Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWolve-NeoProg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wolve-NeoProg
    Posted: March 03 2014 at 18:31
Hi,

We are a neo prog band from Paris, France.

Here is our Debut Album
https://wolvemusic.bandcamp.com

Hope you like it. Enjoy  !
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 15:58
This isn't what we at progarchives would really class as Neo Prog - it's more a mixture of Alternative Rock with Heavy Prog. However - it's a fine album you have here, and you might want to consider suggesting your band for inclusion in the archives. See http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=96630 for guidance on how to make an official proposal to have your band checked out by the New Suggestions team. Thumbs Up
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 16:16
I've taken action on this one. Making a brief reappearance in here while I'm battling a flu and unable to follow up on my reviews.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2014 at 16:54

Thanks Olav. Thumbs Up

Hope you are feeling better soon my friend.  Smile

Edit: Already under evaluation in Crossover, with a 'yes' vote in the bag too! http://progfreak.com/Wolve-158675.html?path=pa/recent. Approve

Edited by yam yam - March 10 2014 at 16:57
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2014 at 12:58
Cleared already! That didn't take long at all! Approve

Mr. Wolve: - Maybe you could post a little info about the band here that the team could use for a biography (or send it in a private message to the Crossover team leader kev rowland)? All we have from facebook is:

"Wolve is a French rock band from Paris. Formed in 2013, the line-up included guitarist and singer Julien Sournac, Bassist David Dutoit, drummer Sacha Lounis & guitarist Alexandre Aguilera", and a bit of help from you would probably speed up the addition considerably. Smile

As a guide (taken from this thread in the 'Help us improve the site' forum:
    1. Introduce the band name and genre
    2. Elaborate on the date of formation and the home town
    3. Give a list of the founding member or members if possible
    4. Explain band beginnings (ex: "they played live for 10 years before releasing their debut album in 2003")
    5. Explore their career - well-established bands may have a lot of this material, but often for new bands this may be a sentence or two or not exist at all. Make sure to mention line-up changes, significant changes in style, or other important events.
    6. End with a conclusion that elaborates on the style of the band and bands with a similar sound or obvious influences.
  • Biographies should be about 2-3 paragraphs. New bands may only have bios of a few sentences while older bands may have lengthy biographies.
Cheers! Smile

Edited by yam yam - March 13 2014 at 12:59
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2014 at 22:13
Originally posted by Wolve Wolve wrote:

Hi,
We are a neo prog band from Paris, France.
Here is our Debut Album
https://wolvemusic.bandcamp.com
Hope you like it. Enjoy  !

I'm liking what i am hearing so far. Thank you.
Further analysis to come later.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2014 at 22:20
AddedThumbs Up
Wolve View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2015 at 08:54
Hi there,

several months passed since , sorry for the delay. Here is our biography and little more informations if you want. 
Is it be possible to change our band's photo? There's some on our website www.wolve.fr.

WOLVE (progressive rock - post rock), Paris France. 

Album summary : 

WOLVE tells a journey that leads man to his animal side.
Where would Wolve go? Through the trees, in the ocean, far away amongst the shooting stars... deep into the heart of his prey. While the leaves of Cassiah float beyond the shores of a vast Ocean, high in the sky the Colors Collapse...
Born to cross borders, explore territories, Wolve tells that story through an immersive and instinctive music.

About : 

WOLVE, a wild pack with an instinctive approach and performance.
Julien Sournac's artistic vision is an uncompromising quest for authenticity.
Unburdened by labels, he infuses his riffs in 90's alt-rock, can unplug his amp and pick up an accoustic guitar when it is the best way to sincerely represent his feelings in the moment. It is thanks to this approach that "Sleepwalker", WOLVE's first album written by Julien Sournac and co-produced by Brice Chandler, has been lauded by the media (Music Waves, Neoprog, French-Metal, Koid’9, Soil Chroniques, CORE&CO…).

Dreams are voyages, from nothingness to a far away nowhere.
"Sleepwalker" is the chronicle of this voyage in three parts, at the limit of REM sleep.
With ink diluted in jazz and ambient, WOLVE puts to paper and record the lives of its character on an inexhaustible palimpsest.
The wolves howl and the Sleepwalker doesn't wake up. Not completely at least...

The band's live formation, centered around Julien (guitar and voice), is completed by Alexandre Aguilera (guitar), Hugues Lemaire (bass) and Simon Lemonnier (drums). WOLVE chases its prey climbing towards the top of a wall of visceral sounding guitars, until it falls down into the ocean, lulled to sleep by the undulations of a final candenza.

This singular pack has opened for Fish and Arena, at the Ninkasi Kao (Lyon) and the Divan du Monde(Paris), before being invited to the famous Prog'Resiste festival in Belgium, without ever letting go of its initial desire: to play ever more and continue moving ahead, ever closer to the hearts of its prey.

You can listen to the entire debut album, read some reviews and interviews, download press-kits, chat with us on the forum, and many more athttp://www.wolve.fr (website will be officially launched in a few days)

bandcamp : www.wolvemusic.bandcamp.com 

Thanks a lot for your reviews and comments ! 

Alex
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2015 at 09:10
The current leader of the Crossover Prog team is Roland113 - maybe you could send him a private message with the new info...? I'm not sure that he will spot it down here in the Welcome Artists forum.
Wolve View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2015 at 09:18
Thanks a lot Yam Yam ! I send a private message to Roland now :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply