Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFaint Signal (US): Crossover Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faint Signal (US): Crossover Prog
    Posted: February 08 2014 at 12:51
Faint Signal is a Cincinnati Ohio based Prog Rock band founded by Henri Eisenbaum and Randy Campbell. Veterans of the Greater Cincinnati music scene, Randy Campbell and Henri E. have played in several bands, including Screaming Mimes, Ruff Midget, Now For Then, .357, Beat Treatment (just to name a few).

Influences include King Crimson, Yes, Muse, Rush, Genesis, Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd, XTC, ... and many more.

Their debut CD was released on 1st January 2014, funded by a successful indiegogo campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/faint-signal-s-debut-album-release-campaign, from where this was taken:

"In a nutshell, we are a progressive rock outfit that met in Cincinnati, Ohio through a unique set of circumstances. The music produced has been a labor of love influenced by bands we grew up on ... Yes, Genesis, Kansas, Rush, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Peter Gabriel, etc.  We've been likened to the modern sounds of Porcupine Tree, Tool, Lifesigns and Spock's Beard to name a few. This album is a compilation of musical ideas that have been brewing for the past 25 years. Thanks to a resurgence on the musical scene of progressive rock, we were inspired at this time to bring this album to fruition.

We are the only original modern progressive band from Cincinnati, the Queen City.  We're not saving the world here ... just your ears.  YOU will be helping to continue the resurgence of the prog rock genre. Not only in Cincinnati, but throughout the globe."

Tracklist:
1. The Sun Closed Its Eyes (4:17)
2. Fall and Swallow (7:10)
3. Images (3:59)
4. By the Look in Your Eyes (4:27)
5. The Reveal (5:10)
6. R.F.I.D. (The Final Mark) (4:34)
7. Seems to Me (4:52)
8. Concrete Soldier (5:18)
9. There's Enough Dirt Here (4:20)
10. Faint Signal (3:51)
11. Reality Show (4:12)
12. I.G.K.Y.A ! (3:05)

Total Time 55:15

Line-up:
- Henri Eisenbaum / guitars, keys, vocals, percussion
- Randy Campell / vocals, basses, pedals, keys
With
- Paul Roberts / keys
- Kevin Coil / percussion

The whole album can be listened to here: http://www.reverbnation.com/faintsignal#!/faintsignal/songs

Smile
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2014 at 16:12
Sounds like it has some promise, I'll bring it to the crossover boys.
 Post Reply Post Reply