Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 04:38
^ FANTASTIC - that's what I like to see
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 06:49
Wink nice, isn't it?
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 07:17
Most Yes LP's I bought had exactly the same story Tongue
Great finds, especially the Magma and Bo Hansson albums Thumbs Up
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 07:26
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^^ Still not as bad as Trespass, in terms of sound quality. I wonder how's Nick's remaster of that one.

I have that remastered vinyl. There's way more clarity which makes listening to it almost surreal. It's great, although I do have one issue. While the pastoral majority of the album sounds way better, I wish the electric guitar during The Knife was a little more prominent. It's sounds less muddy for sure, but a bit tamer as well with the keyboards given much more prominence than in the original mix, specifically during the song's first half. It makes the Genesis Live version seem even more ballsy now.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 07:38
Those Bo Hansson albums were quite common here some time ago when I bought my copies - don't think I spent more than 8 Aussie dollars for any of them, excellent condition too. The music inspired by Lord Of The Rings was EVERYWHERE. Seriously, seen more often than Kajagoogoo albums. Though it was upwards of 15 years ago. Attic Thoughts is my favourite - especially that long cut on side 1 - track 3 I think - with that awesome flanged (?) bass. Bo's band here were most of KEBNEKAJSE. Love the Watership Down album heaps, too. Gosh, been years since I spun these albums.......
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 09:08
Where do you live Tom? Quite hard to find here in France, well it's not very common...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 13:33
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

I have that remastered vinyl. There's way more clarity which makes listening to it almost surreal. It's great, although I do have one issue. While the pastoral majority of the album sounds way better, I wish the electric guitar during The Knife was a little more prominent. It's sounds less muddy for sure, but a bit tamer as well with the keyboards given much more prominence than in the original mix, specifically during the song's first half. It makes the Genesis Live version seem even more ballsy now.
I'm glad to know that, thanks for sharing your experience Thumbs Up "The Knife" can't sound worse on that remix than on my copy Tongue
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2015 at 13:36
Originally posted by Anaon Anaon wrote:

Where do you live Tom? Quite hard to find here in France, well it's not very common...
Australia
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2015 at 09:41
Outstanding finds Anaon!! Clap
Have fun spinning them....
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2015 at 10:22

I finally decided to buy the first two LZ albums and I'm so glad I did, it seemed like the first time I truly listened to the album. The drums sound incredible, not flat at all, and the bass is much more clean and audible than the CD. I wasn't so impressed in the first track, still trying to understand what I was listening, but in the beginning "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", the acoustic guitar and the vocals had a incredibly natural sound. And then that song has some loud moments that sounded awful on CD, quite distorted and muddy, but it wasn't the case: I could clearly identify every track, even some guitar overdubs I didn't know. Throughout the album I could even listen to some echoes on the vocals and buzz from Page's amp Tongue "Your Time Is Gonna Come" always was my favourite on that album and it sounded particularly warm, I loved the sound of the organ, including the track farther on the right, that was not as audible. Probably the most special moment was the psychedelic middle section of "Dazed and Confused", followed by the sudden and fast bass and drums outburst, it's truly amazing Cool The only bad thing is that sticker on the front cover Confused I'll have to listen to II next, this first one put a really big smile on my face Big smile

Excellent Sam!! I am really enjoying these new releases......You should not have the problem we are in the US with some of the releases, specifically with HOTH. The Pallas-US pressings have distortion in the last track, The Ocean specifically is bad at the end, from what I read the Pallas-EU pressings do not have this issue.
I bought the deluxe issue of LZ-IV and it includes a 2nd LP of alternate versions, the Sunset Sound mix version of Stairway is fantastic, in a lot of ways I like this mix compared to the Headley Grange original mix, although I am not 100% sure Stairway was recorded at Headley Grange, I know it was written and rehearsed there, but the recording/mix was done somewhere else.
The Sunset Sound mix actually ruffled the hairs on back of my neck, there are some guitar parts and drum parts that are mixed in differently.
Also the alternate mix of Battle of Evermore is haunting, just before Stairway.....Ok now i know what I will spin first tonight when I get home Clap
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2015 at 20:15
So these two showed up.....Essentially for details read my previous thoughts on these Rush reissues. Signals i know like the back of my hand, the reissue is true to the original, that original was excellent. It's just nice to have a clean copy and pressed on 200gram vinyl.

Presto I only ever had on CD, I was hoping they would have pushed the low end some, I will have to listen again, but it could have used more. This remix does have some differences, some sounds and instruments seemed to have been pushed forward and back. Can't pin point them just yet....

What is amazing about these reissues is the packaging is pristine and everything is as the originals.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2015 at 09:29
^^ I hope you're right, I'll let you know when I get that album. I bought the single LP editions, I didn't know if it would be worth buying the double LP ones. 

^ They sure look great. I don't remember anything from these albums. Ermm
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2015 at 10:43
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Outstanding finds Anaon!! Clap
Have fun spinning them....

Thanks Catcher10! A lot of fun indeed! Wink
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2015 at 12:34

^^ I hope you're right, I'll let you know when I get that album. I bought the single LP editions, I didn't know if it would be worth buying the double LP ones. 

^ They sure look great. I don't remember anything from these albums. Ermm

The deluxe versions of LZ are for collectors I think, I have a couple of them because of a few songs I wanted the alternate versions on. I'm not a big fan of "acoustic" versions of songs or versions with no vocals. But alternate mix songs can be interesting.

Rush~Signals is one of their more popular albums, Subdivisions is the big hit with that wonderful 7/8 synth pattern to start the song. Also Side 2 starts with The Weapon (part 2 of the fear trilogy), the whole albums is very good.
Presto is an album I really enjoy, not many "progers" do but screw them!! LOL There are some really good songs there, sure very heavy to synth but the drumming is very good as well as the lyrics. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2015 at 18:32
Friday Music, half speed remaster by Joe Reagoso

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2015 at 19:51
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2015 at 14:50
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2015 at 15:24
^ Nice one
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2015 at 16:25
Great selection José Thumbs Up
I'll have to give those Rush albums another listen.
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2015 at 15:18
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Hell yeah! 

Really need to get myself the vinyl of that album someday so I can bask in the epic cover art.

Edited by Pastmaster - November 28 2015 at 15:19
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 312>