Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2015 at 09:59
^ I went to the store yesterday and asked about the order and I'm glad I did: there was some confusion with the ordering process because two employees handled it. I'm waiting for a confirmation, I hope they won't forget about it too Confused
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2015 at 15:58
^ Two for one....hopefully :)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2015 at 19:25
^ Wouldn't that be awesome? Tongue
It looks like I'll have to wait even more: they told me there isn't a single TT of that model right now, since it sold really well... I'll have to wait for the factory to make a new one Confused
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2015 at 01:25
^ gotta hand it to customer service - it always never works !!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2015 at 09:14
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ Wouldn't that be awesome? Tongue
It looks like I'll have to wait even more: they told me there isn't a single TT of that model right now, since it sold really well... I'll have to wait for the factory to make a new one Confused

Sounds silly.......Pick another model even if a bit nicer and tell them you want for same price. or get your money back and buy online from another source.

These guys offer a 6yr guarantee

Edited by Catcher10 - August 12 2015 at 09:18
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2015 at 09:32
^ I've been patient so far, I think I can wait more, that sounds troublesome... besides, if an official distributor can't get me one, where would I get one without spending a lot more?
I'll see if my Technics is already fixed in the meantime.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2015 at 14:07
Looking forward to some interesting releases, like he says, stuff that may have never been released on vinyl or very limited runs. Maybe IR will look into prog rock albums from the 90's that only got CD released, or stuff from the 70's that was never reissued.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2015 at 09:43
It's cool that rare albums that were never reissued before are now easily available Smile
aglasshouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2015 at 17:02
Recently treated myself with a few vinyls for my birthday the other day:

Peter Gabriel - Car
Kayak - Phantom of the Night
Traffic - When the Eagle Flies
Traffic - On The Road (Live)
Yes - Relayer
Curved Air - Airconditioning
Supertramp - Famous Last Words

Also two great gifts from my friend Khaliq!
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve and Other Stories
Pink Floyd - A Distant Sound of Thunder

Edited by aglasshouse - August 14 2015 at 17:02
http://fryingpanmedia.com
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2015 at 19:33
^ Lots of great stuff, enjoy! Thumbs Up
I have a worn out copy of Famous Last Words... it was the only album I liked from my father's collection, long before I started collecting myself. I did find a copy of Snowy White's first album there later though, it's a nice one.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2015 at 15:55

I have a worn out copy of Famous Last Words... it was the only album I liked from my father's collection, long before I started collecting myself.

Seems like a lot of people have a negative feeling towards it. I always loved the epic opening to Crazy everytime I listened to it, and of course Waiting So Long is just sublime. Never got into the big hits like It's Raining Again but what do I know?

Currently I'm going through Relayer and let me just say that it's a breeze to just sit back and let my computer convert it without any of my physical input when it's playing Gates. And that's accompanied with the music as well.

Edited by aglasshouse - August 15 2015 at 15:56
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2015 at 17:28
Originally posted by aglasshouse aglasshouse wrote:

Seems like a lot of people have a negative feeling towards it. I always loved the epic opening to Crazy everytime I listened to it, and of course Waiting So Long is just sublime. Never got into the big hits like It's Raining Again but what do I know?

Currently I'm going through Relayer and let me just say that it's a breeze to just sit back and let my computer convert it without any of my physical input when it's playing Gates. And that's accompanied with the music as well.
I agree, Waiting So Long is the best track there, but it has lots of nice tunes. It's Raining Again is just listenable though. I also think the rating here is appropriate, it's certainly not their best work.

What do you mean by that? Ermm
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2015 at 17:34

I have a worn out copy of Famous Last Words... it was the only album I liked from my father's collection, long before I started collecting myself.

Are you converting the vinyl to a digital file on your computer?

Nice finds for your bday!! Clap
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2015 at 18:30

I agree, Waiting So Long is the best track there, but it has lots of nice tunes. It's Raining Again is just listenable though. I also think the rating here is appropriate, it's certainly not their best work.

What do you mean by that? Ermm
Famous Last Words is a good album, period. Crazy is one of my fave 'tramp songs, and most of side 2 is very good - My Kind Of Lady and the last 2 tracks especially. Raining Again and Old Brown Shoes are my least favourites. Solid 3 star album. BTW, I have a very neat Czech pressing some German friends of ours brought me when they visited years ago.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2015 at 21:28
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Are you converting the vinyl to a digital file on your computer?
Indeed I am. I have to do it manually when it cuts to the next track because the auto-separator function doesn't work.

]I agree, Waiting So Long is the best track there, but it has lots of nice tunes. It's Raining Again is just listenable though. I also think the rating here is appropriate, it's certainly not their best work.

What do you mean by that? Ermm

What I should have said is the good tracks don't seem to get enough praise as they should. As an overall thing the album is pretty basic, but Again it could be held with higher acclaim than it does in some places.

Edited by aglasshouse - August 15 2015 at 21:30
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aglasshouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2015 at 18:57
I converted Tubular Bells and after the like 50 minutes of recording and converting to mp3 I just realized that I recorded it too quietly. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2015 at 11:13

I converted Tubular Bells and after the like 50 minutes of recording and converting to mp3 I just realized that I recorded it too quietly. 

Well at least you get to play it again.......Tongue
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 11:40

Just pre-ordered (via pledge) the Marillion album 18 (no title yet) due out early 2016. I ordered the limited edition band signed vinyl version (duuuhhh). Only 500 to be issued and as of right now 137 are left.....Who said vinyl is dead??!! LOL

Edited by Catcher10 - September 02 2015 at 11:44
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 11:47
That's really cool. When did the campaign start? Smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 11:56
^ Yesterday........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121122123124125 312>