Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 312>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2014 at 18:37
Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

Since I am just getting started in vinyl... I decided to buy an entry-level turn table from a little company called U-turn. They began from kickstarter with the goal of "An all-analog turntable for today's vinyl listener. High-performance playback, attainably priced." and  "cutting the cost of high performance playback in half."  They manufacture all their tables by hand.  The quality is supposedly unbeatable for the price, the only problem is they are so popular at the moment, there is a two month wait list before it arrives.  I don't know if you guys have heard of them before?  I'm not sure if it was wise to get one rather than putting up the money for a mid-level table.  Reviews so far have been good though, excited to get it near the end of March!

http://uturnaudio.com/turntable-store/orbit-plus-turntable

Welcome bloodnarfer!! I have heard of that table and the company story. It does look like a nice entry level table and the price is right for those just starting out......Be aware that the vinyl bug will hit hard and you will get upgradeitus LOL....Enjoy the table (when u get it) and have fun searching the vinyl bins, that is half the fun!

Cheers!
bloodnarfer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 00:51
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by bloodnarfer bloodnarfer wrote:

Since I am just getting started in vinyl... I decided to buy an entry-level turn table from a little company called U-turn. They began from kickstarter with the goal of "An all-analog turntable for today's vinyl listener. High-performance playback, attainably priced." and  "cutting the cost of high performance playback in half."  They manufacture all their tables by hand.  The quality is supposedly unbeatable for the price, the only problem is they are so popular at the moment, there is a two month wait list before it arrives.  I don't know if you guys have heard of them before?  I'm not sure if it was wise to get one rather than putting up the money for a mid-level table.  Reviews so far have been good though, excited to get it near the end of March!

http://uturnaudio.com/turntable-store/orbit-plus-turntable

Welcome bloodnarfer!! I have heard of that table and the company story. It does look like a nice entry level table and the price is right for those just starting out......Be aware that the vinyl bug will hit hard and you will get upgradeitus LOL....Enjoy the table (when u get it) and have fun searching the vinyl bins, that is half the fun!

Cheers!

I've already got the bug I think!  I've been scouring vinyl bins and buying tons of stuff even though I don't have the table yet!

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 16:26
^ Good looking start for sure!! I have not had luck finding H to He, those VdGG are underground albums around these parts and do not show up much, when they do they get swiped up pretty quick.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 20:02

^ Good looking start for sure!! I have not had luck finding H to He, those VdGG are underground albums around these parts and do not show up much, when they do they get swiped up pretty quick.

luckily, my favorite record store is run by a couple guys that are huge VDGG and Yes fanboys so they seem to be pretty well stocked! They were playing TFTO the first time I walked in!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2014 at 22:57
^ Nice, solunds like a great store. One store I go to the owner loves country twang and is always playing some old drunk sounding country bumpkin strumming his 6 string........My God those vocals just drive me up the wall!! Last week I had to leave I could not relax and flip thru bins.

But that is just me.......
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 00:07
^ - Yep, country bumpkin toons are not cool. Not only are they bland, but worse........
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frippism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 01:47
got myself Mogwai's Rave Tapes with my brother :D

really cool vynil packaging
There be dragons
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 16:28
Originally posted by frippism frippism wrote:

Nice frippism!!! How is the sound quality of that one?
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2014 at 16:30
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

^ - Yep, country bumpkin toons are not cool. Not only are they bland, but worse........

It was the darn vocals....guy sounded like a very drunk, smoker, geezer Neil Young/Merle Haggard.....It was horrible.
frippism View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frippism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 04:21

Originally posted by frippism frippism wrote:

Nice frippism!!! How is the sound quality of that one?

I'll tell you in a week when I'm back home :-D didn't actually have the time to listen to it yet
There be dragons
smartpatrol View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2014 at 16:54

Just got St.Vincent’s new, amazing album in the mail. Comes with a free digital download, which I always love when they include that. Gonna spin this bad boy soon!

Edited by smartpatrol - February 25 2014 at 16:54
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2014 at 20:59
^ Nice!!!
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2014 at 05:12
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloodnarfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 11:00

^ Nice, solunds like a great store. One store I go to the owner loves country twang and is always playing some old drunk sounding country bumpkin strumming his 6 string........My God those vocals just drive me up the wall!! Last week I had to leave I could not relax and flip thru bins.

But that is just me.......

My girlfriend loves modern country music so I hear plenty of that Dead Its bad.  Oh well, I'm starting to get used to it.

Also, nice st vincent there, Smart!!

Edited by bloodnarfer - February 27 2014 at 11:02
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 11:17
Vinyl-wise, I'm still waiting for Godot.... I mean Hubardo.  Cry

Edited by HolyMoly - February 27 2014 at 11:17
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2014 at 11:43
me as well :(

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 13:14
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Vinyl-wise, I'm still waiting for Godot.... I mean Hubardo.  Cry

Kayo Dot~Hubardo 3LP Set

This one sold out quickly but only a few hundred were pressed.......if this is waht you are referring to.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartpatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 14:06
yep. still waiting for mine
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2014 at 14:15
Yeah, I pre-ordered it last April.  The digital download version of the album came available in September, and the vinyl copies appeared in November.  They just haven't gotten around to mailing them all out yet.  It'll come eventually.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2014 at 08:11
Some classics of 70's-80's hard-rock. Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 312>