Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Unsigned Bands
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anderberg Home for The Musical Disturbed-improvs.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnderberg Home for The Musical Disturbed-improvs.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anderberg Home for The Musical Disturbed-improvs.
    Posted: February 22 2014 at 22:57

From about 1987 to 1992, myself and two others friends decided to start a band that concentrated solely on all improvisational music. We never tried to become professional, we just did it for fun. All of our sessions were recorded in a home studio, which resulted in hours worth of recordings. Ten years later one of those friends, who had all of the tapes, almost threw them all away when another fellow member said “Don’t, give them to me.” He started to listen to the old tapes, and was amazed at some of the spontaneous music that was created and that came out of nowhere. He then started to edit the sessions, give them names and convert them to digital format. In 2002, CNET had a music posting website where anyone could post their music. We posted five tracks between 2002 and 2004, when the website shut down. We were in the improvised music section of the site, and by 2004 enjoyed the highest amount of downloads in that section, with well over 15,000 people listening. The Editors of the site would give short reviews of what they liked, a luxury not afforded to others, but did include us. Here is what they had to say: EDITORS PICK: “As you listen to these songs, you may ask yourself ‘Am I losing my mind?’ And while the group plays bizarre instrumental music, they don’t lose site of the rhythm, and they might just take you into hypnotically interesting, if difficult musical territories.” Since the site shut down, we have not posted any tracks publicly. One of the members recently stared to experiment with videos and he started to post on You Tube. He asked me and the other member of the band if we wanted to post any of the old sessions with video? Myself and the other member had recently listened to former King Crimson drummer Michael Giles and his Mad Band, who improvises in a similar fashion. We realized that we did this years before his band, although the improvisational aspects of King Crimson was always a big influence on us. So, here are five tracks, different ones than the CNET posts, with videos. Some may like them, others will say it’s complete sh*te! Remember, it’s pretty rough and raw, but none the less, here they are. And there will be more to follow.     

Edited by Dennis - February 26 2014 at 11:47
"Day dawns dark, it now numbers infinity"
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2014 at 13:33
It's the most rewarding way I know for a band to engage into music and discover amazing "places"...I'm not fascinated by vulnerability but yes I enjoy the tensions between smooth and harsh ! The second and third are my favorites.

Edited by jayem - May 06 2014 at 07:27
 Post Reply Post Reply