Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2014 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 37>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2014 at 22:19
Well the MVP is a bit BS in my opinion because football is the most team oriented game, in my belief, even the guys that totally run their teams like Peyton still need lots of help around him, and when lacking that talent around them tend to kind of crash when it matters most. Surely Wilson has immense talent and "it factor" but also is blessed with an amazing team, one where it seems all 53 players are pro bowlersLOL

That said I'd have no beef with Wilson getting it. The other candidates are of course Rodgers, Peyton, Rivers (I thought at first it'd be him) even DeMarco Murray since the Cowboys would be sh*t without himLOL Even JJ Watt is in the mix, Andrew Luck of course. It really is just a feel good though. 

Also who will the NFC South?? The REAL question we all wanna know! 
Cmon 7-8-1

Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2014 at 22:50
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

If Russell Wilson leads Seattle to their 2nd Super Bowl win in a row, is there anyone more deserving of the MVP trophy. State your case for your candidate??

Marshawn Lynch is better at his position than Wilson is at his. I'm not knocking Wilson, because he is certainly becoming very good. Lynch is just an elite running back.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 03:41
^ Not to mention like five + people on the defense. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 08:30
Which five?
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 09:55

If Russell Wilson leads Seattle to their 2nd Super Bowl win in a row, is there anyone more deserving of the MVP trophy. State your case for your candidate??

The MVP is voted on before the playoffs start, so the case for Wilson can't be conditioned on Seattle winning the SB.

Wilson is a hell of a player but I think someone like Rodgers obviously has much better numbers (and agree or disagree the MVP is highly weighted by numbers) and I think Wilson is surrounded by a much better team on both sides of the ball.

Edited by Padraic - December 24 2014 at 09:58
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 10:02
Wilson was snubbed for the pro bowl, no biggie, he will probably be far to busy anyway.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 23:32

Which five?

Sherman, Earl T, Chancellor, Wagner...and someone from the d-line should probably be included.

But hell...even if it's only four, that's still enough.

And I by no means mean to denigrate Wilson. nHe's a top notch talent and I definitely think he can win that award in the future as he continues to develop.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2014 at 21:52
Yeah, I know you gotta be a crazed Settle fan fresh off the epic SB win but it's really not a big deal LOL
Not only are awards not fully accurate of such a team oriented sport, they are always popularity contests. 
There's always snubs. 

I'd say Odell Beckham has been a snub but hey, what's more important is he's a beast and hopefully he torches the Eagles tomorrow. 

And yeah, the reason I like Seattle is because they are NOT one of these teams who live and die by the ups and downs of a QB, or a few key players. They are a true team, one that plays great defense, run game, has a brilliant leader at QB, and has depth! That is why I like em, it's not like the Saints or Packers or even the Giants, where the team utterly relies on 1 player. Hey, if you don't want Sherman, or Thomas, or Chancellor, or Bobby Wagner or Michael Bennett feel free to give em to the Giants. We could desperately use all those guysLOL

Edited by JJLehto - December 27 2014 at 22:08
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 12:19
Odell should be in, but I heard Chris Carter talking the other day and he indicated that a new upcoming great receiver will usually get a "season in the hole" until he proves himself a second year in a row.  Until then the well known guys get the nod.

Anyway, a rainy day here and it is time to insert myself into the lazy boy enjoy the last games of the season to determine the playoff settings.  I am not sure if I want the Steelers to win the division if it means playing the Chargers right off the bat, assuming Chase Daniel does not pull out a win.  What a time for Alex to go down.  I guess getting a home game for playoffs is worth the win though. LOL

NFC south winner gets a home playoff game with a losing record, that should change, better record should get home game.

Still I don't think anyone is going to beat the Hawks anyway, unless they beat themselves or an injury.  Yes, more of a true team than most.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 12:19
^ no
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 12:20
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Yeah, I know you gotta be a crazed Settle fan fresh off the epic SB win but it's really not a big deal LOL
Not only are awards not fully accurate of such a team oriented sport, they are always popularity contests. 
There's always snubs. 

I'd say Odell Beckham has been a snub but hey, what's more important is he's a beast and hopefully he torches the Eagles tomorrow. 

And yeah, the reason I like Seattle is because they are NOT one of these teams who live and die by the ups and downs of a QB, or a few key players. They are a true team, one that plays great defense, run game, has a brilliant leader at QB, and has depth! That is why I like em, it's not like the Saints or Packers or even the Giants, where the team utterly relies on 1 player. Hey, if you don't want Sherman, or Thomas, or Chancellor, or Bobby Wagner or Michael Bennett feel free to give em to the Giants. We could desperately use all those guysLOL
no
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 13:53
Well then...if you wanna keep em all I'd quit fretting about Wilson being snubbed Wink

Speaking of over reliance on the QB. I think Brees is more proof the one guy can only be asked to do so much...
Now 3 picks on the day

Good game so far with the Eagles. Needless to say Giants offense is greatly improved from round 1 where they got shut out and Eli could barely get the ball without being leveled. O line has actually held up pretty well against the Philly pass rush, real progress. Giants have lacked consistency but had some big plays, lots of drops... Have gotten some pressure on Sanchez and made some big stops, let's hope the second half is even better. 

Edited by JJLehto - December 28 2014 at 14:16
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 15:58
Dang, well...disappointing year from the Giants. 6-10 and all those games they could've had. Arizona, Dallas Jacksonville, San Fran. Even Seattle was tightly played for a while. Lot of blown opportunity, but hey...the one good thing to a bad year is maybe some changes can happen. I'm thinking our DC and hopefully Antrel Rolle that bum. Least things really started to gel offensively. O line made some progress. ODB ends up with 1300 yards and 12 TDs in 12 games. Onto a better 2015 for the G Men. If Cruz can come back to full health, and Randle actually keeps up this playing well...may be quite an offense. 

Can't wait for Cincy/Pitt the utterly useless game for tonight! How could Detroit/Green Bay not be flexed into primetime??

Edited by JJLehto - December 28 2014 at 16:08
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 18:25
Oh Chargers...

Oh Atlanta...can't even show up to the biggest game of the season. Tsk tsk.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 18:38

^ Chargers and Atlanta both disappointing. 

So it now seems Steelers will either play Colts or the ol rival Ravens in first round depending on tonights game.

Looks like the NFC will go through Seattle as expected.  AFC via NE.  Let the games begin!
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 18:48
Maybe the NFC south winner has a chance of moving on with the rather unstable Cardinals coming into town.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 20:46
I knew we'd lose, especially being in GB, but I'm still mad/disappointed.  I don't think I've ever been okay with a Lions' L, no matter the situation.  And now, we're going to Dallas next week.  I have a good idea how that game will go.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 21:33
Key statistic"  Matt Stafford is 0 and 16 on the road against teams with a winning record in his career.  Yes, it is a team sport, but I think that this says a lot about how mediocre he is. 
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 23:24
^Someone brought that stat to my attention today.  Made me really depressed.  And I feel like it's far enough into his career that he should have already turned the corner to win some big games.  Maybe he'll be like Romo and catch fire in his 10th or so season.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2014 at 23:43
Well, being the chargers didn't make it I'm pretty much rooting for anyone other than the Cowboys and the Steelers. Just hoping there will be some good games this year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 37>