Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2015 at 11:41
^ Still liked the album enough to take good care of it Tongue Nice find Thumbs Up
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SaltyJon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2015 at 14:06

Here's my picks from this year's Record Store Day; top one which is hard to see is Electric Wizard's album "Time to Die", second from left in top row is a New Orleans Funk v/a double, the Rough, Raw and Amazing there is a very rough quality Beefheart, bottom left-most is Clutch's "From Beale Street to Eternity" and the rest are pretty easy to see. Either the Thelonius Monk or the Sun Records is my fave.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2015 at 01:18
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Found a VG+++ copy of Marillion~Fugazi. It's not my favorite Fish era album, but man the condition was pristine. And I was not let down, after a cleaning and anti-static treatment this album sounds super nice. Apparently the previous owner did not like it much as I see no wear damage LOL.

Probably my favourite Marillion album, period, but I'm really digging their modern stuff more these days. Just got my batch of 19 LP's from Syn Phonic - Anoraknophobia being one of them. Only listened to record 1 and love it already. Quartz is a gem (pun intended )
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2015 at 10:20
I don't have Anor-blah-blah on vinyl.......I listen to it sporadically and it has yet to grab me to buy the vinyl. For sure I am more into the H era than Fish, I love the H era music much more. It has a more complete sound....Fish era music has that 80's rock sound that did not resonate with me much, especially now.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2015 at 14:05
I went to a local Rock festival yesterday and there was a record seller there: he had mostly Metal and Punk (he looked really disgusted when I said UK Subs' guitarist is now on a Krautrock band Tongue) there but also a small Prog selection. I added a couple of LP's to the pile OuchLOL

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2015 at 13:02
The car album is one of my favs by Gabriel.......Next to So which is brilliant IMO.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2015 at 17:10
^ I heard Car once, but I don't remember anything about it Tongue Curiously, I didn't know the order of the first four albums and bought the first two Smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 14:54
Speaking of Peter Gabriel.....not sure if I will get these as I am not a huge fan of 45RPM, although these are half-speed masters and I agree should sound amazing

Edited by Catcher10 - July 28 2015 at 14:54
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 15:02
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 15:10
I saw that today, it must sound great. It sure is more expensive that way... it's what I paid for Sankt Otten's last album that is also like that Tongue

By the way, I ordered the TT last week, I should get it any day now Big smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 15:30
I'm actually thinking of ordering all 4....the bundle price is pretty good. I just hate one song per side basically.

You ordered a Pro-Ject?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 15:49
Ok...I pulled the trigger on all 4, free shipping and the bundle price was lower than advertised....Each LP is actually lower priced than traditional 45rpm releases by about $10 ea.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 16:02
^^ Yes, the model I told you about Smile

^ Nice, let us know when you get it. I expect a full report Tongue
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 16:08
Isn't this a great idea? LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 17:34
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^^ Yes, the model I told you about Smile

^ Nice, let us know when you get it. I expect a full report Tongue

You'll have to wait till October when they are released....Might post a video too.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 17:35
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Isn't this a great idea? LOL

LOL

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 17:45
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

You'll have to wait till October when they are released....Might post a video too.
I'll gladly watch it Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2015 at 11:54

Picked up these two yesterday on a quick trip to the record store. The Police is like my 3rd copy, anytime I find a VG+ copy I take it. One of my favorite albums, the sound quality is excellent and Sting's bass lines are so good on vinyl. I also have the CD version which is good too, back in the day I had the cassette chrome HQ version which was excellent.
The ELP was in VG condition, I took it because most ELP I find are in bad condition. This one is pretty good, there are some rough spots so I will not play those with my good cartridge, but still a classic to have a few copies.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2015 at 17:28
^ - very cool. Tea In The Sahara . I just have the 5 Police albums on proper cassette. Great stuff.
Maybe it's different over here, but it's not too hard to find pristine ELP vinyls. Perhaps folks just didn't bother listening to them after a few spins and the vinyls found their way into long-term storage.....??
Having said, it was very difficult to obtain a beautiful Close To The Edge, even in the early-90's. Possibly 1 in 10 copies was a beauty.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2015 at 17:40
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ - very cool. Tea In The Sahara . I just have the 5 Police albums on proper cassette. Great stuff.
Maybe it's different over here, but it's not too hard to find pristine ELP vinyls. Perhaps folks just didn't bother listening to them after a few spins and the vinyls found their way into long-term storage.....??
Having said, it was very difficult to obtain a beautiful Close To The Edge, even in the early-90's. Possibly 1 in 10 copies was a beauty.

I have all Police on vinyl, CD and a few cassette...I have Regatta de Blanc on reel to reel. Any ELP that I see here is in bad shape, you could tell played to hell! Yes can be that way also, but for some reason ELP here in the Seattle area is very popular vinyl.

You need the Friday Music remix/remaster on 1/2 speed of CTTE done by Joe Reagosso.....sublime!!

Edited by Catcher10 - August 01 2015 at 17:42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 312>