Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Palefeather (Sweden)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Palefeather (Sweden)
    Posted: March 03 2014 at 02:03

Palefeather: s/t (Sweden-2014).
Maybe the revelation of 2014 in instrumental progressive music. For fans of Pink Floyd, Landberk and post-rock.
http://newprogreleases.blogspot.fr/2014/02/palefeather-palefeather.html

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 22:47
Getting great reviews, but still only the two samples publicly available. Belongs on the site for sure, but is this enough to evaluate? Thought I'd bump the topic anyway... Embarrassed 
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 01:14
It is very strange that nobody likes/knows this band on this site. Confused
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 05:41
Nobody with access to the collab zone has picked this up yet - that's the problem. I'm sure there will be other people on the site who know the band and like them (me for one Tongue ).

Anyhow, the full four-track album is on spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/1AbFHS87VoN6Ze1bGB02e8 Smile so no reason they can't be evaluated now!

Edited by yam yam - August 09 2018 at 09:25
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 07:54
It always helps if you specify the sub-genre you think it might fit in your title - this way it has more chances to get picked up Thumbs Up
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 09:38
It's a mixture of Psychedelic and Post Rock in the main, so perhaps a little hard to specify a definite sub. The suggester did mention Post Rock in the text of his post, but as you say, no member of any particular team is likely to take much notice without their sub being prominent in the topic title.

I was hoping someone like Gulle or Uwe (who both tend to chip in with their thoughts when somewhat vague suggestions like this are posted here) might run his ears over it and make the decision on where it might best fit for us. Embarrassed
BeNNder View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeNNder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 11:36
They call their genre - Atmospheric rock music
https://www.facebook.com/palefeatherband/info
BeNNder View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeNNder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2014 at 11:42
"Palefeather" is a project which was formed by :
Bjorn Pettersson (In Mourning, Majalis) on guitar,
Pierre Stam (In Mourning, ex-October Tide) on guitar, bass, & keyboards,
Robin Bergh (October Tide, Aoria) on drums & percussion.

http://www.grande-rock.com/reviews/palefeather-palefeather
katatonia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katatonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2014 at 02:46
well the whole album is out now and I gave it a listen completely.I think better to be categorized as the same with Airbag.it hasn't enough space that post rock bands do have.but a good band. 3.75 stars
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2018 at 08:59
Well...Four years or so later...Is it worth giving this one another shot? Ermm The band made it safely into the prognosis database: https://www.proggnosis.com/Artist/11843, but not here as yet.

Anyhow, they now have a progfreak entry: http://progfreak.com/Palefeather-171038.html, so if either of the two teams mentioned wants to take things any further, now's yer chance! Tongue

Edit: The spotify link in my previous-but-one post just won't work. No matter how many times I try to edit it, the resulting hyperlink always results in a change of the capital 'N' as shown in my post into a small one, and thus it returns an error when you click on it. The same thing keeps happening if I try to embed it here in this post too. Ouch

I have to use Internet Explorer 11 to post here, since using Chrome I just cannot get past the dreaded captcha...any time of any day...no matter how many times I try, and IE11 is an unsupported browser for the spotify web player, so maybe that's why it keeps screwing up when I try to embed the link. Sorry folks ...You'll have to copy and paste the text shown in my previous-but-one post (NOT the underlying hyperlink) to get the spotify page to open. Angry

Edited by yam yam - August 09 2018 at 09:43
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 07:07
To be safe from the craptcha, when you get the error go one page back and retry. It works.
About the band, I'm not sure about Post. They may fit but maybe Xover wants to give 'em a first try...then feel free to toss them to Post.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 11:01
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

To be safe from the craptcha, when you get the error go one page back and retry. It works.

Yeah, I have to do that with IE11, and the post always goes through on the second attempt. With Chrome I could sit here all night going back one page and retrying...and I'd still be trying when the sun came up in the morning if I was barmy enough to persevere lol!
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 12:36
Try refreshing the page. Ignore the message and resend.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 14:31
Trying that now...Here goes...
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2018 at 14:32
Lol! It posted without a craptcha at all...Wonders will never cease!
 Post Reply Post Reply