Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 20:49
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 21:41
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 22:32
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2015 at 22:35
^ 3 out of 3 Jose
I've been spending time cleaning my sister's (crusty) records. She finally is getting her act together.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2015 at 16:22
All great stuff José! That IQ triple gatefold is very cool Thumbs Up
Do you have the new Steven Wilson album? I played my blu-ray copy today, really great music and sweet 5.1 mix, like the previous ones Wink
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2015 at 18:46
I was expecting some Big Band music from this orchestral Miles Davis album, but it turns out most of it is very low-key and lovely music. It's a concept album that can be identified by the song titles and mood. I was imagining a 50's movie while I was listening to it. Really like this album Clap

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2015 at 21:57
I don't have HCE on vinyl yet.....I am trying to give my local store business but his orders are delayed. I have the high-resolution 24/96 file, it's an amazing album.....I know I will immerse myself in the vinyl even more, as all SW albums do to me......

Right now this one which is brilliant!!!!!

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2015 at 23:17

Having a great vinyl night, made some tweaks adjustments, will explain later.........But the analog deck sounds amazing!!

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2015 at 23:42
Time to turn the lights off........

Roxbrough View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxbrough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2015 at 10:32
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Having a great vinyl night, made some tweaks adjustments, will explain later.........But the analog deck sounds amazing!!

stunning album.
Live Long and Prosper
Roxbrough View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roxbrough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2015 at 10:35
Just played Hands Cannot Erase [180gram pressing] it has been a while since tears of joy have run down my face at the overwhelming emotion caused by the shear brilliance of the music, but Steve did it to me, he is a Prog God.
Live Long and Prosper
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2015 at 19:41
Went ahead and got some re-release / non-used vinyls....maybe a bit of an eclectic haul.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2015 at 22:20
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

Went ahead and got some re-release / non-used vinyls....maybe a bit of an eclectic haul.

Nice haul......Is the Trespass the remixed version or original?
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 07:23
^Remix version.
I got the Nursery Cryme vinyl remix and really liked how it sounded (man that album needed a production overhaul), so I'm pretty interested in hearing how this remix Trespass will sound. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, been too busy and I don't want to hear it for the first time while I'm changing my pants or brushing my teeth...
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 15:19
Let me know thanks......I have Foxtrot, NC and SEBTP as remix versions and yes, they all needed that overhaul. The veil was lifted by Nick Davis, he did an outstanding job of remixing.

I do need to get The Lamb, Trick/Tail and Trespass.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 16:17
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I don't have HCE on vinyl yet.....I am trying to give my local store business but his orders are delayed. I have the high-resolution 24/96 file, it's an amazing album.....I know I will immerse myself in the vinyl even more, as all SW albums do to me......
I wasn't considering getting it this soon, but I went to the local store and was surprised when I saw the LP, it's the first time I saw a SW album there: they are starting to know me Tongue I got the blu-ray, I like to experience music in a different way sometimes, I also have to use my player more, since I don't have any movies... or an LCD TV LOL

Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

^Remix version.
I got the Nursery Cryme vinyl remix and really liked how it sounded (man that album needed a production overhaul), so I'm pretty interested in hearing how this remix Trespass will sound. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet, been too busy and I don't want to hear it for the first time while I'm changing my pants or brushing my teeth...
Let us know what you think of it. I have the original and I have to say I'm not as happy with it as I am with the next ones Ermm
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 16:39
Thick and white, like wolfs chest hair...

ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 17:23
^ Sweeeeet.....Let us know about the sound quality. InsideOut music usually has great pressings from UK plants...
I have to say it was painful watching Hackett in the video singing Wolflight, he is not a frontman LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 17:28
^^ Cool LP Angelo Cool What do you think of it? Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2015 at 04:41

So true LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 103104105106107 312>