Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 15:44
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Wish I could post pics........
I bought Mastodon's Leviathan album and when I got home and opened it, it is a pink (!!) vinyl - Metalcore in pink. Very funny........

It took me awhile to get it right because I'm pretty low tech myself.
Under topics not related to music click on I have a question for you and you'll find a topic called How do I post pictures? That will get you started.
Photobucket is a good place to store images for free. I have over 900 album cover images and I'm only using 4% of the space I'm allowed.
It will take some practicing to get it right but get as far as you can and come back here with any questions and before you know it you'll be posting pics with your eyes closed Smile
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 16:15
The new Anna Von Hausswolff album "The Miraculous" which I've just got on vinyl today has an etched 4th side. Much prefer it leaving the 4th side blank than spreading the music out over 4 sides and having to change sides every 10 minutes.

A wonderful album well worth checking out.

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 16:52
^^ I think he posts from his phone, so it's trickier that way.

^ That's really cool Thumbs Up How's the music like?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2015 at 21:22
That is a sweet etching......yes what is the music like?
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 10:28
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I have to say, death/goth/brutal metal has the best looking vinyl out. I get emails from CM Distro and I scan their vinyl offerings often, occasionally they will have some prog metal.....I can't do the brutal/death stuff, but the colored vinyl and packaging is insane.

Welcome Dave, to our wonderful little world of vinyl! Thumbs Up

Thanks...I'll try to post pictures of some of my cooler looking vinyls soon. A lot of metal vinyl releases are pure limited editions, often to a few hundred copies if that, thus the labels tend to go all out on making them a collectors item I suppose. There's an extreme metal album I want released in 2009 (Obscura - "Cosmogenesis") that had a vinyl edition that already goes for 200$ minimum these days. They're almost worth buying just for investment purposes, let alone the neat packaging.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 10:47
^^ & ^^^ It's pretty unique. Very dark with a lot of use of pipe organ. A review in Mojo made a lot of reference to doom metal which it's not but it is heavy at times. She has an amazing voice - some have compared here to Kate Bush but I don't see a big resemblance myself.

Check this out....

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 11:02
Thanks for posting...not Kate Bush. She sounds like Anna von Hausswolff.....Parts sound like could be updated Black Sabbath, like a young Sabbath had they started in 2015.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 11:09
^^ Wow, amazing track! Thumbs Up
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 17:52
Yea!!! Two more black pizzas showed up today...

Been wanting this one on vinyl for sometime....I love The Can!! These I am getting are all new issues, remastered/remixed from original master tapes by Sonopress in Germany and pressed by Soundmasters in UK, such an outstanding job they are doing with Can's albums.

The other one I got was Genesis~A Trick/Tail, the 2008 Nick Davis remastered. The Genesis reissues are half speed mastered by Nick Davis issued by Rhino.....Outstanding!

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 18:11
^ Two utterly BRILLIANT albums there, Jose
Future Days = THE BEST !! Worth it for 'Spray' alone.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2015 at 18:18
Just finished ATotT and Nick did an amazing job. He brought forward instruments that were too much in the background on the original mix. Phil's vocals were pushed back some on Entangled, which after comparing the two seems better, I love that song and it will take a few listens to "feel" it better, but I think I will.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 09:32
^^^ I got the vinyl boxset of the first 5 Genesis albums (excluding Revelation of course) on the most recent remasters and they sound great. 

I bet ATOTT sounds great. I'd like to compare it to the original pressing.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 09:46
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

^^^ I got the vinyl boxset of the first 5 Genesis albums (excluding Revelation of course) on the most recent remasters and they sound great. 

I have some of the first albums too, SEBTP is so good. Compared to all the originals, the veil is lifted and its just glorious Genesis music.
ATotT original is really not that bad, not like SEBtP or NC, those were bad. This one though has a some differences like I said, but overall it's like the others......Nick did an amazing job.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 09:58
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

I have some of the first albums too, SEBTP is so good. Compared to all the originals, the veil is lifted and its just glorious Genesis music.
ATotT original is really not that bad, not like SEBtP or NC, those were bad. This one though has a some differences like I said, but overall it's like the others......Nick did an amazing job.

Oh yes, Selling England sounds amazing. I agree, a job well done.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 10:06
^^ Still not as bad as Trespass, in terms of sound quality. I wonder how's Nick's remaster of that one.

Edited by Meltdowner - November 21 2015 at 10:08
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 12:52
I finally decided to buy the first two LZ albums and I'm so glad I did, it seemed like the first time I truly listened to the album. The drums sound incredible, not flat at all, and the bass is much more clean and audible than the CD. I wasn't so impressed in the first track, still trying to understand what I was listening, but in the beginning "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", the acoustic guitar and the vocals had a incredibly natural sound. And then that song has some loud moments that sounded awful on CD, quite distorted and muddy, but it wasn't the case: I could clearly identify every track, even some guitar overdubs I didn't know. Throughout the album I could even listen to some echoes on the vocals and buzz from Page's amp Tongue "Your Time Is Gonna Come" always was my favourite on that album and it sounded particularly warm, I loved the sound of the organ, including the track farther on the right, that was not as audible. Probably the most special moment was the psychedelic middle section of "Dazed and Confused", followed by the sudden and fast bass and drums outburst, it's truly amazing Cool The only bad thing is that sticker on the front cover Confused I'll have to listen to II next, this first one put a really big smile on my face Big smile

TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 13:05
^  I'm sure you will enjoy the spaced out part in Whole Lotta Love. 
Back then when I was listening to early Zep I was also way into Truth and Beck-Ola by the original Jeff Beck Group. You can't beat those two albums on vinyl. Wink
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 14:06
^ It will be fun, I'm sure. It's one of my favourite albums from them, right after HOTH.
Never heard these two, but I recently heard "Blow by Blow" for the first time and I loved itApprove
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2015 at 15:04
^ Blues based hard rock on Truth and a much heavier sound on Beck-Ola.
Rod Stewart did the vocals, Ron Wood on bass and Mickey Waller on drums.
I would recommend both to anyone interested in late sixties hard rock.
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 04:02
Hi there!

Here are my latest acquisitions from November... Party

Upgrade mint copies of Yes albums :
The guy who sold me these albums played them one or two times to record them on tapes and then, they stayed in boxes for many years!!

Other mint great titles :

And from some other sellers :

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139 312>