Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2017 at 19:59
In today's mail, all from Sundazed Music...

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited  (2001 black vinyl Mono reissue)
Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home  (2001 black vinyl Mono reissue)
John Mayall with Eric Clapton - Blues Breakers  (2011 black vinyl Mono reissue)

MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2017 at 22:39
I love video game music, so I had to have this!

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2017 at 06:43
(This is also posted in the `Recent Purchases' thread, sorry! )

Kraan's `Live' from 1975 (although recorded in '74), a very welcome surprise today at a local record fair.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2017 at 09:13
^ Nice pick-up, Mike
One of THE BEST Live albums you'll hear !!
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2017 at 17:04
This one finally arrived yesterday. It took a long time to get here.
Ruby The Hatchet - Planetary Space Child (2017)
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2017 at 17:42
Delivered today...

Living Colour - Vivid  (2012 European reissue)
Limited edition 180gm red vinyl No. 120 of 500 
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryGlibb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2017 at 01:30
^
co-incidentally, after an 8 year hiatus between albums...Living Colour's new album Shade has arrived in the post today. It's released standard as a blue and purple swirl vinyl...see here:

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2017 at 03:13
You gotta love the coloured vinyl these days - not only do they look great, the sound quality is top-notch (and they make an excellent album that little bit more awesome!!)
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2017 at 17:32
I just pre-ordered this bad boy!  Should get here in early November, although I think the album actually releases on October 20th.  And I'm sure I'm in the minority with this, but I hope this album is more in the vain of Rites At Dawn than their earlier albums.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it either way, though.

Wobbler - From Silence To Somewhere

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2017 at 04:55
When they said in the nineties, vinyl is going to disappear, I didnīt believe, I kept on buying all the records in vinyl that came in vinyl. And almost all outside Finland albums was released as vinyls too. Now I am really happy I did that.
Some christmas vinyls I have ordered:
YUP: Homo sapiens
Magma: Emehntehtt-Re
13th Floor Elevators: the Psychedelic sounds of...
John Coltrane: a Love Supreme
Sweet: Strung Up
Link Wray: Jack the Ripper
Nico: the Marble Index
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2017 at 07:39
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

When they said in the nineties, vinyl is going to disappear, I didnīt believe, I kept on buying all the records in vinyl that came in vinyl. And almost all outside Finland albums was released as vinyls too. Now I am really happy I did that.

Yup. Vinyl should not die! Vinyl offers a great alternative in audio quality compared to the CD of the last 20 yrs.
The CD of today has been b*****dized into this whole other medium where high compression rates with excessive digital processing reign glaringly as the main characteristics of today's CD pressings.
Gone are the days where the CD was treated with respect and had loads of dynamic range.
Vinyl has a DB range from 0-60 so it makes it more difficult to heavily compress or make a piece of music excessively loud causing your ears to bleed.

My advice. Keep buying vinyl to listen to today's music. Buy CD's pressed originally from the 80's to mid 90's and you are laughing. :)

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2017 at 23:21
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Yup. Vinyl should not die! Vinyl offers a great alternative in audio quality compared to the CD of the last 20 yrs.
The CD of today has been b*****dized into this whole other medium where high compression rates with excessive digital processing reign glaringly as the main characteristics of today's CD pressings.
Gone are the days where the CD was treated with respect and had loads of dynamic range.
Vinyl has a DB range from 0-60 so it makes it more difficult to heavily compress or make a piece of music excessively loud causing your ears to bleed.

My advice. Keep buying vinyl to listen to today's music. Buy CD's pressed originally from the 80's to mid 90's and you are laughing. :)

Well, I donīt believe vinyl is going to die at least next 100 years. I donīt think I have even 100 cd:s, but I have over 1000 vinyls (and going to buy more, there are many years for my last cd). Itīs possible vinyl will die when my generation dies, but on the other hand my daughter tell me about her age of guy who has started collect vinyls. I have always been more lo-fi guy than hi-fi, so vinyls has always been my choise.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2017 at 08:32
Picked up a used reissue vinyl of Space Shanty ($20) the other day and an If (6)album ($5)....at a local vinyl shop run by this kid who is into garage bands from the 60's.
Also bought some early jazz vinyl , Adderley, McCann, etc..$2 each.. at a local antiques mall....and found a copy of Citadel by Starcastle for $2.  ;)
A guy there has a nice collection of classic rock stuff to sell but never really has any old prog...man it's getting really hard to find old and obscure prog on vinyl.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2017 at 14:14
The Fixx~Reach the Beach
MCA MCA-5419 (1983)
Pinckneyville pressing ◈-P-◈ 

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2017 at 15:28
Marillion~Radiation
Madfish SMALP996 (2013)
Optimal Media GmbH pressing/cutting

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2017 at 14:10
^ Yay ! Jose - good see you again round these parts   
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2017 at 14:41
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Thanks Tom.......As you know it got a bit to funky Dead for me 'round these parts, had to take a good break. A music forum should be a happy place, not one of stress...

Happy New Year Bro!

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2017 at 14:45
Haken~Aquarius
InsideOut 88985386081
Mixed @ Spacelab in Germany

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2017 at 15:40
Marillion~Marbles 3-LP Set
Madfish SMALP1086 (2017)
Mastered at Super Audio Mastering by some great engineers.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2017 at 15:47
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Thanks Tom.......As you know it got a bit to funky Dead for me 'round these parts, had to take a good break. A music forum should be a happy place, not one of stress...

Happy New Year Bro!

Right back at ya’   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 312>