Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 12:30
Originally posted by Daysbetween Daysbetween wrote:

What have you been buying?
The first three Iron Maiden albums that I showed two pages ago and these seven.

I was really looking forward to receive these, I can't wait to listen to them Smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 12:45
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ LOL

^^ I know the feeling, I don't have a TT for two weeks (tried to fix it myself but ended up taking it to someone else) and it's sad, especially when I have a pile of 10 new LP's staring at me Cry

I thought you were looking at a new TT?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 16:10
^ I am, but it doesn't mean I don't want to fix my Technics, also because I won't sell it after I get a new one: it's the family TT, it's been in the family for generations LOL
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 17:29
My "family" turntable has a needle that's too heavy to play 60's and 70's records. I use my Mp3 converter turntable to play records.
http://fryingpanmedia.com
Evolutionary Sleeper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolutionary Sleeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2015 at 17:36

Originally posted by Daysbetween Daysbetween wrote:

What have you been buying?
The first three Iron Maiden albums that I showed two pages ago and these seven.

I was really looking forward to receive these, I can't wait to listen to them Smile

BAM! I own that Beyond the Black Rainbow Soundtrack as well~ LOOOOOOVE IT!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 01:34
This happened to me several years ago. My TT packed it in, so at that weekend, I went shopping and bought a new TT. Hasn't failed me since (at least 7 years ago). To have all that vinyl there just beckoning to be listened to, and the thought of not having anything to play it on, well, I'd sell my Grandma to have a TT immediately (no, not true, but you get what I'm saying......)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 07:48
Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

My "family" turntable has a needle that's too heavy to play 60's and 70's records. I use my Mp3 converter turntable to play records.
You'll have to share that antique Big smile

Originally posted by Evolutionary Sleeper Evolutionary Sleeper wrote:

BAM! I own that Beyond the Black Rainbow Soundtrack as well~ LOOOOOOVE IT!
I only listened to it a couple of times on Spotify when I evaluated him and it was already incredible. It's the LP I'm most excited about from those Thumbs Up

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

This happened to me several years ago. My TT packed it in, so at that weekend, I went shopping and bought a new TT. Hasn't failed me since (at least 7 years ago). To have all that vinyl there just beckoning to be listened to, and the thought of not having anything to play it on, well, I'd sell my Grandma to have a TT immediately (no, not true, but you get what I'm saying......)
Poor grandma LOL I never make rushed decisions when I buy something, not even when I really need it Tongue
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2015 at 11:50
It took me 6 months to finally decide on the TT I wanted. I auditioned it once, then auditioned several others, read many reviews online, talked to owners on audio sites and finally pulled the trigger.....Luckily I got it for an excellent price as a dealer was having a sale. I have not seen them go onsale since......

I so loved all my Technics, Pioneer, Akai TT I had in the past, but new modern tables don't have all those working parts, springs, levers, pulleys and stuff that can wear, break and create unwanted noise...nothing like a true manual table....promotes exercise!!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 12:21
Here you go Sam.....Super high-end audio gear store in Portugal, don't tell me you have no place to buy now!!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 12:57
I didn't that onem it seems really cool. I know there are great stores, but they are all in Lisbon Confused It's frustrating to live in a small country and not being able to go where I like without spending an absurd amount of money. It's embarassing compared to other European countries Ouch
I'll go there next September to see Steven Wilson though, so I'll try to make the most of it Ermm
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 14:03

I didn't that onem it seems really cool. I know there are great stores, but they are all in Lisbon Confused It's frustrating to live in a small country and not being able to go where I like without spending an absurd amount of money. It's embarassing compared to other European countries Ouch
I'll go there next September to see Steven Wilson though, so I'll try to make the most of it Ermm

I go to places like this to hear and audition....Some of this gear is crazy money, which is fine but I go to hear if it is that much better than what I have. Most of the time the digital end is pretty sweet, but since I am vinyl, the analog gear is very good but not 5x the price for what I paid.

The uber cartridges and phono stages they have are super nice, that is where the real upgrade in analog sound comes from..but again paying 5x what I have is not in my plans....
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 15:24
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I go to places like this to hear and audition....Some of this gear is crazy money, which is fine but I go to hear if it is that much better than what I have. Most of the time the digital end is pretty sweet, but since I am vinyl, the analog gear is very good but not 5x the price for what I paid.

The uber cartridges and phono stages they have are super nice, that is where the real upgrade in analog sound comes from..but again paying 5x what I have is not in my plans....
I imagine it's something like that, I don't recognize a single brand they sell. They probably would laught at me if I asked for a Pro-ject TT LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2015 at 11:40
Got this at a market for $35.00. I don't know where to hang it yet though.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2015 at 16:20
Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

Got this at a market for $35.00. I don't know where to hang it yet though.

So cool.....I assume the "Pink Floyd" is cut from the vinyl and it is all one-piece?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2015 at 16:29
^^ Cool! Cool It's a copy of AMLOR so there's no problem cutting it in half LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2015 at 17:29

^^ Cool! Cool It's a copy of AMLOR so there's no problem cutting it in half LOL

Aww, let's not be too harsh, it's not that bad
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2015 at 17:40
^ I know it's not (I gave it 3 stars after all) but I like to joke about it. If it was a TFC copy I would cut it into little pieces Angry (pun intended LOL)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2015 at 19:19
Now that's what I'm talking about! Get mad!
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2015 at 21:07
I would love to cut The Final Cut into pieces, speaking of cutting into pieces, I'd love to cut Mr. Papa Roach's Last Resort into pieces as well. Angry (Anyone who's heard that godawful song will probably understand)
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2015 at 11:35
Found a VG+++ copy of Marillion~Fugazi. It's not my favorite Fish era album, but man the condition was pristine. And I was not let down, after a cleaning and anti-static treatment this album sounds super nice. Apparently the previous owner did not like it much as I see no wear damage LOL.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 312>