:16
^ I do not own more than 8-10 albums by any cohesive entity, be it a band, or an umbrella collective like Impossible Ark crowd or "Chick Corea". 

Which makes me think that there is something in Hawkwind music that compels the listeners to uncontrollaby hoard it Wacko

(Happy Hawkwind Hoarders)
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 17:30

Someone care to comment about the audio fidelity of this TT? LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 17:50
^ "This video is not available in your country" (probably, too shocking)

but this one was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPWyTBUYolo

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 18:05
Unhappy

There's an idea to listen to music in a post-apocalyptic world LOL
There were some comments about gramophones: does anyone here has one of those?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 18:09
Originally posted by Daysbetween Daysbetween wrote:

I have a load of Hawkwind albums also - at least 40. First up tonight is another oldie.

I love that album!! Good choice..make sure you post your pic on that other "what your playing thread" that is full of digital stuff.......LOL Wink

BTW...do you like your stylus cleaner gel? I have been thinking of getting one of those, do you really just rinse it in the sink?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 18:11
Just pulled this one out....man it has been ages since spinning this. I remember when debut album came out, I was completely floored at the musicianship.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 18:24
^ Great album, I haven't listened to that one for some time (probably not as much as you Ermm). I saw one of those here, although the seller was asking for too much money. I prefer the debut though Smile
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2014 at 23:43
Originally posted by Hawkwise Hawkwise wrote:

( :   That's  not even all of them  LOLShocked
your HAWKWIND collection whips mine by about 9 albums.....
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 13:07
Hawkwise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 13:09
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Originally posted by Hawkwise Hawkwise wrote:

( :   That's  not even all of them  LOLShocked
your HAWKWIND collection whips mine by about 9 albums.....

Thats not all of them ,  that's an oldish photo have about 10 more that are not in the photo Shocked
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 16:35
From Pink Floyd's Facebook page:
"First week UK sales on vinyl of The Endless River were the highest of any LP released since 1997, making it the fastest-selling vinyl album this century, according to official UK Charts data." Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 17:41
^ Mr. Roger Waters, "engulfed in the fever of spite", must have bought a few thousand copies and burned them in his back yard. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2014 at 17:45
Or they were "dragged down by the stone" LOL
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 00:04
^ & ^^ ........
I dearly enjoy Gilmour's version of Floyd, but having said that, the ultimate dream would be to have Roger involved. I'm sure Rick was also a close friend of Rog, so, as good as Endless River is, I do believe had Roger participated, this could've been the true 'Album of the Decade'.......(even if we have 5 years to go.......).
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 03:42
^ Or they could not have anything done, because Roger would probably want to control the entire thing. Gilmour and Mason probably were tired of his attitude.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 04:27
^ I can relate to the sentiment, but ... No man can step twice into the same river, endless or otherwise. The only band Roger could have "returned to" productively would be the post-Barrett, pre-Wall PF. But, that band is water(s) under the bridge .. has been since well before 1984.  

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 05:03
^ Yes, well, we can all dream.......
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 10:30
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ & ^^ ........
I dearly enjoy Gilmour's version of Floyd, but having said that, the ultimate dream would be to have Roger involved. I'm sure Rick was also a close friend of Rog, so, as good as Endless River is, I do believe had Roger participated, this could've been the true 'Album of the Decade'.......(even if we have 5 years to go.......).

I struggle with this thought....especially reading the articles in the latest Prog magazine. There were references made by Rick and others where Roger wanted to kick Rick out early in the bands career, Roger thought he was not good enough seems.
I get the sense the tension between those two was intense all the time.

It's tough with that kind of history for me to "want" those 4 and now 3 to get back together and do something, Gilmour is correct, time for the Floyd to end.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 12:38
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

<<... Roger wanted to kick Rick out early in the bands career, Roger thought he was not good enough seems. ...>> 

Even a highly intellectual guy like Roger didn't understand his band's maths: in the proper PF, BAND = Roger x David x Rick x Nick ("x" in this equation means "multiplied by", not "kiss"), not Roger + a coupla lads.

Same, by the way, applies to any uniquely good band, like the Beatles. 

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2014 at 13:09
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

From Pink Floyd's Facebook page:
"First week UK sales on vinyl of The Endless River were the highest of any LP released since 1997, making it the fastest-selling vinyl album this century, according to official UK Charts data." Smile

Article from Prog online....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 312>