Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 17:34
Alright......I mean no disrespect, but the politics needs to stay on that horrid political thread if you wanna state your ideas and thoughts.

Many of us on this one wanna keep it about our love of all things vinyl! Clap
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 21:19
Yay, my new Edenbridge arrived in beautiful blue & black vinyl. Each member also signed the inner gatefold...sweet.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2019 at 23:12
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

Yay, my new Edenbridge arrived in beautiful blue & black vinyl. Each member also signed the inner gatefold...sweet.

What is that color, looks like dark blue....?
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2019 at 03:55

Some of my more valuable records, the Floyd is a bootleg and the gentle Giant is a NM Japanese pressing with the Japanese lyric sheet inside. Got a good deal paid 25, goes for around 60 on discogs.

Edited by dougmcauliffe - November 16 2019 at 04:00
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2019 at 07:24
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

What is that color, looks like dark blue....?

Yeah, it's dark blue with black smoke. Here is the autographs in the gatefold...

Here's a fun one I have, Japan's first bigtime all girl metal band Show-ya's second album Queendom (with the black/white photo insert with the lyrics in the back) from 1985. The album cover is hilarious, and half of the songs are cheesy fun AOR with plenty of chintzy synths and good guitar solos. Thing is,the other half of these songs are pure speed metal rippers, nothing like the cover would imply...like Helloween with a Japanese girl singer.

One of the most oddball albums in my collection!

Edited by Prog Sothoth - November 18 2019 at 07:44
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2019 at 21:48

Interesting Gatefold... NAME THAT ALBUM
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2019 at 02:10
Prawn Farts
What?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2019 at 12:09
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

Interesting Gatefold... NAME THAT ALBUM

That's too easy on this forum LOL It's an album that many hate/dislike, Peter's vocals don't help....but I always enjoy the record. Thanks for posting it, I'll spin it tonight!

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2019 at 10:26
Image result for peanuts records
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2019 at 12:25
I was hesitant about that Pawn Hearts pressing since it was mastered from the digital remaster but I have no complaints, sounds great to my picky ears! Gonnna spin again tonight!
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2019 at 13:34
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I was hesitant about that Pawn Hearts pressing since it was mastered from the digital remaster but I have no complaints, sounds great to my picky ears! Gonnna spin again tonight!

Then you have a 2000's reissue if it is cut from digital files, which done correctly can still sound amazing. My copy is mastered and cut at Bell Sound Studios in NY, they closed in late 70's. Mine is on the later Charisma label with mad hatter it's a mid 70's reissue.
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2019 at 07:12
Got the Swedish version of the new Opeth album (can you tell it's the Swedish version?LOL), plus Sasami's solo debut (pretty adventurous shoegazy rock album).

Edited by Prog Sothoth - November 26 2019 at 07:12
Sgt Pepper View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Pepper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2019 at 02:42
This is one fantastic album. Chasing The Monsoon-No Ordinary World

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2019 at 07:12
It's been a while since I last posted here, although I didn't buy many records this year. Last week was the exception though, I went to France and Germany on vacation and returned with a luggage full of LP's (and some CD's). Most of them were really cheap, I even bought some to replace my copies.

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 00:19
^ Sam, cannot believe you bought CDs!! Shocked LOL

Looks like a nice haul
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 00:44
Great haul, Sam....Ange's `Caricatures' alone is a f**king mad score!
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2019 at 03:22

^ Sam, cannot believe you bought CDs!! Shocked LOL

Looks like a nice haul
LOL One of the CD's was Banco's "Io Sono Nato Libero", I've been wanting that for a long time. It's a non-remastered early 90's reissue. It sounds really great. It's the only I heard so far since I didn't have to clean it first LOL

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Great haul, Sam....Ange's `Caricatures' alone is a f**king mad score!  
Yeah, I'm particularly proud of my French Prog finds Big smile That Laurent Thibault LP starts at 50€ on Discogs and I got it for 15.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 14:14
Arrived today from across the pond.........LP1 is red, LP2 is blue

Pressed by Optimal Media GmbH......brilliant sound quality, mixed by Michael Hunter.

Edited by Catcher10 - December 06 2019 at 14:15
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 14:17
Also arrived........a present to myself! LOL

Edited by Catcher10 - December 06 2019 at 14:20
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2019 at 14:30

Also arrived........a present to myself! LOL

What an awesome present.  What do I have to do to get on your "present giving" list?

LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 312>