Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Question for PA Collaborators & Genre Team Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuestion for PA Collaborators & Genre Team Members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2013 at 21:56
Originally posted by zravkapt zravkapt wrote:

Originally posted by schizoidman schizoidman wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.2;"> </span>
RPI is a sub genre that I have yet to explore in a serious way. I've heard bits and pieces of PFM but have never returned to them. Just not feeling it yet, I guess. And the funny thing is....both my Mom and Dad are Italian! LOL

I too started with PFM and was turned off that sub for awhile. Then I heard Banco n Orme and I liked them a little more. Later I discovered the likes of Area, Il Balleto di Bronzo, Franco Battiato, Goblin & others and they just blew me away!

After I've finished immersing myself in RIO/Avant and Canterbury Scene I'll try to start on RPI.

Making the useless useful 24/7.
schizoidman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2013 at 22:00
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Anathema - Weather Systems is the only album that has blown me away in recent years. This kind of mix of heavy prog and post rock was something I didn't even know existed. Throw in a bit of New Age with the heavy artillery and I'm 'there'.
Best recommendation I've had for an album released not that recently is Pallas - Dreams Of Men. A modern neo prog masterpeice if ever there was.
A newish band that should get way more attention is The Three Monks. Pipe organ + ELP/Ars Nova style heaven for me.

schizoidman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2013 at 22:03
Originally posted by Chris S Chris S wrote:

Great topic. Funny I get quite jealous when I read some youngster has just discovered Camel, Caravan or Genesis for the first time......and they have the novelty of experiencing their entire catalogue for the first time. Really sucksAngry

Approve

I've been lucky enough to be able to do that last year with the Weather Report catalogue and Carla Bley, Caravan and Big Big Train this year.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12