Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2014 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 37>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 00:30
Yeah all the Cowboys "fans" have come out of the woodwork this year. Hopefully this one puts a lot of them back. 
I mean true fans are fine but we all know coast to coast the US is plagued with bandwagon Dallas fans. Steeler and Packer fans come out as well when those teams have success, then hide otherwise, but Dallas is the wooooooooorst!

Giants still in big trouble BUT Philly and Dallas losing feels nice, and keeps a glimmer of hope alive lol

Also one can't do this. BUT just for fun, if you extend Murray's current stats over 16 games we get: 2101 yards Shocked Pushing dangerously close to Dickerson's record. 
I'd be shocked if he maintains this pace (would be 400+ carries!) and I believe when backs get near 400 they tend to get injured the next year, but hey I guess Dallas has to keep riding him. I'm a fan of backs by committee but guess when you're this hot, tough to take carries away. 
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2014 at 08:03
Skins pass rush and blitzing was great, Cowboys couldn't handle it.  McCoy played a really nice game after throwing the pick, and their O-line was doing great run blocking for Morris.  Congrats to the Skins, great game.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2014 at 08:40
Oh man some good ones this weekend. 
Narlins/Carolina for battle of the worstLOL 
Denver/NE which should at least be competitive now, and Balimore/Pitt is usually ugly at least, which is fun. 
Speaking of Dallas, let's hope Arizona can work the same magic! They blitz like madmen so hopefully that can best the Cowboys again. 

ooooo and yeah, I guess Giants play Indy. Can't say I expect this to go well. Hope the bye has let DRC heal up, our defense is hurting. If a shootout ensues we lack the firepower to keep up without Cruz.
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2014 at 22:13
Dallas isn't really that good. Their OLine has real issues in pass pro. Their third down conversion rate is unsustainable and is responsible for keeping their dumpster fire of a defense from being exposed. Arizona shouldn't need magic to beat them.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2014 at 22:21
^Just various blitz packages to get to Romo.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2014 at 08:02
Looks like the Saints have taken control of the worst division in the league after they beat the struggling Panthers.

Look forward to a hopefully slugfest of a game of the Steelers and Ravens...hopefully we fare better than the last game against the Ravens....we goose egged it.

Interesting to see the blitzkreig package against the Cowboys this week by the Cards, Romo should be running for his life LOL.

Pats and Broncos should be fun also....looks like Sunday will be a nice day in the Lazy Boy with a brew Beer

Edited by AEProgman - October 31 2014 at 08:07
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 03:46
Yeah, I'm less sold on Dallas now and am thinking it was more a product of playing bad teams, the Giants being one, though they still were within striking distance the whole time. 
Thank god because between them or Philly, I of course prefer the latter. Of course hoping JJ Watt can eat up their hurt o line. 

I'm not sold on the Colts defense so still hoping for an offensive game, at the very least Giants can't make fools of themselves in prime time again... We're down our nickle back, Cullen Jenkins out, and DRC is playing hurt still, not good. Regardless I'll be out drinking, either in joy or misery!

I always figured the Saints had this, it ultimately comes down to their leaders, and I think Cam was really developed well BUT him vs Brees is easy. Narlins will take it, though I don't think they're very great. Yeah, gunna be a great day of ball. Not sure when I'll get studying in!

Edited by JJLehto - November 02 2014 at 04:06
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 13:48
I hope it continues to snow like this in NE for the game. Nothing beats football in the snow
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 14:19
Supposedly it's gunna be "blizzard like conditions"!

Whoa, Miami is laying a beatdown on SD
Arizona is so far managing to top the Weeden led Cowboys, the Eagles are currently led by Mark Sanchez and still leadingLOL
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 14:21
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

I hope it continues to snow like this in NE for the game. Nothing beats football in the snow

Agreed.  Few things beat snow, period.  Although, having lived in California for the past 5 years, I've missed it more than I should. LOL

And who pissed off the Dolphins that they're throttling the Chargers like this?  I don't want to face them next week.  BTW, looking at the remainder of the Lions' schedule, things don't look good.  Usually, you could dismiss this as simple pessimism from a lifelong Lions fan, but this is the next three weeks:

vs. Miami
at Arizona
at New England

That's probably three straight losses, and then they finish the season at Green Bay, which I can't remember when the last time was that they won in GB.  Not good.

Edited by MillsLayne - November 02 2014 at 14:22
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 15:15
They can beat Miami.

Those next two though...probably not.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 15:18
Phins are one of those quiet teams, but seem to have a pretty good defense and no one knows who Tannehill is but he's really come along. But yeah never expected that, what a thrashing. 

Well least Dallas loses!
Philly is in great position now and to think Sanchez is who took over in that gameLOL

Alright let's see some snow
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 17:05
Sadly no snow.

And sadly not much of a game either.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 17:45
Yeah so much for that! 

Seriously, gotta give the Pats credit, though I never like to do so lol, they never seem to have those let down moments, when it's a big game they rarely falter, and usually take it to level 11. 
Very sucky pick for Manning there, the infamous Eli bounce pick lol and NEXT play, TD pass from Brady. They just have that knack...racking up points in literally a minute! How often have we seen them get a break and just go for the throat? Damn tough team and talks of Brady's demise appear to have been greatly overstatedLOL Shame, Denver had that great drive and could've made a comeback attempt with plenty of game to go. 
I hope tonight's will be better!

Edited by JJLehto - November 02 2014 at 17:53
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 20:01
I gotta root for Baltimore in tonight's game. After a sweep of them by the Bengals, it'd be much better for us to have the Steelers further away right now.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2014 at 21:51
I'm all for the Steelers losing but well it's looking bad right now and that was a totally dirty move. I know the little stuff that goes in esp in rivalry games but that shot to Blount totally uncalled for and across the line. Look at the mess it caused lol

Wow another 6 TD 0 pick game for Big Ben. Holy sh*t. After the worry of him and Brady...

Edited by JJLehto - November 03 2014 at 00:34
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 07:57
Another nasty Steeler/Ravens game.  Yes, some of this did go over the line, but hey thats what we like as recliner arm chair gladiators.Evil Smile
Damn, Ben is on a video game roll...can't believe this is the same team from just a few weeks ago.  Perhaps with fewer practices and stuff in the pre-season, they are just now beginning to gel...or its just hot streak and their inconsistent ways will return.  A true worrisome fan LOL.

Cardinals are looking good, not sure I am sold on them yet though.  Glad to see SF choke one out.

Big test for G-men tonight, must win if they are going be in the hunt.
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 08:36
I don't know if the Steelers were on anyone's radar a couple weeks ago, but they sure as hell are now.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 12:14
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Big test for G-men tonight, must win if they are going be in the hunt.

It's true. With both Romo & Foles out for the near future the division is much more open then it used to be. Of course, this depends on the giants offense showing up...which is anyones guess when that will or will not happen.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2014 at 12:42
In the game-picking pool that I am in, I am the only person out of 20 of us to pick the Giants; everyone else took the Colts.  I am one game behind the leader for winning this week, so if the Giants win, I win.  If the Giants lose, I lose.  I expect that I will probably lose.  Can't imagine there being big upsets two Monday nights in a row.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 37>