Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 22:05
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

Tom: sorry to hear about your dad; losing a parent sucks. No other words or perspectives needed.

For my collection, a lot of it was funded early on by selling all my thrash & death metal cassettes I bought in the 80's and early 90's...I was surprised how much folks were willing to pay for them. Now I still buy vinyl, but not as often since I have a lot of the essentials pertaining to my tastes now. I've also started selling vinyls that I had bought willy-nilly back in the early '10s but don't listen to anymore (or in some cases, even like). It works out okay since many limited edition versions I had grabbed went up in value.

A couple I bought via Bandcamp on that "fee waving" day.

Tomb Mold & Hatchie together at last.
Sweet looking rekids....
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2020 at 22:19
Originally posted by dougmcauliffe dougmcauliffe wrote:

I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of Dream Theaters Awake, all their albums go for around $30-50, sometimes even more and that's a bit stiff for me. 
I have one of the limited edition numbered splatter versions that came out like 5-6yrs ago. I paid $30 from  Brookvale Records when they issued them.......Now worth about $80. 
These are excellent sounding records too pressed by GZ Media in Czech Republic, originally mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound.
The $39+shpg on Discogs might be the best deal, albeit for a black version, doubt you find a sealed copy.

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 07:42
Picked these up about two weeks ago at a local Antique Store. the owner had gotten his hand on a collection and this was part of the last batch he got. Both 1st edition releases and in VG++ to NM condition. I talked him down to around $20 CND ea. as I bought about 10 titles from him on this visit. I think I bought a total of 30-40 LP's from this collection overall.

Edited by JD - July 12 2020 at 09:00
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 08:24
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I'm trying to get my hands on a copy of Dream Theaters Awake, all their albums go for around $30-50, sometimes even more and that's a bit stiff for me. 
I have one of the limited edition numbered splatter versions that came out like 5-6yrs ago. I paid $30 from  Brookvale Records when they issued them.......Now worth about $80. 
These are excellent sounding records too pressed by GZ Media in Czech Republic, originally mastered by Ted Jensen at Sterling Sound.
The $39+shpg on Discogs might be the best deal, albeit for a black version, doubt you find a sealed copy.

Ah Lucky! The lowest on dicogs at the moment is 40$, perhaps in coming months amazon will be able to help out.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 11:28
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Picked these up about two weeks ago at a local Antique Store. the owner had gotten his hand on a collection and this was part of the last batch he got. Both 1st edition releases and in VG++ to NM condition. I talked him down to around $20 CND ea. as I bought about 10 titles from him on this visit. I think I bought a total of 30-40 LP's from this collection overall.

Nice!!
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 12:29
I am curious about what high value albums people here have in their collection.
About a month ago I finally went on Discogs site and filled in my spreadsheet with Release/Cat # info as well as approximated value based on what I could see.

This is my most valuable apparently. Around $300 US I believe. I consider it Mint because only the first LP has been played and only once on each side.
What are yours??

Edited by JD - July 12 2020 at 09:00
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2020 at 12:45
Every time I see the word "disaster" I just have to read it in Bernie Sanders Voice. DISASTAH!! LOL
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 10:16

2 of my favorites lp's of all time....bought them when they came out..heh I'm old ,,,but you can find them in  antique shops sometimes..
Thumbs Up
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 10:19
My 'friend' is holding a n original copy of Amon Duul 2.. Lemmings for me...at least that's what he said.
Haven't talked to him for over a month since the Plague got bad.
;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2020 at 22:19

I am curious about what high value albums people here have in their collection.
About a month ago I finally went on Discogs site and filled in my spreadsheet with Release/Cat # info as well as approximated value based on what I could see.

This is my most valuable apparently. Around $300 US I believe. I consider it Mint because only the first LP has been played and only once on each side.
What are yours??

Nice JD! Be very careful with Discogs and your catalog you need to make sure the one you are adding to your collection is the one you have. The big issue is the stampers for example -1A/-1B, the mastering engineer etching, pressing plant ID, country of origin...so on. It can be daunting to match your version to one in a list on Discogs, which of course will affect its value.

For me my Riverside albums SLS, REM and ADHD run from $150 to $300 (all these bought for $30ea). My Mofi Santana Abraxas runs about $270 ($40), Porcupine Tree Anesthetize I was offered $350 ($120).....Some of my crazy ones you would not think of: IQ RoB runs $230 ($50), LTE II $200 ($30), Haken Mountain $120 ($25), CAN Soundtracks $100 ($15)....I have many more.

A few CDs that again for some reason have a high value: Eric Clapton 4CD Boxset Crossroads $325 ($30), Styx Paradise Theater $80 ($15). I bought both of these on initial release dates, the Styx CD is a Japan mfg/print and that is the reason.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 16:21
^I'm well versed, but thanks for pointing that out. You'd be surprised how long I've spent staring through a magnifying glass trying to read that..Is that a 3 or an 8, no wait it's a B...or maybe the engineers initials??? Wacko
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 16:27
The most expensive vinyl I own is probably the eponymous (and only) album by the early 70's Danish band Pan (with the French singer Robert Lelièvre). It cost me DKK 1500 (218,73 US dolllars).
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 20:58

^I'm well versed, but thanks for pointing that out. You'd be surprised how long I've spent staring through a magnifying glass trying to read that..Is that a 3 or an 8, no wait it's a B...or maybe the engineers initials??? Wacko
LOL......True dat
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 21:05
Originally posted by The Anders The Anders wrote:

The most expensive vinyl I own is probably the eponymous (and only) album by the early 70's Danish band Pan (with the French singer Robert Lelièvre). It cost me DKK 1500 (218,73 US dolllars).
Is it this version on Discogs?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 21:22
I sure hope that comma is supposed to be a decimal point.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 22:24

I sure hope that comma is supposed to be a decimal point.
It is LOL....Many countries use commas. His buy price makes sense if it is an original pressing from 1970 Denmark issue. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2020 at 22:33
I think the most I paid for a single used album was Porcupine Tree~Signify original press on the Delerium Records label 1996. Paid $65 for it about 4yrs ago, it is NM condition both record and sleeve, its also a PORKY PRIME CUT. At the time I knew Discogs had a $80 value on it.
Valued at around $125 now.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 05:52
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by The Anders The Anders wrote:

Is it this version on Discogs?

Yes, it's that one.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 06:09
I think I paid 40$ for A Drop Of Light by All Traps On Earth. Judging on the price of some of those Anglagard records now, I might have made a good investment no plans on selling that one any time soon though
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2020 at 06:44
Btw. it puzzles me that Pan aren't on Progarchives. I clearly hear it as progressive rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 312>