Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2017 at 10:40
Nice order Tom! I was a metal head in the 80s but stuff like Maiden, Saxon, Accept, UFO, Krokus...Love my British metal. But yea it is child's play when comes down to Slayer and the like.

What has my interest of past several years is the rock of kraut, 'specially CAN. I was never a doper, pill popper but an occasional mary jane yea. CAN takes me full bore into mental bliss, sometimes I will stand and stare at my TT as the rekkid is spinning playing Augmn, Soup or the hypnotic You Doo Right. Damn that's some sh*t dude!! LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2017 at 19:09
I'm not sure if there is a better cover album than this one........The boys do these songs more than justice!

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2017 at 08:54
I never needed anything more than Psychedelic music Approve Got to agree with José, Can is particularly powerful Cool

Enjoy Stundum, Tom. It's truly great! I saw them last year but they were only selling it on CD, but it's better than nothing. By the way, I never heard that Banco album.
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 19:04
Here's a couple of picture discs I have:

The Immolation pressing was in 2009 and has that "sandpapery" undercurrent I kind of expect in regards to picture discs, at least from going by those I've heard growing up. But the Kyary PamyuPamyu disc from 2015 sounds utterly pristine. Has there been a major improvement in picture disc audio quality in the last 7 or so years I'm not aware of, or have there been high quality picture discs released back in the good old days?

EDIT: this robot thing is getting out of hand
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 00:47
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

Here's a couple of picture discs I have:

The Immolation pressing was in 2009 and has that "sandpapery" undercurrent I kind of expect in regards to picture discs, at least from going by those I've heard growing up. But the Kyary PamyuPamyu disc from 2015 sounds utterly pristine. Has there been a major improvement in picture disc audio quality in the last 7 or so years I'm not aware of, or have there been high quality picture discs released back in the good old days?

EDIT: this robot thing is getting out of hand

Good question....Picture discs from back in the day were usually bad sound quality as well as colored vinyl had a bad reputation.
Today on both I think it is almost night and day. All the colored vinyl I have is as good and sometimes better than the traditional black, I also experience less surface dust on colored vinyl.

I can only suspect improvement in mastering equipment and better QC at pressing plants.

And yes the robot thing is way out of hand, a week or so of it ok, but now it is a way of life here it seems. And to my knowledge nothing is being done about it from the PA techy heads??Confused
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 07:41

It's great because the season of yard sales (don't know how to call them, garage sales, flea markets?) has just started again here in France. It's nice to dig again early in the morning, searching for cheap great records Tongue

Edited by Anaon - May 03 2017 at 07:42
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 12:46
Originally posted by Anaon Anaon wrote:

It's great because the season of yard sales (don't know how to call them, garage sales, flea markets?) has just started again here in France. It's nice to dig again early in the morning, searching for cheap great records Tongue

Nice~!!!
Here across the pond call them yard sales or garage sales......
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 04:06

Compilation 4LP set from Bert 2000's (and last) era arrived today.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 06:28
Originally posted by Anaon Anaon wrote:

Nice finds! That last minute was heavy Tongue
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 06:43
A few national records I picked at the local fair:

I didn't know a single second off it but with a 9 minute opener and seeing Mini Moog and Crumar Multiman on the credits I thought it should be Prog-ish. I was wrong but it's still a nice Folk record.

Adding another genre to my collection, with a classic of our very own Fado. Just one guitar on each channel, seems great to test the level of detail of the system.

A kind of Prog obscurity, it was reissued for the first time last year, after 40 years. It's a bit immature but charming for that very reason.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2017 at 15:39
Just pre-ordered my copy, vinyl of course duhh! My original Capitol/EMI US version mastered at Sterling Sound, pressed at the Capitol plant in Jacksonville, IL is very good! But I have been wanting a new copy and now that this will get a remix from the original tapes by the master Steven Wilson, can't pass it up.

New Misplaced Childhood 2017 Deluxe Remasters
mc_490px.jpg

Following the demise of our old record company EMI, our first 8 albums were inherited by Warner Music. With our assistance, they have decided it’s time to bring those albums up to date.

The first album to get the makeover will be Misplaced Childhood. The package will include a 5.1 mix by Steven Wilson and a new stereo master taken from the original analog 1/2” tape. This will be used to make a new vinyl and CD version which we believe to be superior to the 1998 re-master.

There will also be a documentary video on the Blu-ray version about the making of the album featuring Marillion, producer Chris Kimsey and Fish, where we reveal some previously untold stories about the writing and recording of Misplaced Childhood. We hope you will enjoy revisiting this album when it’s released in July.  

It is available to pre-order now and Ian, Mark, Pete and Steve will be signing the first 1000 copies purchased from us: 

CD/Bluray version..

http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/misplaced-deluxeCD.htm 

Vinyl Box Set version..

http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/misplaced-deluxeVinyl.
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 04:52
My US loot. Smile
Two records in the first row were ordered through the net to where I stayed, in order to avoid high shipping costs.
John Greaves' Kew. Rhone. was purchased at Mr. Cheapo's in Commack, Long Island, Magic Lantern's Platoon was purchased at the Sound Garden in Baltimore, and Weather Report's I Sing the Body Electric I purchased at Academy Records in New York City.

Edited by ALotOfBottle - May 09 2017 at 04:52
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2017 at 11:09
Originally posted by ALotOfBottle ALotOfBottle wrote:

My US loot. Smile
Two records in the first row were ordered through the net to where I stayed, in order to avoid high shipping costs.
John Greaves' Kew. Rhone. was purchased at Mr. Cheapo's in Commack, Long Island, Magic Lantern's Platoon was purchased at the Sound Garden in Baltimore, and Weather Report's I Sing the Body Electric I purchased at Academy Records in New York City.

Hey!!!! Stop taking our rekkids Angry

LOL WinkClap
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 02:27
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Current order of vinyl :
BANCO DMS - Canto di Primavera
INGRANAGGI DELLA VALLE - Warm Spaced Blue
THE MUTE GODS - Do Nothing........ and Tardigrades.....
WHITE WILLOW - Storm Season and Future Hopes
PAPIR - Stundum _?
GONG - Rejoice
MARILLION - F.E.A.R........
MOONGARDEN - Voyeur
MOVING GELATINE PLATES - The World of Genius Hans
PICCHIO DAL POZZO - s/t and Abbiamo Tutti........
..........and WOBBLER - Hinterland (gold and blue vinyl.........
YAY ! This lot has arrived !!
Fun times.......
...........meanwhile, Tech/Extreme goes on hold..........

Edited by Tom Ozric - May 10 2017 at 02:33
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 09:23
^ Booooo!! No Tech/Extreme

Hopefully you got some pasta with that order! LOL
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2017 at 13:20
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2017 at 07:59
Hi !

Yard sales and record fair finds from the week end Smile

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2017 at 01:52
^ Lots of goodies right there
Anaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2017 at 14:00
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ Lots of goodies right there  

Thanks ! Very happy about the Ashra Tempel Tongue
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 09:34
^^^ That is quite a haul for sure  Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 207208209210211 312>