Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJHIMM - NEW ARTIST - Maybe Crossover?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: JHIMM - NEW ARTIST - Maybe Crossover?
    Posted: February 14 2014 at 09:03
                                               Between the Waves cover art    

I'd like to propose this artist that seems not to appear into PA database. It seems not to be present even into suggestion thread, if it doesn't is so please report...      

He calls Jason Himmelberger and appear with "Jhimm" pseudonym. His debut album Between The Waves was release on January the 10th after more than 20 years of music experimentation and professional participation. He is a keyboardist nad write and record all his creation in his home studio. 

There are many influences from Pink Floyd to Genesis and Peter Gabriel. This is a kind of Steven Wilson alter ego (in my opinion) with many shades to symphonic music and songwriting. It's a pleasant listening that makes you some old connection to prog with a strange aptitude for creation. I mean that is an eclectic artist intelligent and never predicted and a multi-instrumentalist! Try to listen to him...

Lyrics and Music by Jason Himmelberger 
All instruments and vocals by Jason Himmelberger

OTHER INFORMATION:

Per Fortuna C’è Sempre Qualcuno Che Pianta Le Querce Senza Preoccuparsi Di Vivere Troppo A Lungo Per Raccogliere Le Ghiande
Utnapishtim View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2014 at 09:04
Tracklist:

01 Outside the Box [00:07:10]
02 Different Eyes [00:05:12]
03 About to Fall [00:06:40]
04 Part of Nothing [00:06:44]
05 Between the Waves [00:03:23]
06 Waiting for the Tide [00:02:28]
07 Everyday Dying [00:04:41]
08 Falling Down [00:06:41]
Per Fortuna C’è Sempre Qualcuno Che Pianta Le Querce Senza Preoccuparsi Di Vivere Troppo A Lungo Per Raccogliere Le Ghiande
jhimm View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2014 at 09:39
Hi Utnapishtim,

Thank you for mentioning me and my album, Between the Waves. I'm glad you enjoyed it. If there's any information you need from me, please let me know.

Thanks
jhimm
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2014 at 11:13
Originally posted by jhimm jhimm wrote:

Hi Utnapishtim,

Thank you for mentioning me and my album, Between the Waves. I'm glad you enjoyed it. If there's any information you need from me, please let me know.

Thanks
jhimm

Hi Jhimm...congratulation for you work that I find really interesting. I am only a member, so I only report what I found on the web, but as soon as collaborators and sub-genres teams will have time sure they will evaluate your album...

If you can post here some link where is possible to purchase your CD.

jhimm View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2014 at 11:49
Absolutely.

This is my short bio:
"Jason Himm is a Connecticut based independent musician who writes and records in his home studio in northern New Haven county. Jason is a keyboard player and has been experimenting with recording for over 22 years and has worked professionally with many local and national acts. His influences stem from the progressive rock genre and include artists such as Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd and Genesis among others."

All vocals, drums, keyboards, guitar and bass on Between the Waves were performed and programmed by Jason Himm.

The album "Between the Waves" is jhimm's debut album and was released in January of 2014.
You can find the album at the following online stores

Itunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/between-the-waves/id808856687

Amazon Mp3
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I8AEFSC/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp/186-6983255-0896744

Bandcamp
http://jhimm.bandcamp.com/

CDBaby
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/jhimm

...and streaming sites such as Rhapsody and Spotify

Thank you very much for listening and remember to support independent artists.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2014 at 07:14
This other song is really beauty and warmth...

Fractal Mirror View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2014 at 08:18
I can absolutely second Utnapishtim's suggestion of giving Jhimm a place on Progarchives. Between the Waves is an excellent album which deserves more interest. I think Peter Gabriel's solo stuff is a big influence on the album. 
Thefisherking View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 08:40
JHimm Between the Waves is wonderful. It's a mellow prog album. In the vein of Gabriel, Duke era Genesis, Floyd and even Parsons touches. Modern reflections to me include the softer side of Steven Wilson and Billy Sherwood. 
I think the execution is very well done. And the production is on target. But what really grabbed me were the songs. 
The songs are very compelling melodically. Not complex. But still prog. I found myself craving more listens to some of these songs and that is what the goal is right? You always want someone to get it. Well I got it. 

Super album. And I usually look through all these indie progger posts as I am in that group so I enjoy hearing what peers are up to.  I enjoyed Salt in Spirit, Machines Dream, and a few others. But this one is my fav find so far. 

I bought in on iTunes. Supporting the cause! Independent prog brothers!!

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2014 at 08:49
This artist hasn't yet been picked up by the team (nothing on progfreak), so any Crossover team members passing through...?? Embarrassed
jhimm View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2014 at 20:49
Thanks Fishy and everyone else in this thread. I appreciate the support.

Jay
avenger View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2014 at 08:38
Keeping my brother on the top of the forum....

Great album. I listen to it daily.  He whole album is great. 

Peace!!
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2014 at 10:50
A timely 'bump' indeed, Patric. Thumbs Up   The artist has now been added to progfreak.com, and the evaluation in Crossover is underway.  You can follow its progress here: http://progfreak.com/Jhimm-158742.html?path=pa/recent. Smile
jhimm View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2014 at 20:44
Hi all,

I'd like to thank you guys for your support. I've been playing and writing since I was 13 (41 now) and I just recently started attempting to sing and write "songs". The singing needs a lot of work, I know. But I'm hoping with more confidence and more practicing and a sh*t ton of processing, my voice will get better. It was a recent conversation with echolyn guitarist Brett Kull that inspired me to even release this stuff. A simple question from him, "So what is your plan with this album?". Before then I was uploading to Soundcloud and basically giving it away to anyone who would listen.Then I put it up on Bandcamp and I believe it was the third sale (of not very many) that was the suspect that put it up on the p2p file sharing sites. At first I was a little pissed. I mean it wasn't a scumbag record company bigwig they were stealing from. It was a middle-class guy with a daughter attending a college there was no way he could afford without creating a boatload of debt. But as it turns out, I was dead wrong. Because now my album was being listened to in Russia, China, the Philippines. And I was getting requests for album reviews from France and England. And Greek Youtubers wanted to do videos for my songs. And I'm sure all of this is possible because of p2p. Most importantly, I've been privileged to meet some wonderful, caring, creative people ( I'm looking at you Fishy) with whom I can talk about great music and maybe create some in the process. This is starting to sound like an acceptance speech. Lol. It's not. I'm just humbled by the support from my fellow prog lovers, of whom most are way more talented and deserving than I. This seemed like as good enough place as any to gush so there you go. Thank you and I hope one day I can get the opportunity to return the favor.

Best regards,
Jay

Edited by jhimm - March 27 2014 at 20:45
avenger View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2014 at 08:34
Hey J....nice post.
I agree...that spreading of your stuff thru parts of the world is so cool.. I would hope the same once I get in the game w my stuff(and our stuff too!)....just having people LISTEN and get it is like the holy grail. 

Don't knock your vocals. They are good. Better than lots actually. It's not just range that makes good vocals...it's character of the voice...timbre...how appealing the voice is in a melody...and most importantly how it fits the songs. 
You ace all those. 

About to Fall is the song of the month for me. Gives me chills....the Dark Side guitars...the solitude in the vocal line...the lyrics are introspective...the melody is suitably melancholy....just a beautiful song. 

Rock on prog brother....I bet that side project your working on with that dude from Texas is gonna be cool! 😃👍 

Peace
The fisher king
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2014 at 22:29
Very nice.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
jhimm View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 14:45
Hey, just wanted to update you guys. I got an email today confirming my addition to the progarchives database. Thank you Utnapishtim for spreading the word and to the others in this thread for the support. You guys rock.

Warm regards,
Jay

AsFollows View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 21:11
Stellar music!
jhimm View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 21:33
Hi all,

I put an older instrumental album of mine from 2006 called Cycles up on Soundcloud. It's my interpretation of a life from Birth to Death. My goal at the time was five 10 minute songs and I came pretty close. A little indulgent but that's what prog is all about, right?

Linky...
https://soundcloud.com/jhimm/sets/cycles-2006-instrumental-album

Thanks a lot,
jhimm
 Post Reply Post Reply