Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 11:57
Really? That's impressive Shocked
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 12:04
No affiliation

EDIT: 131 of the signed vinyl left......hurry up and order one!! LOL

Edited by Catcher10 - September 02 2015 at 12:05
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 12:10
I think I'll pass, I spent so much on records these last few weeks Embarrassed Besides, if I would buy every limited edition I come across, I would be broke LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 12:16
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I think I'll pass, I spent so much on records these last few weeks Embarrassed Besides, if I would buy every limited edition I come across, I would be broke LOL

I know.....The non signed versions will still be there for awhile I am sure. All the signed versions will be gone within a few days.
What I like, especially for me is the price includes shipping to US......I think it came to USD41.00. When I pay shipping it is about USD15.00, so USD26.00 for an album is really good ......and signed .......and Marillion ........and some of the best vinyl mastering around.
Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 12:24
It's quite cheap in your case Smile Let us know what you think of it when you'll get it Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 12:31
I will of course, but might be mid 2016 before they release it...Cry
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 12:33
You have plenty of music to listen until then Wink
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 13:14

You have plenty of music to listen until then Wink

I know.....I have a list of albums I need to spin, some only have 1 spin so far....I need to win the lotto so I can retire.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 14:14
^ I would probably spend it all on records LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 17:05

^ I would probably spend it all on records LOL

You need medicine....you are out of control Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2015 at 17:14
WTF happened?? I remember exactly what I wrote and it wasn't that!!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 16:33
Not vinyl......but still analog, the cassette lives!! Right now I have no desire to get me another cassette deck, although I have quite a few cassette albums and tons of mix tapes.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 17:03
^ I noticed that lately, I listened to many artists on Bandcamp that released their albums exclusively on cassette Tongue
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 10:53
Finally! Big smile

As you can see, there's a switch on the right side, it controls the motor. The auto-return mechanism was really messy, with lots of tiny plastic parts, some glued with each other, so it seemed easier and better to turn it into a manual TT.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 16:36
^ Welcome back.......This is the repaired Denon TT right, are you still waiting on the Project?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 16:40
Got this one for free at my local record store......Somebody dropped off like 6 boxes of vinyl to the owner for free!! But the owner was like "man what am I gonna do now!!?" I dug thru some of the boxes and most of it is not good condition. He said he will give them away just to promote vinyl if someone has a lower end cartridge that just wants to listen to vinyl so they do not ruin a higher end cartridge.

I cleaned this one really well, lots of elbow grease and it plays really nice.....

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 17:07
^^ That's my old Technics and I'm still waiting for the Pro-ject, but it will certainly be easier to wait now :)

^ Nice find! And for free!? Even better :D
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 19:03
My bad...Yes Technics.....Good your spinning again!

Yes free Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 08:00
Had a great time last night, only noticed then that most of the new LPs are highly psychedelic LOL

The latest album from Sinoia Caves, and what an amazing one it is. It's great how it explores many sides of the electronic genre but still manages to be homogeneous. Thanks for the tip David Thumbs Up

Obviously not official, a copy of the original LP, and like the original, it's a mono record. It's so strange listening to this knowing the digital stereo mix, but it sounds more authentic Smile

Finished with this heavy psychedelic album that I got from their merch stand last week. I wouldn't have it if I had got there one minute later, their LP's sold out in a few minutes...
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Who said vinyl is dead??!! LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 15:08
^ Excellent stuff Sam!!! Your like a kid in a candy store now.....Wait till your new deck arrives.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 122123124125126 312>