Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Justin Hayward The Moody Blues David Minasian DVD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJustin Hayward The Moody Blues David Minasian DVD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Justin Hayward The Moody Blues David Minasian DVD
    Posted: January 17 2014 at 13:52
Hi all: 
I know I've been off the prog scene for awhile (been very busy with lots of projects). But I wanted to tell you about a new project I'm working on. Back in August, my video crew and I captured Justin Hayward live in concert in Atlanta on the final stop of his solo tour. On this tour, Justin was backed by 2 veteran Moody Blues sidemen (women) - Alan Hewitt on keys and vocals and Julie Ragins on keys, percussion and vocals; along with newcomer Mike Dawes, guitarist extraordinaire. To say it was a magical night would be understatement. The lack of drums made for a more intimate show, however the dual keys and dual guitar approach made for an incredibly lush sound. There were some truly great surprises in the setlist which included things like Land of Make Believe, New Horizons, it's Up to You, along with rearranged versions of Nights in White Satin, Question, etc. In addition to the concert, we also followed Justin around on tour filming lots of behind the scenes events. What an experience. The DVD should be out, according to Justin, possibly this spring. 

For those interested in my follow up to Random Acts of Beauty, we did begin recording back in June, but I had to take a break to concentrate on Justin's DVD. It looks like there will be 2 new DVD projects coming up right away as well, but then I hope to get back to finishing up the new album (which will likely have a few very high profile guests) soon thereafter for a 2014 release.

Cheers;
David Minasian

Edited by DavidMinasian - January 17 2014 at 15:15
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2014 at 08:57
Hi David . I like Random Acts Of Beauty so will check out your next album for sure.

Good ole Justin Hayward. Nice chap. My Dad did some work for him many years ago and he (Hayward) wrote a very nice letter in response to thank my Dad. Justin comes from my home town of Swindon btw.

Edited by richardh - January 18 2014 at 08:58
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 21:36
Thanks for letting us know David.  I look forward to hearing your next album!
Second Life Syndrome View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2014 at 22:53
Wow, I want to see that DVD.  It sounds like something that shouldn't be missed!
theprogmind.com
DavidMinasian View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2014 at 16:54
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2014 at 17:08
The DVD is issued by Eagle Rock, who uploaded this sample from it to YouTube back in July:

Very nice! Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply