Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2016 at 08:45
^  I have several (7) of their albums from the seventies but have not listened to them lately. I recall liking Glorified Magnified, Solar Fire and Nightingales & Bombers. The last album I bought was The Roaring Silence from 1976.
I definitely need to revisit some of their albums.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2016 at 10:27
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

^  I have several (7) of their albums from the seventies but have not listened to them lately. I recall liking Glorified Magnified, Solar Fire and Nightingales & Bombers. The last album I bought was The Roaring Silence from 1976.
I definitely need to revisit some of their albums.

I have all of the early ones up to Roaring Silence....but I'm missing Chapter Three vol2. (1970).
I like the Chapter Three ones the best because they have that early Brit prog style ....but they are all interesting.
Went and looked....I actually have Watch and Angel Station too.....but most of mine are on cd...only have 2 on vinyl these days.

Edited by dr wu23 - January 31 2016 at 10:34
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2016 at 10:53
^  I don't have any albums before 1972 but somewhere in my box of 45s I have the single "Do Wah Diddy Diddy".
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2016 at 11:54
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

^  I don't have any albums before 1972 but somewhere in my box of 45s I have the single "Do Wah Diddy Diddy".

Yeah..he did some pop radio hits back in the late 60's....Pretty Flamingo was another one along with that Dylan cover Mighty Quinn.
After that he changed his approach and did those two Chapter Three albums before forming Earth Band.
I wasn't aware of the Chapter Three albums until some years later after he did them. A friend turned me onto them.
Haquin
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2016 at 13:16
^  Mighty Quinn was a big hit for the band and got a lot of airplay.
To be honest, I had not heard of the Chapter Three albums until reading your post.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2016 at 13:48
I tried several Earth Band albums but only kept the superb Solar Fire. And I can't stand Do Wah Doodle Doodle..........
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 10:56
Hi there!

A new small video of my finds (and gifts!) of January Wink

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 11:24
Great finds! I especially would like to have the Eloy albums, Alpha Centauri and Weidorje (is it the first pressing or the new reissue?). Did you listen to Cub already?
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 12:21
^^ Superb - just superb - I don't have Eye (that one looks awesome), Cub or the MMEB (used to, but not anymore) - the rest are AWESOME. Esp. the Ange, Eloy and Weidorje. This is serious sh*t, my friend Don't come across those too often.
BTW, what was the cool 'tron tune going in the background - doesn't sound familiar to me ??

Edited by Tom Ozric - February 04 2016 at 12:23
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 15:39
Outstanding finds......man most of those are sooo hard to locate, here in the US those Eloy are treasured. What I find is normally the store owners will take those copies for their own.

Cub looks interesting, never seen that one before.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2016 at 15:43
Nice video by Technics interview with Steven Wilson and him playing some of his vinyl....As most know SWilson is a vinyl nutbag like us LOL. It's great he kept those rekkids from his childhood, I bought Out of the Blue when it came out, still have the original issue. I love that he gives props to Prince and Tears For Fears.

Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2016 at 07:37
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Great finds! I especially would like to have the Eloy albums, Alpha Centauri and Weidorje (is it the first pressing or the new reissue?). Did you listen to Cub already?

Thanks! I love Eloy, I just had the remastered CD which I hate! So glad about these albums, I still need some of them in my collection though.

Weidorje is a first pressing, quite hard to find, even in France! I found it in a second hand store among typical French pop artists, the cover is quite ok, the record has a few hairlines, I hesitated but for 15€, I took my chance and at the end, it plays very well!! It's the first great find of 2016 Tongue

Cub is a great dark atmospheric soundtrack by Steve Moore (Zombi), not as dynamic as Zombi but I love it anyway, I can't wait to watch the movie!!

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^^ Superb - just superb  - I don't have Eye (that one looks awesome), Cub or the MMEB (used to, but not anymore) - the rest are AWESOME. Esp. the Ange, Eloy and Weidorje. This is serious sh*t, my friend  Don't come across those too often.
BTW, what was the cool 'tron tune going in the background - doesn't sound familiar to me ??

Thanks!! Wink I'm not really aware about what is more rare in the USA compared to France or even Europe, obviously, Ange is quite common here but Weidorje not that much. Like Magma, it's not that easy to find them in a nice condition and at a good price!

The tune is an excerpt from my second album : http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=44536
I like using my music to avoid copyright problems...

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Outstanding finds......man most of those are sooo hard to locate, here in the US those Eloy are treasured. What I find is normally the store owners will take those copies for their own.

Cub looks interesting, never seen that one before.

Thanks!!
Cub is a really nice edition, I don't know how you call this in english but some of the parts of the artwork are shining, it's beautiful!

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2016 at 09:24
^ Are you Julien ??
Wow.......
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2016 at 09:40
Yes I am Handshake 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2016 at 13:55
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Nice video by Technics interview with Steven Wilson and him playing some of his vinyl....As most know SWilson is a vinyl nutbag like us LOL. It's great he kept those rekkids from his childhood, I bought Out of the Blue when it came out, still have the original issue. I love that he gives props to Prince and Tears For Fears.
I saw that on his FB page, it's indeed a nice video Thumbs Up Did you see his recent cover of Space Oddity? Smile

Originally posted by Anaon Anaon wrote:

Thanks! I love Eloy, I just had the remastered CD which I hate! So glad about these albums, I still need some of them in my collection though.

Weidorje is a first pressing, quite hard to find, even in France! I found it in a second hand store among typical French pop artists, the cover is quite ok, the record has a few hairlines, I hesitated but for 15€, I took my chance and at the end, it plays very well!! It's the first great find of 2016 Tongue

Cub is a great dark atmospheric soundtrack by Steve Moore (Zombi), not as dynamic as Zombi but I love it anyway, I can't wait to watch the movie!!
I'll have to get more too, I only have Inside on vinyl. Their covers deserve to be seen on a bigger size Wink

That's great! If it plays nicely you made a great deal, the cheapest copy on Discogs costs more than 30€ and it's only VG.

I imagined it would be somethin like that, Steve Moore's solo work is more atmospheric than Zombi. I'll have to give it a listen.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2016 at 14:02
It's rewarding to end the workweek by opening two packages of vinyl Approve

There's Gong in my country after all Tongue

I ordered this one last October and finally got it. All new copies.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2016 at 14:05
^  Excellent haul, Sam.  Thumbs Up
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2016 at 14:31
Originally posted by Anaon Anaon wrote:

Yes I am Handshake 
Wow ! Your tunes sound great - any thoughts of vinyl pressings (nudge nudge, wink wink) .......
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2016 at 14:41
Meltdowner,
Nice copy of The Nice....I found a used copy of that about a month ago at a used store that sold antiques. It was beat up with no sleeve and the dumb store owner was asking $15 for it. I told her there was no way I would play that on my table especially for $15....she looked at me like I was from Mars.
LOL
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2016 at 14:47
^^^ Outstanding Sam......That Traffic is excellent! And so is Platinum......

Sadly, I will be spinning a lot of Earth, Wind & Fire this weekend....With the passing of Maurice White this will be my mourning weekend of music Cry. An amazing musical mind, a genius at his craft.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 312>