Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArve (Germany) for Crossover Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arve (Germany) for Crossover Prog
    Posted: March 31 2014 at 05:50

ARVE is the current project of talented musician Henny Arve.. (Composer, Arrangeur, Producer, Brain). He makes music since the early 70s. After a time of experience with bands like AMBROSIA, MADISON DYKE and ARAGON, he set foot on the fabled land of Prog in 1976. With his band RELAYER, on drums, Helmut Draht ,the first drummer from the band ELOY and Mr.Anthony, Norbert Requardt ,guitarist from VOICE OF PAIN, the bassist Roger Girschman, he started his career with works like "Die Zeitmaschine" or "Berge des Wahnsinns" with the UTV -FILMPRODUCTION -STUDIO. 1977 Henny Arve wrote the music to the movie ,titled "Konflkt am Zaun". 1978 this action movie get the SILVER AWARD in New York. After a successful time, also with the intended ELOY guitarist Hannes Arkona, the band splited in 1979. The 80th were very experimental. In the year 1995 he composed the great musical "autumn waltz" .With the voice of Susan Heights and Helmut Lilbob ,he was participator of the "MUSICAL OF THE YEAR 1996" in Danmark.Since 1998 he is working together with the lead-vocalist and lyric poet Helmut Lilbob and furthered friends at the project "ARVE". The first CD is from 2000, named "On The First Sight". The new album added some other singers, as specially Stefan Ernst. The voice from the band TRIBE 13. Sounds like: The Flower Kings, Dream Theater, Ayreon, Genesis, Frank Zappa. - http://www.reverbnation.com/arveworld

released 08 August 2008

Henny Arve: 
Keyboards, Grand Piano, Orchestration, Backing Vocals

Helmut Lilbob :
Lead Vocals and Lyrics...

Special Guests :

Stefan Ernst - Vocals
Jessica G - Vocals
Toni Paul - Guitar
Olav Tilborg - Bass
Mr.J.Anthony - Drums

released 16 February 2000

Henny Arve:
Keyboards ,Orchestration ,Bass and Drums

Helmut Lilbob
Lead Vocals ,Electric and Accustic Guitars 

Edited by Svetonio - March 31 2014 at 09:40
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2014 at 07:38
This is another band that was added to progfreak by Special Collaborator avestin around four years ago (see also Pink Freud), but which it seems never got taken forward into the PA area for evaluation (unless there was something mentioned in the collab zone during that era which might possibly have slipped down a crack): http://progfreak.com/Arve-113240.html.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 22:00
Worth hearing out imo, so gentle bump... Embarrassed
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 13:24
Question Any news?
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 19:43
Still no PA tab on progfreak, so I guess not. Ermm I reckon you need to pop down to the team hideout and drop a subtle hint in there that a suggestion needs checking out... Tongue
kev rowland View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 01:50
None of this saw it in the new bands thread, and no-one told us about it either, so it got missed. I was just checking the thread for anything new since the last addition, and saw it then - just as well you guys kept mentioning it otherwise it would still be in limbo. Shame we don't have a new bands moderator who could post suggestions directly into threads so nothing was missed.

Still, it's up for voting now
All five volumes of The Progressive Underground now available
https://www.amazon.com/Kev-Rowland/e/B07RJVRB2X
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 09:07
Originally posted by kev rowland kev rowland wrote:

(...) Shame we don't have a new bands moderator who could post suggestions directly into threads so nothing was missed. (...)

Agree wholeheartedly...but it's a poisoned chalice! LOL Several collabs have 'dabbled' with the role over the last three years or so, but of the three who took it on as their main task on the site, only Andy (Webb) lives on to tell the tale!

Alex (harmonium.ro) disappeared altogether, and Chris (seventhsoujourn) only pops in once in a blue moon these days, and hasn't actually posted since the summer of last year. It's a tough job...I'd have a bash myself if I had more knowledge of the 'less melodic' forms of prog, but that will never happen because I don't really dig these more esoteric sub genres at all, so will never fully get to grips with them, unfortunately. Cry
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 09:28
I agree, it would be better if we had a new suggestions team, but, and I must stress this, the biggest problem PA faces in this particular matter, is the fact that we aren't equipped to handle hundreds upon hundreds of new suggestions. I won't name any name here, but we have at least one member here who continuously suggest new bands for inclusion - even when the team in question still is trying to get to grips with this members's last wave of suggestions.
The last time we had a new suggestions team (I was a member myself) it only seemed to encourage even more suggestions. Seeing as we've still not recovered from these huge suggestion waves, I think it would be foolish to start up a new team, only to have even more work pushed onto the teams. Just because the suggestion ends up in the right place doesn't necessarily mean that it gets added sooner - especially when the team in question has a big back-catalogue (where 90% of the suggestions stem from one member).
Also, it is not a fun job. Everyone who ever toiled with this job ran screaming away after a little while.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 17:31
I understand what you are saying, but there is a statement of intent on our homepage which says "PROG ARCHIVES intends to be the most complete and powerful progressive rock resource." To be the most complete, means evaluating all bands who call themselves (or others call them) progressive - I have no issue with having to listen to loads of bands, that is what I signed up for. But, without having someone firing suggestions into the team threads they can get missed.

I have been made redundant, and am finishing work this week, so while I am still in the office (have to be here, but not doing any actual work)  I am trying to get up to date with what has been happening on the site. To that end, I have been back to the end of 2013 within the New Suggestions, and have checked out every thread that has been mentioned as being for Crossover - I am mortified to find that we have missed 26 acts! I know that it is my fault for not checking this thread, but with all of the demands on my time I just haven't been in - something I will rectify going forward. It was yam yam going hard at it in this thread the other day that inspired me to get into myself.

Even if someone just took each suggestion and sent a link into the relevant sub thread (based on the suggestion in the heading), then that would help. I'm currently making a full list of everyone we seem to have missed, then over the next few days I will be checking on current state and adding to PF and to our charts. Currently only 7 bands cleared, and 4 in new, so we're quite up to date, but I'm just about to traumatise the team..... 
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 23:06

I understand what you are saying, but there is a statement of intent on our homepage which says "PROG ARCHIVES intends to be the most complete and powerful progressive rock resource." To be the most complete, means evaluating all bands who call themselves (or others call them) progressive - I have no issue with having to listen to loads of bands, that is what I signed up for. But, without having someone firing suggestions into the team threads they can get missed.

I have been made redundant, and am finishing work this week, so while I am still in the office (have to be here, but not doing any actual work)  I am trying to get up to date with what has been happening on the site. To that end, I have been back to the end of 2013 within the New Suggestions, and have checked out every thread that has been mentioned as being for Crossover - I am mortified to find that we have missed 26 acts! I know that it is my fault for not checking this thread, but with all of the demands on my time I just haven't been in - something I will rectify going forward. It was yam yam going hard at it in this thread the other day that inspired me to get into myself.

Even if someone just took each suggestion and sent a link into the relevant sub thread (based on the suggestion in the heading), then that would help. I'm currently making a full list of everyone we seem to have missed, then over the next few days I will be checking on current state and adding to PF and to our charts. Currently only 7 bands cleared, and 4 in new, so we're quite up to date, but I'm just about to traumatise the team..... 

Clearly I need to get supplies:

Edited by Roland113 - February 01 2015 at 23:31
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 06:44

(...) Even if someone just took each suggestion and sent a link into the relevant sub thread (based on the suggestion in the heading), then that would help. (...)

Well I could at least manage to do that much...even if for some sub genres I wouldn't really be able to add much in the way of informed comment.  Embarrassed I'll speak to Andy about it sometime over the next couple of days and see what he thinks - I have things to do at home today and tomorrow, and won't have much time for PA matters, but this is just a one-off task I have to do. Smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 14:50
Arve have now been sent over to Eclectic by the Crossover team
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2015 at 14:50
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

(...) Even if someone just took each suggestion and sent a link into the relevant sub thread (based on the suggestion in the heading), then that would help. (...)

Well I could at least manage to do that much...even if for some sub genres I wouldn't really be able to add much in the way of informed comment.  Embarrassed I'll speak to Andy about it sometime over the next couple of days and see what he thinks - I have things to do at home today and tomorrow, and won't have much time for PA matters, but this is just a one-off task I have to do. Smile
I think that would be incredibly helpful to all the teams, thanks for the offer David ClapClap 
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 14:42
Cleared by the Neo team, addition will follow soon.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
apps79 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 01:51
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace...

listen to www.justincaseradio.com , the first ever Greek Progressive Rock radio
 Post Reply Post Reply