Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 13:02
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

^I have a friend who's been buying up the Wilson/PT vinyl  , etc....I like PT and Wilson..for the most part, but can't say I'm concerned about having the vinyl.

I still play more cd than vinyl because I'm in the car to work every day...I only play some vinyl on the weekends...and not too often at night since after dinner and some tv I'm ready for bed.

The Denon I bought is a 'cheap' one...automatic ....DP300F....I wouldn't have bought it but my old direct drive Onkyo stopped working.....think the motor gave up the ghost. I know very little about high end stuff and have always bought mid priced/lower end  but from quality companies. To be honest I have heard some very good stereos in the past and the difference to me isn't worth it for my budget.

My power to ya Smile. Its about the music anyhow, but I have always been into audio gear and hearing music at higher levels of quality is really immersive. You would be surprised at what is hiding in the grooves and even in the pits of CDs. I prefer hi-rez files than CDs just because there is more "info" in a 24bit file than a CD. 
I also have a couple DSD files and those are really nice, but they are expensive and huge files, to spend that kind of money I'll do physical media anytime...
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 19:21
Luckily I preordered the white In Absentia too...love it! Also, Voivod's debut was repressed with a number of colored vinyl options (including gold, red, purple) and I was able to preorder the steel blue/silver marble edition. Fits the album cover well, although for some reason I think my original vinyl back in the 80's had the band moniker written in grey rather than this blue-grey, but I don't remember for sure.

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 20:06
No interesting new pressings to report or anything, just this 70s album I was listening to. This is Chicago VII, by the way, side 1, which is all instrumental progressive jazz rock composed mainly by the drummer, atypical of their albums to that point. The remainder of the double album is more typical Chicago. Neat stuff.

Edited by HolyMoly - April 12 2018 at 20:08
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 20:34
Good album by Chicago......saw them do the entire second album on PBS tv the other night.
That looks like the same kind of Ortofon cartridge I had on my old Onkyo table.
:)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 20:42

Good album by Chicago......saw them do the entire second album on PBS tv the other night.
That looks like the same kind of Ortofon cartridge I had on my old Onkyo table.
:)
whoa, I would have liked to see that.
I’m a Chicago fan beyond where most dare to tread. I even sometimes venture into the double digit albums :D

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 21:01
^It might be on you tube.....it was a 2018 broadcast.....recent group and only 4 of the original members (Pankow, Loghnane, Parazadier... and Lamm ,,,,) , but it sounded very good.

Haquin
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 21:09

^It might be on you tube.....it was a 2018 broadcast.....recent group and only 4 of the original members (Pankow, Loghnane, Parazadier... and Lamm ,,,,) , but it sounded very good.

if those 4 are still on board, so am I. Thank’s, i’ll seek it out.

-Kehlog Albran
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 21:25
A link to PBS Soundstage
http://www.pbs.org/program/soundstage/
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 21:36
Yup...good album. Saw them in 2006 on the dbl tour with Earth, Wind & Fire.........great live band.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2018 at 23:05
Guys, what file-hosting site are you all using to post your LP photos? I've been snapping up a ton of vinyl over the last few months and I'd love to post pics of them on here, but last time I checked Image-shack and Photobucket are now wanting an annual fee for the privilege to do so!

Any sites others would recommend?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 14:39
What up Bro!! 
I use Photobucket to store all my LP pics. Flicker is another but I don't hear good things usually.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 14:53
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 15:26
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

What up Bro!! 
I use Photobucket to store all my LP pics. Flicker is another but I don't hear good things usually.

Ahh, thanks mate! I know Photobucket was limiting some access to photos, but if you use that, maybe I'll log back into it and try again! I hope it works, I've got a ton of things to post if I can!
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 18:40
I use Photobucket too, and it’s worked well for me. I usually have to resize photos (via a free online photo resizer/editor service) i take on my phone before I upload them to be posted here, or else the photos are annoyingly large.

-Kehlog Albran
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2018 at 08:37
Here's an installment of my match-ups from hell series:

The Hendrix orange vinyl I was able to get using a Newbury Comics gift card. I never actually owned this album on vinyl before, so I figured I'd get it in style! As for Jolin Tsai, the album was released in 2005 and like most pop,it's quite dated sounding already. Still, I really wanted a female mandarin voice in my collection (so pretty), and the purple translucent vinyl plus an album cover that stirs the imagination won me over.

Edited by Prog Sothoth - April 14 2018 at 08:38
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 00:48
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I use Photobucket too, and it’s worked well for me. I usually have to resize photos (via a free online photo resizer/editor service) i take on my phone before I upload them to be posted here, or else the photos are annoyingly large.

Hey, is that Earth and Fire Steve?! Good to see you around again, mate!

My Photobucket seems to get stuck when I try uploading pics, gets to 90% and then does nothing. Doesn't matter, I paid $18 for a yearly Imageshack account, all good. So here's the first attempt at posting some of my latest LP's in here:

Low Orbit are a stoner/heavy psych/doom/spacerock band, this is their second album `Spacecake' full of big plodding muscular Sabbath-like guitar riffs and long lethargic proggy instrumental passages! Love this album, very easy to keep re-spinning.

https://loworbit3.bandcamp.com/album/spacecake

Might be the best LP cover I've seen in a long time too!
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 11:04
Good to see you again too mang.

Now playing, from the Avant Bucket:

-Kehlog Albran
doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 11:46
Just picked up a really nice copy of Starless and Bible Black. Been hunting one down for a while.

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 12:20
^I have had it quite a while too, also with original inner (itīs quite often missing). Someday I will like to have also Larks Tongue with original inner, when I bought it, I didnīt know it has inner too.
doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 13:53
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

^I have had it quite a while too, also with original inner (itīs quite often missing). Someday I will like to have also Larks Tongue with original inner, when I bought it, I didnīt know it has inner too.
ugh. mine doesn't have an inner :( Ahh well. gives me another excuse to keeo on diggin.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 312>