Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 00:40
And the new one Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep, this one is not mastered for vinyl as good as the other two are. It is still pretty good sounding though...

V is very nice sounding.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 01:50
I believe 'X' is also available on vinyl, but I'm not certain it's on InsideOut. I don't have this album as yet. I'd really love to have the 2nd album pressed to vinyl.
'V' is a very good album, but I prefer The Light to it. Even Brief Nocturnes is a smidge stronger than 'V', for me at least.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 11:34
Yes X is on vinyl too.....I don't care for that album much. Not sure why......The Light is the best album
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 02:56
Yes -The Light is just FANTASTIC. From the albums I have/heard, I do return to The Light most often.
Just like Transatlantic, nothing beats SMPTe.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 05:13
The last album and V are really good and although I still don't have those. There's something about The Light that's special, it's very fun to listen Smile I also have Snow on CD but I normally can't listen to both discs without taking a break Tongue

Here's another very special album I played last weekend Big smile

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 05:19
^ Man, what a freak-out - I also have Snow as a dbl CD. And I do it in two halves as well. In recent times, I've come to the conclusion that around 80 minutes running time is about the limit per album for me. After that, it becomes somewhat demanding.

Edited by Tom Ozric - May 26 2015 at 05:21
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 09:58
Such a great album CoS is.......I will be picking up Hemispheres later this week. These Rush reissues are simply amazing.....

Edited by Catcher10 - May 26 2015 at 09:59
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 10:10
^^ I also did that with Tales From Topographic Oceans the last time I listened, and I started to really like it.

^ I waited too long to buy a copy of 2112 and now they are more expensive, but I'll have to get it anyway Tongue I'll wait for a nice photo of Hemispheres then Smile

Edited by Meltdowner - May 26 2015 at 10:11
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 14:27
Yes 2112 is all gone off the Rush vinyl website too......There are two for sure to order early, 2112 and Moving Pictures.
Since I plan to get all of them I am ordering early....Signals also might sell out.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 07:57
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to pre-order the next ones and get the ones I don't have... not right now though, I already have a couple of orders on their way here, 15 LP's Embarrassed
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 10:20
15 LP's......I am sorry that is not enough Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2015 at 16:41
Sorry, 18. Three of them are doubles Tongue
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 01:05
^ That's like my orders from Syn Phonic. And when they arrive it's just overwhelming.
.......and after a while, I realise that there's just so many records I don't spin often, but then I couldn't part with any one of them, even if it has been 8 years since I last heard them..........
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 08:13
^ I don't find overwhelming because I don't listen to them in a hurry, I like to pick albums from the stack Tongue I have some albums that I bought some years ago that I don't know if I'll ever listen to them again, but they are few, so I'll keep them.

A great sounding vinyl reissue that I bought almost a month ago and only played last night:

I couldn't get it signed but the concert was incredible Approve

Edited by Meltdowner - May 28 2015 at 08:14
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 09:23
I have tried with Magma, several times and nothing clicks with me and them. Maybe a vinyl version will do it, but I am not going to force it. I suppose it is the singing/lyrics, ohh well I have plenty black 12" round things to take up my time.

Been spinning a lot of Steven Wilson as in about 3 weeks will see him live on the HCE Tour. I am amazed at how all his vinyl whether PT or solo, sounds so amazing...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 17:05
Just like I tried many times to like VDGG, and I still don't... I have a vinyl copy of Still Life though Wacko

Let me know how that concert was, it was announced today that he will play here (for the first time without PT) next September, I will surely go Big smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 17:12
Going to LA area next month and plan to hit some record stores....for sure will go to Freakbeat Records

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 17:28
"CD's... Who cares?" So true LOL

Have fun Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 17:50
....and here is part 2...Wombleton looks very cool and "British" LOL

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2015 at 18:24
And a really great European selection as well, lots of Krautrock especially Thumbs Up It's cool that they have Heldon and Omega albums.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 312>