Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSyd Arthur - Canterbury or what?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syd Arthur - Canterbury or what?
    Posted: December 03 2013 at 17:21
Has anyone else listened to this band? 

I'm stuck in the north of Ireland (not on the itinerary). 

This band feels sooo Canterbury to me. A breath of fresh air. Have I got my wires crossed: i don't understand what cross over really is.

Would love to hear comments and opinions from you awesomely erudite bunch before I spend my hard earned cash on a trip over the Blighty.

Plenty to see on youtube. ode to summer dorothy etc ... anyhoo very interested to hear why I'm talking rubbish.
An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 19:55
Great band, they are probably modern rock with a hint of Canterbury. Enjoying it a lot.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 21:35
Well, Syd Arthur was added to Crossover in October 2011: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=81223, and http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=6762. Indeed, it appears you have actually reviewed three of the four releases yourself! This section of the forum is for members to suggest bands/artists who are not yet in the database, but whom they believe deserve to be added there. I think the most appropriate forum to have started this particular discussion would have been the Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation forum, & I expect admins will move it - either there or to another more suitable part of the forum - in due course. Ermm
obiter View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 21:47
Good Oh! 
It does not "appear" anything  -   I have reviewed them: hence I am making this post because I have reviewed them. Glad to know THIS section is for some subtly different matter, Great to know the thread can be continued somewhere else.   Procedure is so much more important than substance, I feel appropriately snubbed. Maybe I should just stick to reviewing, 
obiter View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 22:02
Read the thread ,,, hardly deep analysis ... more a sort of well yeah ..... hmm I'm not sure reckon we'll go with this. and after all that it's 2011 ... before most of the material. 
So I reckon this is  valid thread : but hey, don't let that my ill-informed view get in the way of procedure. Shove it along wherever you want.
I'll end my one day of posting and stick to reviewing after this. I've learned my lesson.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 22:23
Hey, steady on! - There's nothing wrong with your thread at all apart from your choice of where to post it. It just seemed to strange to me that you were apparently suggesting a band for addition that you'd already reviewed on the site. I was merely pointing out a more appropriate part of the forum for you to initiate this sort of (perfectly valid and worthwhile) discussion for future reference. As I said, it will probably be moved anyway, and I expect people will add to it, and most likely agree with your analysis.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 23:47
I like what I have heard on you tube...no idea where to put them as far as style but there is certainly Canterbury influence there.
Cool
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply