Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Michael P. Dawson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael P. Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 16:53
You can order the Travis & Fripp album Discretion from Theo Travis's website in your choice of purple, mint green, or clear vinyl.

Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2016 at 18:45
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^^ Nice finds! I recently got into Blood Ceremony, it's cool band. I really need purple vinyl as well Big smile

Yeah, this new Blood Ceremony is their best yet IMO. They always had that vintage vibe down, but the songwriting itself has really taken off with this release. The 'purple' vinyl was quite the bonus as well. Now I really need an orange vinyl next!

And Pastmaster, Tyranny is my fav BOC album so that was quite a grab considering its pristine condition. Usually at stores the BOC albums available are scratched to hell and the cover a shredded mess, at least going by my luck. I guess BOC fans back in the day weren't keen on caring for their LPs. The Agents of Fortune new reissue has some duds (like "Sinful Love"Dead) along with really good stuff, but the colored vinyl opportunity couldn't be denied.LOL

Edited by Prog Sothoth - June 03 2016 at 18:48
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2016 at 07:41
Originally posted by Prog Sothoth Prog Sothoth wrote:

Yeah, this new Blood Ceremony is their best yet IMO. They always had that vintage vibe down, but the songwriting itself has really taken off with this release. The 'purple' vinyl was quite the bonus as well. Now I really need an orange vinyl next!
I had the impression the new one is very different. I'll have to get some of their albums eventually.
I don't have full orange but orange/black:

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2016 at 08:05
New LP's I heard recently, I'm taking my time to hear my recent purchases:

The nice debut of this French Electronic duo. It sounds quite dated nowadays, but I used to listen to this music on cassette when I was 4/5 years old so it has sentimental value Smile

Great early album from Vangelis: dark, Jazzy, Psychedelic Cool I also love the cover even if it has nothing to do with the music Tongue

One of the very few 70's Prog bands from which I reallt enjoy the 80's output... most of it anyway Tongue Another great sounding first German pressing Smile I find odd that it comes with a really nice sci-fi short story written by Frank but they didn't make a concept album out of it.

And I have a copy of Taļ Phong's debut now. I didn't notice how sweet it is before, too much Solina and vocal harmonies, but it rocks on many occasions Tongue
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2016 at 10:18
^  Very nice, Sam  (I need to get use to your new avatar Smile)

BTW...I received an email from Sendelica this morning and they have several of their albums back in stock.
If your interested check out their Bandcamp page. I ordered two this morning.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2016 at 10:36
^ Thanks! Well, it's not very different from the Space Art cover. I really liked this Japanese alternative cover of Edgar Froese's Stuntman, it's better than the original, in my opinion.

That's nice, it looks like they'll sell everything this week... I really don't want to spend more on records this month Embarrassed
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2016 at 11:19
^  You know, you could buy one album and then just eat every other day for the next month.  Big smile

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2016 at 11:24
LOL
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2016 at 10:02
Look what came in mail today! Big smile
A brand new 180g reissue of Moving Gelatine Plates' self-titled debut!

Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2016 at 14:32
^ Awesome !! There's also a translucent Pink vinyl of previously unreleased material available on 'Monster Melodies' records. It's a beauty.
I'm still chasing Genius Hans as LP.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2016 at 14:56
Nice albums guys!!! 174 pages of the best thread on PA.....well maybe about 130 pages, some I wish we could delete LOL.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael P. Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2016 at 20:45
Just scored this one from eBay after hearing Ramsey's version of "Slippin' into Darkness." LOVE this cover. This copy was actually still in the shrink-wrap, but it has some light water damage along the open edge, which I may be able to clean up a bit.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 00:16
^ I like the cover too
What's it like ??
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael P. Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 00:35
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ I like the cover too
What's it like ??

Very cool!!! Mellow-funky soul jazz circa 1972, with Ramsey mixing Fender Rhodes and acoustic piano. Besides "Slippin' into Darkness" there's a fine version of "People Make the World Go Round," an awesome take on "Concierto de Aranjuez," and a surprisingly churchy "Put Your Hand in the Hand," as well as some more outside/third stream moments on side two.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 02:52
^ That's the 'Put your hand in the hand of the man .....across the water' ?? That's how I remember it from many decades ago........
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 07:21
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Nice albums guys!!! 174 pages of the best thread on PA.....well maybe about 130 pages, some I wish we could delete LOL.
Indeed LOL More 174 will follow Smile

There was a big flea market in town and I found a seller that buys records so I got rid of a lot of vinyl in bad condition or that I didn't like (goodbye Meat Loaf and VdGG LOL). I sold my copy of Nursery Cryme, I'm thinking about ordering Nick Davies' remix. My vinyl collection is cleansed now Tongue

I got another batch of Italian Prog on vinyl Big smile

My favourite album of 2015. I already had the CD but I couldn't resist buying this limited hand-numbered edition Embarrassed It was good to compare though, I really like the sound of the bass guitar (mixed very low on CD), drums and violin, it's livelier. However the keyboards sound better on CD (if you look at the enormous amount of keyboards in the credits you can see it's really important LOL), they kind of get buried by the bass. I think the problem is the amp here, I'll need to get one with more natural sounding bass. Hmm, I'm unhappy with my system, the upgrade bug is back LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael P. Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 08:00
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ That's the 'Put your hand in the hand of the man .....across the water' ?? That's how I remember it from many decades ago........

"The man who walked the water"...part of the early '70s vogue for Jesus songs, around the same time as "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "One Toke Over the Line."
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 08:06
^ I don't think I've heard that song since the late 70's !! I think the folks were still listening to AM radio......on the 'wireless'
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael P. Dawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 08:14
^ Before cranking up the ol' Victrola!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 11:17
Originally posted by Michael P. Dawson Michael P. Dawson wrote:

Just scored this one from eBay after hearing Ramsey's version of "Slippin' into Darkness." LOVE this cover. This copy was actually still in the shrink-wrap, but it has some light water damage along the open edge, which I may be able to clean up a bit.

Nice one......Love Ramsey Lewis, Sun Goddess is my fav album by him. But I am a huge EW&F fan so makes sense. Actually many call Sun Goddess an EW&F album, with Ramsey playing with them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 312>