Message Reverse Sort Order
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camel to Release The Snow Goose Live DVD
    Posted: May 09 2014 at 00:51
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Sagi, your thoughts are exactly why I was a little hesitant to purchase the `reboot' . There's actually a few of the later 80's and 90's Camel albums I'd prefer to catch up on first than this, I think.

Michael, I think it's definitely worth getting something you don't already know. From the later period the two standouts for me are Rajaz and A Nod And A Wink, a must for a Camel fan.

Edited by Sagichim - May 09 2014 at 00:52
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 22:44
Thank you David and Sagi!

Good that I have other options, David, as I'd truly love to see this!

Sagi, your thoughts are exactly why I was a little hesitant to purchase the `reboot' . There's actually a few of the later 80's and 90's Camel albums I'd prefer to catch up on first than this, I think.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 21:48
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

£18.00 for `rest of the world'?! F**K that, mummy!

I guess the advntage here is that it goes directly do the band? But I think I'll wait a bit and see if any of my usual prog vendors get it in stock.

Still, I'd rather get this than the actual studio-remake CD of `Goose'! Was it actually any good?

I listened to the remake Snow Goose and I didn't like it so much, I mean of course it's good but I see no reason listening to it over the original. But maybe it's down to me preferring 70's sounding album than the "trying to be perfect" nowadays mixing. Overall I thought it lost its magic.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 21:42
Quite a few vendors are stocking it Michael - I just edited my post above yours with a couple of alternative sources. Haven't received my copy yet, but reviews I've seen of it so far are very positive indeed. Just For Kicks will ship to Aussieland for €9,00 (about 13.30 AUD), making €27,99 (41.40 AUD) in total...but I'm sure you can better that by searching around! LOL
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 21:21
£18.00 for `rest of the world'?! F**K that, mummy!

I guess the advntage here is that it goes directly do the band? But I think I'll wait a bit and see if any of my usual prog vendors get it in stock.

Still, I'd rather get this than the actual studio-remake CD of `Goose'! Was it actually any good?

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - May 08 2014 at 21:23
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 21:04
Th DVD is called "In From The Cold" and is available from the camelproductions website, priced quite reasonably at 15 of our British pounds (around 25 bucks), as of now: http://www.camelproductions-store.com/1n-from-the-cold-181-p.aspThumbs Up

I must warn everyone however, that shipping charges to destinations other than the UK are not, in my opinion, very reasonable at all...Europe £13.35, and the rest of The World £18.00.  Ouch Shipping to the UK itself is £3.80.

Edit: Reviews of the DVD are very positive indeed - people are saying it's the best Camel DVD yet in terms of perfomance, recording, and filming/editing.

Would-be purchasers in Europe might want to try Just For Kicks Music as a route to cheaper shipping charges. The DVD itself is similarly priced at €18,99 (about £15.50 or 26 bucks): http://www.justforkicks.de/detail.asp?id=17480. Typical shipping charge for European countries outside of Germany is €5,00 Smile

Amazon USA have it for about 36 bucks all-inclusive: http://www.amazon.com/In-From-the-Cold/dp/B00IPL2AGI. Thumbs Up

Edited by yam yam - May 08 2014 at 21:32
Jumping johnners View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2014 at 13:45
I saw them in Cambridge last night - awesome gig! 
Junges View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2014 at 17:09
No release date yet?
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2014 at 13:30
Cool! I don't feel so bad about not seeing the show now.

I may have to get this.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2014 at 13:25
Oh my God...! Do we really need another Camel thread? Too bloody right we do! - Especially when it's good news on this scale (apart from the Guy LeBlanc illness aspect of it). Big smile

Camel have confirmed the release of a live DVD filmed at the Barbican in London last October, where they performed classic album The Snow Goose in full.

The 130-minute movie also includes nine tracks from across the veterans’ career. It’s initially available via their merchandise stall, with a general release to follow.

The band – who returned to action last year after a 10-year hiatus – are midway through a European tour without keyboardist Guy LeBlanc, who requires continuing treatment for renal cancer.

He recently told fans: “I’ve been undergoing radiation treatment, to which it seems I’ve responded well. I’ve also been taking a drug to try shrinking the tumours in order to buy me more time in this mortal coil.

“I had hoped to be in a stable course of treatment so I could join my buddies again, but developments in the last couple of weeks have made it necessary for me to bow out, so that I may focus on my recovery and the recommendations of my doctors. I look forward to seeing everyone again once this hurdle is passed.”

Ton Scherpenzeel of Kayak, who played on Camel’s 2003 farewell tour, is standing in for LeBlanc. They play the Corn Exchange, Cambridge, tonight, and the Parr Hall, Warrington, on Thursday.

Camel Live DVD tracklist

Set One: The Snow Goose
01. The Great Marsh
02. Rhayader
03. Rhayader Goes to Town
04. Sanctuary
05. Fritha
06. The Snow Goose
07. Friendship
08. Migration
09. Rhayader Alone
10. Flight of the Snow Goose
11. Preparation
12. Dunkirk
13. Epitaph
14. Fritha Alone
15. La Princesse Perdue
16. The Great Marsh (Reprise)

Set Two
01. Never Let Go
02. Song Within A Song
03. Echoes
04. The Hour Candle
05. Tell Me
06. Watching The Bobbins
07. Fox Hill
08. For Today
09. Lady Fantasy

That's almost the same setlist as the March 2nd gig this year at The Paradiso in Amsterdam - the only difference being that they played 'Drafted' this time around instead of 'Tell Me'.

A pretty decent video of the whole Amsterdam gig was uploaded to YouTube earlier today by someone, and I posted it in the 'Sad news for the Camel tour 2014' thread just this afternoon. Camel Productions seem to have already lodged a copyright claim though, and it is now gone forever. LOL

The same guy also uploaded a separate 49-minute vid of 'The Snow Goose' section of the concert...and at the moment that one still survives. Probably not for long though!

Should be a fine DVD! Cool
 Post Reply Post Reply