Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2018 at 12:07
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the process of closing down the vinyl collection altogether including the turntable ... the sad part being that I have probably over 500 albums that are not available anywhere, and CD or artist information is from another planet!

At my age, with no house and on a meager SS income, I can not continue carrying that weight a long time anymore. 

One thing though ... all that stuff lives and is imprinted in my heart! Makes no difference to me if it came via vinyl, cd, cassette, or Mack truck!

Hi Pedro
I understand.......If you have desire to sell some of your vinyl I'd be interested. Pay you fair price as I don't resell my vinyl, let's say whatever Discogs lists based on the condition.
I have a pretty high end cartridge so not interested in vinyl that has not been taken care of or full of scratches and such....not worth the possible damage to my stylus.

José
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2018 at 12:12
Arrived yesterday......

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2018 at 12:14
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

^ that OSI album is awesome, looks cool, too Smile

Big gatefold covers rule!!
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2018 at 12:33
LOL you're funny dude. ^
I have a feeling Inside Out records will allow it . Vinyl is the best money maker for the music industry with regards to physical media. 
So glad you like the record and I have a feeling you have been enjoying 'Fractured' by Lunatic soul as well . Smile
I really like that album. Even on CD it is a decent listen .Good sub bass presence but not NIN's The Fragile good. ;)
Also. Check out Kevin Moore's Chroma Key if you haven't already .
You Go Now is an awesome listen....no vinyl love yet though. Confused
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2018 at 12:35
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Arrived yesterday......

I saw this record being offered in blu-ray audio .
You like this album?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2018 at 13:31
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Arrived yesterday......

I saw this record being offered in blu-ray audio .
You like this album?

I just finished spinning it......I do. More to the melodic side than say harder, but it has some really nice moments. Try As I Might, Far Below, White Mist and Shed A Light are excellent. Classic TPT, Gavin's drumming is fantastic!! His kick bass pressurizing the room nicely, so excellent deep bass on this release.

I only have Chroma Key on digital as well as LS....
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2018 at 16:08
A little shopping this morning.......Already made about $50 on the CAN album, pretty much paid for most of this shopping trip..woohoo!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2018 at 22:46

A little shopping this morning.......Already made about $50 on the CAN album, pretty much paid for most of this shopping trip..woohoo!

Haha! Cool brother .I do not mind a little Prince myself sometimes. I have Purple Rain (original 1984 sound recprding) and the 1989 Batman soundtrack . Love it dude. Enjoy my friend . Cool Haul .it will be a very DNR day for you .Wink
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2018 at 10:52
Thanks Nick, spun all of these and it was a great week of listening. I have two copies of Hotel California, but not in great shape. This one was super clean VG++++ condition maybe even NM. It sounds amazing!!

Prince is by far the most versatile artist ever, he is a musical genius. What he did and recorded is brilliant, he covers a lot of genres. Once you get passed Purple Rain, which is amazing, the writing, performance and production of his other albums is genius. 
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2018 at 10:44
I heard a groovy Heatwave song on the radio a few weeks ago but I forgot to check them out. Thanks!

What's that Can album, by the way?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 12:54
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

I heard a groovy Heatwave song on the radio a few weeks ago but I forgot to check them out. Thanks!

What's that Can album, by the way?

Love me some Heatwave, reminds me of the old disco/R&B days growing up, nostalgia for sure. But Rod Temperton was a brilliant writer and producer, he made his fortune and fame with Michael Jackson and Thriller, which he wrote along with most of the songs on that album.

That is CAN~Soundtracks.....original pressing with different cover art. Very sought after version........Love it!!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 12:59
Saw Haken on Tuesday night in Seattle, really great show. It was a small venue so the volume was really loud, hard to hear the vocals well. Leprous played also and never heard them but for one song on YT, a really good show also, more electronic style so the music was better to follow along, the cello player was awesome!

Picked up the new Haken album Vector at the show. 

Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2018 at 18:12
A few recent coloured grabs:

Bauhaus, Paul and Dilinger Escape Plan. My first lilac album. Whoohoo!
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2018 at 23:45
^ The Dillinger vinyl looks INSANE !!!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2018 at 12:29
The new one is very good.....Much harder edged, heavier playing especially with guitars. Haken is taking their sound to a more thrashy metal sound, hard drumming and vocals. Side II with Veil and Nil By Mouth is pretty sic!
This album will make traditional proggers squint and profess their desire for the band to return to The Mountain or Aquarius styled music.
Prog can be dumb...LOL

Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2018 at 21:19
Ooh, now I'm curious about that Haken album. Screw tradition!

As for the DEP album, my fav is actually Calculating Infinity, but I had to pick one, and damn, the coolness of the Ire Works vinyl was no joke. Yeah, I do love Ire Works too, but ya got me...the look of the vinyl these days has almost as much pull. Calculating Infinity had a cool vinyl, but not cool as Ire Works.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2018 at 23:22
^ My Calculating Infinity vinyl is..............BLACK !!!   Mad album though.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2018 at 10:16
Excellent album

One of their best

Brilliant guitarist, but man I just lose interest in this music quickly...something must be wrong with me :)

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2018 at 10:46
^ To be fair, that's not Hackett's finest moment. He played a couple of tracks off it when I saw him last May and it made no impression, unlike "Every Day" ;)

By the way, do you think there is a good reason for Haken's latest being a double LP, besides the etching on side D? The album is so short.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2018 at 14:03
^ Yea just 6 songs like 45min or something. Could have been one LP but dbl is fine. From a mastering viewpoint it gives the engineer more room to work with regarding groove width and low bass frequencies that can take up a lot of room.
This is why some 70's records can sound a bit thin, especially ones that are 50-55 min total.

I dearly enjoy Hackett's playing but I struggle enjoying his solo albums in general, I guess that is my main point.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 220221222223224 312>