FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2014 NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34353637>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 17:10
ehhh...  it was just a great play by the defender..  that would have been a touchdown unless the defender didn't make a great play.. which could have happened no matter what the Seahawks called.

I don't think time will treat the decision as harshly as some think... it wasn't Ernest Byner or crap like that..it was a good throw..  it was a touchdown .. if not for a great play by the defender.. same could have happened in the run. About as much chance to fumble as throwing a pick.

that said..  the aftermath has been as much fun as the game.  Conspricy theories...Wilson throwing the winner over Lynch running it in.. tieing into .. what some consider  the ultimate display of Pete Caroll's ego and arrogance that it would he HIS player.. that would win the game.  Good times...

Edited by micky - February 02 2015 at 17:11
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 17:24
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

that said..  the aftermath has been as much fun as the game.  Conspricy theories...Wilson throwing the winner over Lynch running it in.. tieing into .. what some consider  the ultimate display of Pete Caroll's ego and arrogance that it would he HIS player.. that would win the game.  Good times...

Everyone's rage over Pete Carroll needs to stop, too.  The dude already got them a Lombardi and he's helped to set them up for a few years. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 21:25
Can try to justify it all we want but seriously...be realistic, what on Earth were they thinking? 
I don't have any conspiracies or anything, that is stupid, almost as stupid as calling a pass play on the 2 yard line with the SB on the line and Lynch as a running back. LOL
Ya know, like how in every normal game you'd run it for the easy in, eat up time, only go for a risky pass when you need...guess the biggest game there is doesn't require sanity! 

And we all know Carroll has done brilliantly, doesn't make the OC immune from stupid assity. And not saying fire the guy, but sorry....one very dumb call very likely cost your team the SB, this can't go quietly into the night. 

Edited by JJLehto - February 02 2015 at 21:27
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 21:40
It's the NFL.  sh*t happens.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 22:04
Listen to what Butler said right after the game.....He saw the play coming, he read it in Wilson's eyes. He saw the stack and knew it was a pick play, he played it perfectly, sat back and did not bite on the first receiver but focused on the stacked receiver. Sure it was a great defensive play and he stole the ball from Lockette......Spin it how you want, a pass play on the 1 yard line by the Seahawks was a horrible call, period.
That is NOT what got them to the Super Bowl, Lynch got them to the game.......100 million people watching the game knew Lynch was gonna get the ball.

Nothing I have heard from Seattle coaches makes any sense, this was not game 7 of the regular season.....People, it was the Super Bowl, 24 seconds left to score the winning TD with 3 tries and 1 yd to go and shut the door on Brady.
Anything but a pass, play action and Wilson could run it......Give it to Lynch 3yrds deep and let him gain speed and nobody stops him.

If you have ever coached at a competitive level, then you know rule number 1 is.....Don't deviate from what got you to the big game....

Pete should just come out and say....."guys I screwed up, I should have given the ball to Lynch"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 23:07
^Maybe so.  Either way, they lost, and it sucks. 

But, hearing from a lot of people that they want someone fired is just plain idiotic.  Calm down.  They'll be fine.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2015 at 11:20
^yes they will
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2015 at 11:35
I wouldn't mind a rematch next year.
*frinspar* View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2015 at 11:46
Plain and simple, it was hubris that called that play. Considering they want to pay Lynch even more money and keep him for the long haul, that would've been the perfect time to let him prove his worth and for the team to prove their faith in his ability. But they got cocky and wanted to end it with a flash, and it bit them in the ass.

But for me, since I had no dog in that fight, I got a great finish either way that could've gone. I got home just in time to see the last 2 minutes of the first half, luckily missing the boring first part of it. Boy, what a game, especially after last year's utter snoozefest that was over on the first play of the game.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2015 at 11:50
Lynch has had 5 runs from the one this season and got in once, there have been 109 passes from the one this season with one intercepted. Not that much of a stretch to call a pass. It was poorly executed an the DB made a great play, that is all. Personally I would have run - pass - pass on that sequence.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
*frinspar* View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2015 at 11:54
Fair enough. But you've got to at least try to punch it in first. And it was a killer heads up play by the DB.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 18:19
As per tradition, a Pats fan must start the 2015 thread and I think it's finally time. 

Until he does, I'll keep it here. 
I don't follow college players but in terms of position, the Giants first two picks were deff good ones: O lineman and safety. Very big needs we had, and nearly everyone seems to have been praising the pick of Flowers, and they just traded up to take a safety, Collins, from Alabama. 

We shall see, but Flowers is a big dude, maybe it'll help our anemic running game, and I always trust a defensive player from Bama. Good job so far Giants! Clap
Let's hope it continues, this draft has been called a make or break one for Reese, who I still think gets way too much flak, but yeah good stuff so far from Big Blue. 

Hopefully he will make everyone quickly forget about that bum ass Rolle

Edited by JJLehto - May 01 2015 at 18:21
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 21:21
I'm SO happy about the Lions first round of the draft.  Through a trade that got Detroit the 28th overall pick, a couple of additional picks and Manny Ramirez from Denver, they drafted Laken Tomlinson from Duke, so the O line is automatically much better than last year. 
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 22:56
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

As per tradition, a Pats fan must start the 2015 thread and I think it's finally time. 

Until he does, I'll keep it here. 
I don't follow college players but in terms of position, the Giants first two picks were deff good ones: O lineman and safety. Very big needs we had, and nearly everyone seems to have been praising the pick of Flowers, and they just traded up to take a safety, Collins, from Alabama. 

We shall see, but Flowers is a big dude, maybe it'll help our anemic running game, and I always trust a defensive player from Bama. Good job so far Giants! Clap
Let's hope it continues, this draft has been called a make or break one for Reese, who I still think gets way too much flak, but yeah good stuff so far from Big Blue. 

Hopefully he will make everyone quickly forget about that bum ass Rolle

Yeah, I don't think Reese is in the hot seat quite yet. Giants aren;t reactionary in that way anyway.

Overall, I'll give them a B+ through 3. I think Flowers may have been a slight reach at 9, but he seems to be one of those traditional "mauler" types, and if he can slide into right tackle I think it helps the line overall. Collins was a great pick...I'm good with the trade as well. Cam get value in the fourth, but it's much more a stan in the dark. I liked the DE for UCLA from the moment I saw his name...glad the giants picked him.

Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 14:26
Yeah, I really don't know anything about the players, so I'm just going off position and opinions of others. 
The picks of OL, S, and DE were deff needs we had and they seem to have good buzz about them. I approve.

Reese has since gone off the rails and taken Mykkele Thompson a Safety/Cornerback from Texas. Not that I have an issue with that pick but "Admittedly, we did not scout Mykkele Thompson. Never even once considered him an option."     "Mykkele Thompson did not expect to get drafted. The only team he even met with? The New York Giants"

From the Giants 101 page it seems literally no one expected this, and no one, apparently he himself, expected him to be drafted. Quick scouting reports I've found have been, no one really knows. LOL
Seems like a reach, if they really like this guy, why not take him with the last pick? Seems like no one else was gunna draft him, and if by some chance they did, I don't think the loss would be killer heh  but we shall see. If he works out, brilliant move for Reese.

Edited by JJLehto - May 02 2015 at 14:27
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 14:35
Originally posted by MillsLayne MillsLayne wrote:

I'm SO happy about the Lions first round of the draft.  Through a trade that got Detroit the 28th overall pick, a couple of additional picks and Manny Ramirez from Denver, they drafted Laken Tomlinson from Duke, so the O line is automatically much better than last year. 

Yeah, O line always a good pick and he seems to be a big dude, maybe can help in the run game too. 

Also, the changes in the Jets organization is already paying off. They have been lauded up and down the aisle, (even by haters) for their pick of Williams who apparently fell a bit, and some say may have been the best actual player in the draft. I gotta say, Wilkerson, Richardson, and now Williams if he turns out that good..would be an ungodly d line.  

Speaking of run game, I see San Diego took Gordon from Wisconsin. Another great back churned out by that school. 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 17:04
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Yeah, I really don't know anything about the players, so I'm just going off position and opinions of others. 
The picks of OL, S, and DE were deff needs we had and they seem to have good buzz about them. I approve.

Reese has since gone off the rails and taken Mykkele Thompson a Safety/Cornerback from Texas. Not that I have an issue with that pick but "Admittedly, we did not scout Mykkele Thompson. Never even once considered him an option."     "Mykkele Thompson did not expect to get drafted. The only team he even met with? The New York Giants"

From the Giants 101 page it seems literally no one expected this, and no one, apparently he himself, expected him to be drafted. Quick scouting reports I've found have been, no one really knows. LOL
Seems like a reach, if they really like this guy, why not take him with the last pick? Seems like no one else was gunna draft him, and if by some chance they did, I don't think the loss would be killer heh  but we shall see. If he works out, brilliant move for Reese.

True. But at the 5th round you're taking flyers anyway, so I can't be too weirded out by those Giants 101 comments. haha. At least they didn't draft a QB!

Overall though, I'd rate the draft a B+ for the gmen. Two OL, two Safetys, a DE (with perhaps the best name in the draft), and a WR. Based on need and (supposed) value this looks pretty good to me.  
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 13:56
Yeah all good positions for our needs, and the players seem to have good talk about them. Certainly the first 3 and that WR from UConn was being touted 
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2015 at 17:17
Tom Brady suspended for 4 games this year.

Worst part about it...they play the Cowboys in week 4!
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2015 at 17:21
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Tom Brady suspended for 4 games this year.

Worst part about it...they play the Cowboys in week 4!

No sympathy for him, personally. He lied. He refused to hand over phone records. I do think the penalty is a bit severe regarding the loss of draft picks though. That's silly.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34353637>