Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2015 at 17:37
^ I was never a huge DS fan....but he is sounding really nice.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2015 at 00:35
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Love this album......Can be difficult for some I suppose
Great album - my fave of the five (though the debut comes close).
Incidentally, my version is on the German 'Brain' label, and the cover has a blue border (instead of black).
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 15:43
A Kickstarter project for wooden turntables. Is he the same guy from the one you posted a few months ago, José?
https:///www.kickstarter.com/projects/898522200/silvan-audio-workshop

Edited by Meltdowner - February 24 2015 at 15:44
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 16:23
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

A Kickstarter project for wooden turntables. Is he the same guy from the one you posted a few months ago, José?
https:///www.kickstarter.com/projects/898522200/silvan-audio-workshop

These guys already produce these log round plinths........And Hi Fi Heaven is selling them.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 16:39
^ Now that's professional work, cool stuff Smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 16:50

^ Now that's professional work, cool stuff Smile

He pretty much will make a plinth out of any hardwood....I am not a Rega fan so these don't interest me much but they are very cool.

I want the audio table in his gallery pics, the Pecky.....Very cool table!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 17:09
I don't know about the Rega parts, but there are some strange TT models that I wonder if they are good audiophile material... the most strange is probably The Sound Garden, not only there's no dust cover but there's also a plant to pollinate your records LOL
The table is probably the best choice Tongue
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2015 at 17:18

I don't know about the Rega parts, but there are some strange TT models that I wonder if they are good audiophile material... the most strange is probably The Sound Garden, not only there's no dust cover but there's also a plant to pollinate your records LOL
The table is probably the best choice Tongue

The planter pot TT is boutique.....probably some yuppie in NYC would buy one LOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2015 at 14:56

^^ That cover is really great, I never listened to the music though Ermm

^ It sounds good, although I never liked his music with Dire Straits Confused
The key thing to MK's solo material is he quickly ditched the Dire Straits stadium rock like Money For Nothing and has became quite a musicologist with albums like Rag Pickers Dream and Shangri-La. Incredible songwriting too.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 06:53
Funny, my boss at work (who can be a total ass a lot of the time.....) mentioned Rag Picker's Dream to me. I don't actively listen to the Straits, though I did see them on the Brothers In Arms tour, and On Every Street a few years after. No doubt that Knopfler is an incredible guitarist.
Lately, the recent Enchant album 'The Great Divide' is knocking my block off. Ted Leonard's vocals fit the music so much more precisely than in Spock's.
and what's this ??? Wilson already putting out another album with Hand Cannot Erase......
- haven't even fully studied his recent Raven album yet. 5 stars no doubt, but give me a chance to absorb this incredible gift...........
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 09:09
The only Dire Straits I listened was Brothers In Arms, every song sounded nice at the beginning but soon the verse/chorus over-repetition becomes nauseating... the same reason I don't listen to other artists like Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen Confused

I agree, The Raven is an incredible gift although I played it so many times, unlike you Tongue

I went to one of those local flea markets today and found many great albums. Only bought these for now... but I'll be back Big smile

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 10:11

The only Dire Straits I listened was Brothers In Arms, every song sounded nice at the beginning but soon the verse/chorus over-repetition becomes nauseating... the same reason I don't listen to other artists like Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen Confused

That's why I suggested the later Knopfler solo albums as they're quite different from DS and focus on Knopfler's interpretations and of American roots music such as old time folk and blues that he put's his own ironic twist on.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 10:40
^ I'll give those two albums a listen, to see if my opinion about Knopfler's music changes Smile
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 17:54
I'm still getting my head around Grace For Drowning ......and I've had it for a couple of years now - with the amount of booty I acquire, it's hard to spend much time with each and every album, so stupid me, I ought to take a step or 2 back and just take what I have all in..........there's just so many albums I treasure that haven't seen the light of day for years........I can't remember the last time I spun a Tai Phong album, or a Gandalf album, or an SFF album......
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 18:49
I'm the contrary: I've been buying a lot of Prog albums lately because I don't have much and I have the impression I listened to every one of them recently Tongue

I never checked Tai Phong's albums although I heard of them here. Unfortunately, I only know the singers' 80's songs from my father's collection Dead
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 18:54
^ That be J J Goldman ??
Well, my Tai Phong S/T has just seen the light of day !! Still looks immaculate.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 19:04
Hi guys, got my phone cam fixed

My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 19:07
^^ Yep, that's the one... the soundtrack of nightmares
I'll have to listen to that one to see if I forget about it... it happened when I listened to 10.000 Anos Depois from José Cid, I forgot all his 80's crap

Edited by Meltdowner - February 28 2015 at 19:08
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 19:33
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Hi guys, got my phone cam fixed

Oh dear !! Lets go to Shady Grove, where all the pigs have tails.....
Edward, The Mad Shirt Grinder is a MASTERPIECE. And Flute Song, and Holy Moly - oh wait, that's you
Joseph's Coat......
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2015 at 21:45
Flute Song really hit the spot tonight.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 96979899100 312>