Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2017 at 20:14
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

A few things from my 70s vinyl collection...

Robin Trower is an import single and they had the small spindle hole    

Don't think I have ever seen a Starz single 45.  Had there first 3 albumsThumbs Up.  Although still like the debut album the best.  Cool Chrysalis singles, espicially the Trower one!
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 00:28

[/QUOTE]

Very nice. No matter what the pattern, light blue and white is one of my favorite combinations of colored vinyl.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 00:30
^^  I have one other Starz single on yellow vinyl but there wasn't room to squeeze it into the picture. I also have Violation and Coliseum Rock but that's where I stopped.
The Funny thing is that I have five copies of the debut on yellow vinyl and four are still in shrink wrap. 
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 05:16

Lee Aaron, Helix, Honeymoon Suite. Star
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 10:38
^Damn, now you just need some Platinum Blonde and Luba.Tongue 

Seeing some of these funky looking vinyls inspired me to take a couple of crappy photos. 

A few of my Chelsea Wolfe albums. The one on top was meant to be orange and black splatter but was pressed weird I guess. There's this grey undercurrent beneath the some of the orange. Fits the atmosphere of the album though.

A lot of Newbury Comics exclusives are indie stuff I don't care for or oddball soundtracks, but sometimes they get it right. Having a clear 2xLP of Live at Fillmore is so cool.
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 11:07
^  That's a nice selection of colors  Thumbs Up
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 11:40

TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 14:51
I was mistaken, I have the first three Starz albums but it's Violation and not the debut that I have multiple copies of.

Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 19:25

Man some of your psych/stoner rock albums have the coolest vinyl. Really impressive collection!

Of course, I don't just collect LPs these days for the funky colored vinyl. I do have my fair share of famous classic prog acts.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 19:27
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

^Damn, now you just need some Platinum Blonde and Luba.Tongue 

Seeing some of these funky looking vinyls inspired me to take a couple of crappy photos. 

A few of my Chelsea Wolfe albums. The one on top was meant to be orange and black splatter but was pressed weird I guess. There's this grey undercurrent beneath the some of the orange. Fits the atmosphere of the album though.

A lot of Newbury Comics exclusives are indie stuff I don't care for or oddball soundtracks, but sometimes they get it right. Having a clear 2xLP of Live at Fillmore is so cool.

Very nice man!!
I do like clear vinyl ones......
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2017 at 21:00

Man some of your psych/stoner rock albums have the coolest vinyl. Really impressive collection!

Of course, I don't just collect LPs these days for the funky colored vinyl. I do have my fair share of famous classic prog acts.

That's a good cross section of classic prog for sure.
All of my classic prog vinyl is in my original collection. I keep the new vinyl (about 600 albums) on separate shelves. It's all released after 2000 and most of it is 2010 or newer.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 01:03

Exciter, Kick Axe, White Wolf, Bryan Adams, Heart.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 09:32

I like how you hid Debbie Gibson in there......LOL
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 10:28

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 15:14
^ Oh man, Elephant9 are BRILLIANT !! Nice to see
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 16:48
^   I discovered Elephant9 on this forum. A couple of members spoke highly of the band so I gave them a listen. 

Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 19:38
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I like how you hid Debbie Gibson in there......LOL
Yep, in order to possess a bonafied classic prog selection, I had to throw in some Debbie.

I always wanted to take one of those "photos that should never exist" type deals.Tongue
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 20:37
^ I treasure my Kajagoogoo vinyls as much as my Meshuggah vinyls (....... well, almost.....)
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2017 at 21:34
Originally posted by PhideauxFan PhideauxFan wrote:

The masters of thrash-metal !!! Wink

Nice, the green version of Ride the Lightning! Big smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2017 at 03:01
^^ Yes, the green cover of Ride The Lightning was a mistake of the french label Bernett Records (2000-3000 copies). Smile

MSG, Saxon, Judas Priest, Tokyo Blade, Raven, Heavy Pettin, Tank, Satan. Wink

Edited by PhideauxFan - February 28 2017 at 03:14
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 189190191192193 312>