Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Disapointed with In Elvenlands, bye The Fellowship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDisapointed with In Elvenlands, bye The Fellowship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disapointed with In Elvenlands, bye The Fellowship
    Posted: March 02 2014 at 20:33
I just bought the album "In Elvenlands" by "The Fellowship" on ITunes. As a matter of fact, I would rather have gotten a phisical copy as usual, but I had looked for it before on Amazon and didn't find it, so I thought I might just as well give it a try. The thing is, I had read it included Jon Anderson on a few tracks (actually, it is listed within Anderson's discography on this site), but non of the vocals on the album sounded like his. Now, I checked out reviews and the tracklist and so on, and actually, the album I got came listed as "second edition", and for some very strange reason it seems this guys decided to drop the 4 songs Anderson contributed with, and put some other songs instead (it actually has more songs than the original edition). It's not to say the album was bad at all, on the contrary it is indeed a great listen, if that's what you want to listen to (completley acoustic folk or medieval music, with no traces of rock whatsoever), but for what I have read from the reviews of this album, Anderson's songs were among the most interesting, and I feel I'm missing an important part of what made this album interesting. Anyone else has heard this album, on either edition? And what do you think about it? Anyone has an opinion about how much I'm actually missing because of those Anderson songs?
 Post Reply Post Reply