Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 18:43
Indeed! There were other more obvious choices but I felt the urge to take this one. The cover is hypnotic Tongue
Argonaught View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 18:46
^ I have had The History of "i" (if that's what it's called) for quite a while .. it's very festive indeed Thumbs Up

Edited by Argonaught - December 18 2014 at 05:41
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2014 at 18:50
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

^ you see, I have this strange fixation on keeping the dust cover down when a record is being played. I feel like if I left the cover up all the evil dust particles from within a 10-mile radius would swoop down upon the record 
I'm the same way!
But I'm trying to change that.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 17:20
Small haul from shopping yesterday in Tacoma record stores......My "collection" buy is the PT~Signify album which is an original 1996 issue in mint++ condition...I paid money for it, but had filled my store punch card and got a 20% discount..woohoo!!

Other highlights:
Earth Wind & Fire is a half speed master, my original issue is played to death, so it was good to replace it.
Talking Heads..great album!! I continue to add to my Nektar collection, the others were in VG++ condition so could not pass them up.....it was a good day!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 17:36
Great haul! Clap
That PT album and Caravanserai are great Big smile
What is that Santana album on the right? Ermm
Looks like we have that Kansas album in common now Smile

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 17:48
^^ On the tenth day of Christmas my record store sent me:
Ten Talking Heads,
Nine Jethro Tulls,
Earth, Wind and Fire,
Carlos Santana

---- blah --- blah ---- blah --- 

And the Signify by Porcupine Tree
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 17:51
LOL ... and another LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 17:55
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

^ I have had The History of "i" (if that's what it's called) for quite a while .. it's very festive indeed Thumbs Up
I knew you had it! Big smile The concept is quite optimistic as well Smile
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 18:56
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

Great haul! Clap

That Santana album is a greatest hits album.....my wife put it in my stack because she liked the cover LOL She likes doves...She does like Santana too. We have seen him live 2x and she has a pr of boots that are designed by Carlos Santana.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 19:11
On the subject of Santana, I was with the ladies at Macy's dept. store yesterday, and they were looking at shoes (like they do) - there was a designer range of ritzy shoes and boots by Carlos Santana
Anyway - that PT album is on 'Delirium' records eh ? I originally bought a copy years ago for next to nothing - dirt cheap - it just had some crap adhered in the opening track, and a heavy, visible scuff. The sticky sh*t could be mostly removed but it's still noisy, and the scuff doesn't come through. I ended up replacing it with the expanded version which was issued a few years later. When an album is that good, it needs to be 100%.......
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2014 at 19:24
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

On the subject of Santana, I was with the ladies at Macy's dept. store yesterday, and they were looking at shoes (like they do) - there was a designer range of ritzy shoes and boots by Carlos Santana
Anyway - that PT album is on 'Delirium' records eh ? I originally bought a copy years ago for next to nothing - dirt cheap - it just had some crap adhered in the opening track, and a heavy, visible scuff. The sticky sh*t could be mostly removed but it's still noisy, and the scuff doesn't come through. I ended up replacing it with the expanded version which was issued a few years later. When an album is that good, it needs to be 100%.......

Correct......Delerium DELEC LP045D. Just played LP1 and sounds fantastic, a tick here and there but I have not cleaned it well. No scuffs or anything...small scratch but not audible. The bass is super nice, my 2011 reissue copy on Kscope is much quieter and the remix is better and better pressing overall as it is a DMM process.

But again I bought for the collector value, its in mint+ condition.

Ha! Those are the boots she has...
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 08:50
^ K-Scope did a fantastic job with the re-issue. I have to mention as well that the Delirium copy I have - album 1 is 180-200 gram and mega-thick, and record 2 is the average 140 gram.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 11:28

^ K-Scope did a fantastic job with the re-issue. I have to mention as well that the Delirium copy I have - album 1 is 180-200 gram and mega-thick, and record 2 is the average 140 gram.

I agree the Kscope is amazing......my Delirium is 140g I think.....but will check tonight when I get home
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 13:04
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Great haul! Clap

That Santana album is a greatest hits album.....my wife put it in my stack because she liked the cover LOL She likes doves...She does like Santana too. We have seen him live 2x and she has a pr of boots that are designed by Carlos Santana.
Oh ok, that's why I never saw that one. Santana designing boots? I didn't know that Tongue
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 13:09
Well, that PT re-issue goes to my LP wishlist Big smile

I wish they would re-release the original Up The Downstair though Ermm
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 16:00

Well, that PT re-issue goes to my LP wishlist Big smile

I wish they would re-release the original Up The Downstair though Ermm

I think Deadwing is next....people have been begging for that one Clap. UtDs was just re-released with Gavin on some drums.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argonaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 16:36
^ Should I be hoping that one day PT might issue an abridged version of FOABP, that is Side B and Side D on one record? Just to be rude: the longer Wilson keeps his trap shut, the better for my sensitive soul Wacko

Something like 'Anesthetize Recurring' Double EP? 

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 18:11

Great haul! Clap

Oh ok, that's why I never saw that one. Santana designing boots? I didn't know that Tongue
My guess is that he's financing some designers as long as his 'brand name' is on the boots. He's gotta put his riches into something. Or it's some cartel's idea of a ruse........
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 18:16

I agree the Kscope is amazing......my Delirium is 140g I think.....but will check tonight when I get home
I'm thinking my original was a faulty copy....it cost me £5 from some respectable record mob in the UK about 15 years ago. They said it wasn't perfect. Anyway, the updated version is what I play occasionally.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2014 at 20:18

UtDs was just re-released with Gavin on some drums.
That's why I said original: in my opinion the programmed drums are what makes this album so special and I can't feel anything when I listen to the re-edition... except wanting to listen to the original Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 312>