Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Kanoi : From The City To The Stars Vinyl Release
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKanoi : From The City To The Stars Vinyl Release

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kanoi : From The City To The Stars Vinyl Release
    Posted: March 10 2014 at 07:34
Greetings,

My forthcoming vinyl release "From The City To The Stars" is up and running on my bandcamp page!
Click here to have a listen!

Tracklist:
A-Side:
1. From The City To The Stars
2. Cracks
3. Witch Mt.

B-Side:
1. Obstacles
2. The Heather Blazing
3. Suspicions Aside

It will be released around the end of April by German label "Clostridium Records" and will come
in three different formats:

- Standard Edition (black, heavy-weight vinyl, limited to 200 copies)

- Coloured Edition (coloured vinyl , limited to 200 copies)

- Die-Hard Edition (coloured vinyl, comes with additional A3-poster and another extra item which will be revealed soon - limited to 100 copies)

- all editions come with a glossy gatefold sleeve, a download code, a digital bonus track and coloured lyric sheets printed on heavy, high-quality paper.

Andreas (the great guy behind Clostridium Records) and I have yet to decide on which colours we will use for the non-standard editions but I'll post any progress on my Facebook page.

The tracklist is meant to showcase the different styles of music I've been releasing since I started this project.

Each LP side begins with a new song which is then followed by two older songs.

"Cracks" was the first song I recorded and released as "Kanoi" back in 2011 but is featured here as a remixed version with additional guitar overdubs.

"Witch Mt." was part of the "Moonglow" mini-album from 2012 but this version comes with newly recorded guitar-parts and a totally different and freshly recorded vocal take.

"The Heather Blazing" and "Suspicions Aside" were originally part of the "Basque For Barrel" EP but are presented here as slightly remixed versions of the originals.

"From The City To The Stars" and "Obstacles" are new songs and the last ones I've recorded as "Kanoi".

Here is the cover artwork:

See you Space Cowboys

Benjamin

Edited by MustardSea - March 16 2014 at 11:21
MustardSea View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2014 at 11:26
Update regarding the vinyl colours:

- Coloured Edition: red-black marbled vinyl

- Die-Hard Edition: 5-colour-splatter on transparent wax (yummy)

-
the digital edition (which you'll be able to access via the download code that comes with each copy) will have a bonus track included

- every copy will be hand-numbered

Edited by MustardSea - March 16 2014 at 14:09
MustardSea View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2014 at 08:10
Update regarding the release date: the record will now come out at the end of May. There was a problem with the test pressing which had to be fixed.
Also, there'll be another digital bonus track called "April Sunshine" which you can stream over here: http://soundcloud.com/kanoi/april-sunshine
 Post Reply Post Reply