Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Worm Ouroboros (Belarus) for Eclectic Prog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 07:19
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Not added yet.
Eclectic Team would be ashamed in this case!

(...)
There are some suggestions that are being evaluated for years, PA's wheels are working slow sometimes, (....)
I know that the eval process sometimes takes a long time and I have no problem with that.
However, I'm afraid that this is a different case.
Admin said this in his post from February 23, 2014 

Quote Originally posted by Gulbamsen

^It'd be nice, if you could check the eval process before you post something like this Diego. Had you taken out the time to read the latest posts in the eclectic thread, you'd have seen that this band is cleared for inclusion
We're all on the same team here.

So the eval process did not take much time in this case.
The band is cleared and it's not nice to go half a year that is not added yet to the database. It's not good for the site imo.

Hello Svetonio.

I don't mind evaluating the two dozen bands you find each week on bandcamp.  But you need to be cognizant of three important things: 

First, this is all volunteer work by people who are not employees of M@X, and thus have careers, families, and other interests outside of this site.  Activity ebbs and flows, and that's especially true of our team.  Is that a failing?  Perhaps.  But I don't care if it is.  I like my wife, kids, projects, games, cooking, books, and beer more than I do this site.

Second, at one time, this site did not allow (or was reluctant to allow) artists without a physical product or a label.  I went to the mat regarding that, because I believed that the way people consume and experience music would eventually make labels obsolete or at least less relevant, and I think we are seeing proof of that now.

Third, and most importantly, it is very easy to suggest a band.  Everyone does it.  Lots of people do it- people other than you.  What most suggesters sometimes don't do is provide biographical information, photos, and things that would make the job much, much easier.

In this very thread, Sagichim said he was working on a biography after having contacted the band.  I (as the now highest ranking member of the team) don't like to step on toes.  If someone volunteers for something, I leave him to it.  If you needed an update, did you PM him?  Or me?  Was it necessary to tell everyone how ashamed we ought to be?

By the way, I am not at all ashamed.  We have finally recovered from a five-year backlog, having lost a few dedicated members.  That was not easy.  I am actually celebrating.

One way of handling a lack of graciousness is to systematically reject every band you suggest henceforth.  But I won't do that.  You see, I know lots of other things not good for the site too.  Stern Smile
Clap
Speaking as someone who used to be part of the New Bands team, I appreciate what a time-consuming task it is. Is it perhaps time to consider whether PA wants to list every single vaguely prog band in the history of the universe (which Svetonio seems to be intent on) or whether we should be more selective.
There seems to be a lot more suggestions in the New Bands forum than there was in my day. Adding this lot is a never ending task, I can't help wondering if there's not a better way.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 09:31

Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Not added yet.
Eclectic Team would be ashamed in this case!

(...)
There are some suggestions that are being evaluated for years, PA's wheels are working slow sometimes, (....)
I know that the eval process sometimes takes a long time and I have no problem with that.
However, I'm afraid that this is a different case.
Admin said this in his post from February 23, 2014 

Quote Originally posted by Gulbamsen

^It'd be nice, if you could check the eval process before you post something like this Diego. Had you taken out the time to read the latest posts in the eclectic thread, you'd have seen that this band is cleared for inclusion
We're all on the same team here.

So the eval process did not take much time in this case.
The band is cleared and it's not nice to go half a year that is not added yet to the database. It's not good for the site imo.

(...)

Second, at one time, this site did not allow (or was reluctant to allow) artists without a physical product or a label.  I went to the mat regarding that, because I believed that the way people consume and experience music would eventually make labels obsolete or at least less relevant, and I think we are seeing proof of that now.

(...)
The Worm Ouroboros' Of Things That Never Were the album is released on well know label AltRock/Fading Records. Physical CD is available
This is a top quality progressive rock, as everybody can hear as well. Consenquently, this is 100% PA material.

So your above quoted argument is invalid.

Edited by Svetonio - August 01 2014 at 09:47
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 09:37
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/phpBB-3.0.11/phpBB3/images/smilies/smiley-angry035.gif

My point was that it wasn't too long ago that the vast majority of your suggestions would not have been taken seriously.  But never mind.  I'll make sure this band gets added today.
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 09:45

(...) I'll make sure this band gets added today.
Thank you. That's all I ask of you guys.    
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 10:05
Added.

If anyone wishes to replace the biography with something more satisfying, go for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123