Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 01:42
Most of the vinyl, about 300 are on shelves to the right down the hall, another 200 are in those 2 boxes I posted before. The file cabinet holds CDs, vinyl cleaning supplies, audio gear manuals and extra cables and such. The two glass cabinets the bottom drawers hold all my reel-reel tapes and audio accessories....
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 01:47
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

What picture are you referring to, Argonaught?

How are you posting the pics to the site? The pics need to "live" on a server like photo bucket, flicker or the PA servers....If you delete the picture after posting it here, it will go away...

All my pics are on my photobucket account.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 02:07
I see what you're saying. I'll have to change my method of posting.
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 06:29
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

What picture are you referring to, Argonaught?
I can see it now, thanks. Last time I looked there was a thumbnail icon only. 
Walton Street View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walton Street Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 07:06
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

As promised, pics of my setup. I appreciate others showing theirs in previous posts. I am super pleased with this system I have put together...always looking at new gear though since this is a hobby. I have all formats covered...analog tape, CD, digital files and vinyl.
My desk is about 6m away from speakers, when I am deep into work, I usually spin a 10.5" reel or use my Zune player and shuffle play about 2,500 songs. My sofa is about 3m from my speakers where I sit and do serious listening on vinyl. It is a comfortable setup in my lower level, nobody disturbs me and the volume is not an issue.

sweet setup - I like that clean look ...

"I know one thing: that I know nothing"

- SpongeBob Socrates
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 16:42
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

At work I listen to aproximately 5 hours of music on streaming but it's not like listening to vinyl comfortably at home... although I would like to have a sofa, I already spend too much time sitting Tongue 
Resurrecting the Roman art of reclining Big smile
They sure knew how to live with style Wink

[QUOTE=Walton Street] and every other weekend I pick up my kid and that's 5 hours of driving to get him, 4 hours to get him back home.[QUOTE] 

Well, there are pros and contras to living in a huge country. Did you know that Canada is half the size of Pluto? 
What are the pros? (says the guy who lives in a small country Tongue)

Walton Street View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walton Street Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 16:52

[QUOTE=Walton Street] and every other weekend I pick up my kid and that's 5 hours of driving to get him, 4 hours to get him back home.[QUOTE] 

Well, there are pros and contras to living in a huge country. Did you know that Canada is half the size of Pluto? 

the Disney cartoon dog?

no way - we're way bigger than that
"I know one thing: that I know nothing"

- SpongeBob Socrates
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 18:34

What are the pros? (says the guy who lives in a small country Tongue 
. Well, for instance if you don't like the area you live in (e.g. women's armpits are not hairy enough), you can move to a radically different place without having to emigrate. Also, large countries are a lot harder to invade. Let's say a raiding party of Norsemen lands somewhere at Alert. They start marching South, but after a week or two they are only half way into Fripp-forsaken Nunavut .. no Molson, no moose burgers, no nothing. The Norsemen feel increasing tired, bored and frustrated, so they swallow their pride, go back to Alert, board their longships and sail to lovely Portugal instead.  
Thank you, Fripp, for our daily Prog (Red 39:54)
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 18:54

What are the pros? (says the guy who lives in a small country Tongue 
. Well, for instance if you don't like the area you live in (e.g. women's armpits are not hairy enough), you can move to a radically different place without having to emigrate. Also, large countries are a lot harder to invade. Let's say a raiding party of Norsemen lands somewhere at Alert. They start marching South, but after a week or two they are only half way into Fripp-forsaken Nunavut .. no Molson, no moose burgers, no nothing. The Norsemen feel increasing tired, bored and frustrated, so they swallow their pride, go back to Alert, board their longships and sail to lovely Portugal instead.  

How does this relate to Vinyl? I know Fripp makes vinyl.......
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 18:58
Technically it's emigrating, but now that I think about it I feel like the EU is a big country, we use the same currency, have many laws in common, open borders: there are the language differences in many countries though.
Nah, we would kick some Norsemen a$$ if they tried, just like we did with the Romans, Napolean armies and the Spanish (although we were Spanish for 60 years) Tongue
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 19:09
^^ I'm sorry for starting this off-topic conversation José Embarrassed

Where's the 'back to topic' emoticon?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 19:22
^ I am adding fuel to the fire......LOL Yea really, we need one of those back to topic thingy Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 19:40

^ He verily does, brother, and Steven Wilson is the beloved sound engineer of his.

Also, this thread has become a vinyl people's club of sorts, so all kind of cr@p is being shot here, and it's 120% legit Thumbs Up 
Thank you, Fripp, for our daily Prog (Red 39:54)
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 22:42

^ He verily does, brother, and Steven Wilson is the beloved sound engineer of his.

Also, this thread has become a vinyl people's club of sorts, so all kind of cr@p is being shot here, and it's 120% legit Thumbs Up 

No...180gram legit Clap LOL
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 23:02
What I think he meant was migrating from LP to CD.....
I've ordered a monster batch of vinyl from Greg W - dang gonna cost me nearly a grand........with the $120 shipping cost..........and no, I couldn't take a detour to Big Fork on my recent travels
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 23:20
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

What I think he meant was migrating from LP to CD.....
I've ordered a monster batch of vinyl from Greg W - dang gonna cost me nearly a grand........with the $120 shipping cost..........and no, I couldn't take a detour to Big Fork on my recent travels

Sweet.....Greg W is such a great supplier! He has such a great selection of obscure stuff. It's only money, who cares Wink
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 23:32
^ That's the spirit !! Most of it will be financed by my tax-return cheque, anyway - sweet F.A. out from my wallet as such
Greg W indeed - best prices on-line for the vinyls too.

Edited by Tom Ozric - January 29 2015 at 23:35
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2015 at 00:11
^ Sounds like a plan, I might use part of my return also and buy some more black 12" round thingys....
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2015 at 15:21
Got word back from Greg - $145 postage !!
It's gonna be crazy good when the parcel arrives........18 LP's and 2 Magenta DVD's.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2015 at 15:49
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Got word back from Greg - $145 postage !!
It's gonna be crazy good when the parcel arrives........18 LP's and 2 Magenta DVD's.

You should move.....LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 312>